It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Wants It Louder.... I Need Help.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I know nothing about cars sorry i just had to say that....but the car is soooooooooo damn sexy!!!! mmmmm lol

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I can't help you there, but wanted to say.... cool.
I like your wife. I think it's also pretty cool you want to make her happy.
I wanted a muscle car when I was 15, but my step dad said it was too much car for me.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Oh well, she's happywith it.

You tapped into the important part.

When we lived in the U.S., my darlin' had over 150,000 miles on the SCCA track. So when Paloma destroyed the place, along with her lil' car, I wanted her to get a newer model somethingoranother. She called me one day, and I could hear the humm of an engine in the background. "I found my car!" Is it a newer model car? "No! It's a hopped-up supercharged '93 Toyota Levin! It rocks! I just did the quarter in sub-14!" "ummmmmmm..... I thought we talked about you getting a newer car?" "Didncha hear me? I said I found my car!!"

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? yes, definately. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Had a '69 Impala when I lived in SoCal, loved it!!!
Went from SD to LA and back with a bad water pump, 396 CID engine if I remember right, no breakdowns, LOL
Great lines, reliable, strong, not the GF, the car.
Best part was the "secret compartment" in the console, if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If your wife wants more sound out of the factory system then you need to add a secondary out source amp and sub-woofers. this is easy take it to Best Buy and tell them you want to add a subwoofer package to your car.

Here's what you are looking at spending.
this car has a huge trunk so I'd go with 2- 12" rockford fosgate sub box
BestBuy has these a dime a dozen in every store this will be more than what your wife can handle.
So:
12" Rockford Fosgate Sub box =$299.00 ish you could get one on sale or open box for $150.00 ish
1 Rockford Fosgate "power series" 500 watt amp.
This thing is rated at about 500 watts RMS at 4 ohms x 1 and 1000 watts bridged to 2 ohms x 1 so it's got the power to kill those subs.
this will set you back about $399.00
a line out inverter about $39.00 (this allows you to apply another amp to your factory system with out cutting wires it's plug and play adapter.
A amp wiring kit with fuse holder and proper gage wire about $69.00
distribution block for power to amp $19.00
amp installation is $89.00
So your looking at about $1,000.00 to get going now this is just a base middle of the road system that is reliable and good solid quality if you want top end specs your going to pay another $2-3 grand extra so I wouldn't go get crazy just stay with the basics since your a audiohead rookie.
Hope this helps

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

Thanks...

We actually purchased an AMP and 2 -12" subs.

THe ampt is Rockford Fallsgate, the subs Pioneer.

Paid about $400 with installation.

However it's not what we wanted. I had told them that I wanted to make EVERYTHING louder and add some bass. What they sold me was a BASS package. The regular stereo sound is the same.

However, she likes the added bass, it does sound good. I just need to get her to let me add a new stereo, speakers and amp, to make it complete.

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

O.k.
I see yea...If you want to get improved sound out of your car and I mean over-all then you might want to get a new head unit. A new head unit will have out puts for front and rear and in some cases if you get a high end head unit with a 7.1 or higher dobly decoder you get a center channel out as well as a sub out. This will allow you to replace your factory speakers in the cab of your car, doors etc. and replace with some higher end speaks which you could then add another 4+channel amp to power those speakers and get the over-all sound you desire. it does get very pricey. I have never been able to leave factory in my cars. I just purchased a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 and I already spent well over 5k to replace all the factory bose system with polk audio spec that is plug and play. Most people don't want to pay the extra bucks to use the high end up-grades but this way my factory warranty isn't voided cause it's all OEM plug and play adapters minus the custom sub box built into the spare tire well I keep my warranty. you can go this route if your willing to spend the cheese. I just find it heart wrenching to cut up a brand new car when you can spend the extra amount to have plug play and your warranty.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Firstly you guys live in the states, you dont understand how awesome that is, the rest of us around the world or atleast South Africa, we are like at least one season of current models behind, my first advice to you is to take your car to a profession ICE installer and have them work out the vehicle accoustics of your vehicle, it is not necessary to have 2 x 12" subs to get the maximum bass in your car, i've seen a vehicle that had 2 x 8" subs in it and sounded like 2 x 15" in a bass reflex box, couldnt believe it until i actuall saw the subs pumping away in the boot, secondly if you want to keep the factory head unit, it would be advisable to put in a signal processor that can step up your current output to a higher voltage preout, rockford fostgate makes a nice little unit called the 3sixty, it is way ahead of the times and has all the nessary settings, last of all a good set of splits, midrange, tweeters and crossovers in the front with the most possible amplification, you need to try and create a sound stage as if you were a concert and watching the musicians standing infront playing all the relative instruments and hearing them come from their original source, its not about spending great deals of cash to get the sound you desire, but more about the understanding of the equipment needed for your application,

any audiophile will gladly share information as it is a psssion and people do it because they love sound, and the way loud music makes you feel, thats why loud music is loved by most women because it makes the tingle

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

It's amazing that this country is in the crapper and people are still deviated into thinking about the toys they want rather than going out and helping others.

It's called disposable income, try it, you might like it.

The government gives out more than enough of my money on charity cases.
I don't need to give out any more.

Oh well, she's happy with it.

That's all that matters!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Well, after spending a better part of Saturday shopping around the local Car Stereo shops, I've come to a conclusion.

I need to make more money.

Anyway, we've found sound systems that range from $420 - $750.

JL Audio, Rockford F. are the main two.

I'm so torn. The wife really wants to get something installed before we leave for Myrtle Beach in 9 days.

I just can't see spending $400-500 on this. On the other hand, she loves her car and will be keeping it a long time, she definitely loves listening to music too, so.....

The $400 system sounds pretty good, it's the Rockford, two 12" subs, 600 watt Amp, with all wiring and complete intsallation.

I might go for that one.

I'll let you guys know.

Hello, I hope I'm not too late. This could save you a few coins...
Rather than upgrade speakers and have to tear everything apart to install them, think about getting yourself an amplified seven-band equalizer. There you can adjust which frequencies to ear. Get a four channel eq, 50 watts per channel. There you won't run the risk of blowing your decent factory speakers. Can you do the install yourself? I can help, internetently.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I gotta ask, is it fast? Because Im rolllin in a 01 bmw 325ci with like half an m3 conversion and I wanna get something faster. So do I go with american muscle(srt-8) or do I wait for an import delight namely the 370z nismo package coming out supposedly next year

Hello,
Being how you're in America, how about buying American!?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join