It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

She Wants It Louder.... I Need Help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So my wife bought this :

Had it about 2 weeks and she says to me..... "it's not loud enough", I said, "well you didn't get the Hemi, it's not going to be loud... "

She replies, "no silly... not the engine, the radio, I'd like a nice stereo system".

So, my question is...

If we left the factory stereo and speakers in place, could an amp be added and would it sound good?

or

Would the factory stereo handle an amp, if we upgraded the speakers?

or

Should we just get a new radio, amp and speakers?

also looking for suggestions on what to buy with a budget of $500 or less.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I wish I could answer your question buddy, but I just wanted to comment that DAYUM! your wife knows how to buy a sweet car!!!!
Completely awesome!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Did your wife choose the premium sound option when she bought it?

If she didn't, you can improve the system by installing the factory premium system.

Another thing to think of is if you want to ad an aftermarket amp, the deck will need the appropriate connections for it.

So theres a couple of things you can look at.

My advice would be to fit some good quality speakers first and go from there.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That pic is a little decieving... she didn't get the SRT with the Hemi.

Hers is base with one upgrade package.

the stereo isn't an upgrade.

I'm leaning towards, adding an amp, and small box to the existing system. We don't need it real loud, but a little more than it has now...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
That pic is a little deceiving...

As is the thread title... I have a sick mind :shk:

On topic though, installing the factory premium sounds like the best option, unless, of course, you already have it...

There's always Overhaulin'

Roswell.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, after spending a better part of Saturday shopping around the local Car Stereo shops, I've come to a conclusion.

I need to make more money.

Anyway, we've found sound systems that range from $420 - $750.

JL Audio, Rockford F. are the main two.

I'm so torn. The wife really wants to get something installed before we leave for Myrtle Beach in 9 days.

I just can't see spending $400-500 on this. On the other hand, she loves her car and will be keeping it a long time, she definitely loves listening to music too, so.....

The $400 system sounds pretty good, it's the Rockford, two 12" subs, 600 watt Amp, with all wiring and complete intsallation.

I might go for that one.

I'll let you guys know.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ok... we did it.

Two 12" Pioneer Subs
JL Audio 300 watt amplifier

installed last night, sounds pretty good.

The only thing is, it's only the amp and subs, that got louder, I couldn't spend 600-700 to get a bigger multi channel amp that would make the regular speakers louder or change out from the factory radio and add new speakers that would handle an amp.

Oh well, she's happywith it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
WOW!!!! I absolutely love that car!!! I love that the retro look is coming back. Now if they could only redo the chevy impala

Glad to hear you guys are all set, have fun in Myrtle beach!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

I would have liked the Impala come back over the Camaro...

Saweeet...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I am wondering how I will spend my last $200 I have to my name, and you crazy F&&K's are wondering how to get the most decibels out of your stereos so you can drive around looking cool.

It's amazing that this country is in the crapper and people are still deviated into thinking about the toys they want rather than going out and helping others.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

Hey, Sorry you're having a rough time, really I am.

I've been very fortuneate as of late, with a good job, the wife has a good job, our bills our paid and we work hard for our money.

So if we choose to spend a some money on the things we want / like, then so be it.

I really hope things look up for you soon, I honestly do.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I gotta ask, is it fast? Because Im rolllin in a 01 bmw 325ci with like half an m3 conversion and I wanna get something faster. So do I go with american muscle(srt-8) or do I wait for an import delight namely the 370z nismo package coming out supposedly next year

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by truttseeker

Her's only has the V-6. It's peppy.

I wanted the Hemi - she wanted the gas mileage. Oh well.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
I gotta ask, is it fast? Because Im rolllin in a 01 bmw 325ci with like half an m3 conversion and I wanna get something faster. So do I go with american muscle(srt-8) or do I wait for an import delight namely the 370z nismo package coming out supposedly next year

American muscle all the way. Unless you have the cash to get a GT-R that is. 370Z are great cars but for the money your options in the American muscle scene are much better in my opinion. I would go Camaro SS, better price, more power, and less weight (except the Mustang but you said you wanted something fast :how
than any of the competition everything you would want in a muscle car. Not to mention that new American muscle, unlike the cars of yesteryear, can actually take a turn now. The Camaro has a Nurburgring tuned suspension, which unlike its competition from Ford has an independent rear suspension. As far as all around performance goes i would say the Camaro is your best bet. That being said if you need something that can go fast and haul around the fam i would look at the Jeep Cheroke SRT8 all wheel drive mixed with the same 6.1 liter 425hp hemi you get in the other SRT8 models equals a 13 flat 1/4 mile monster that is actually faster than its mopar muscle CAR brothers at the drag strip. Amazing. I would love to have one of those. If your looking for a nice used project car to mod and go fast, 400hp GTOs are going for pocket change these days, same with WS6 T/As and LS1 SS Camaros....also check out 03-04 Mustang Cobras low 20's mid to high teens for a car that with very few mods can be in the 10's at the drag strip. The motor in that car is simply one of (if not the best) best performance motors put into any car in the last 30 years. They say that they can hold 800-1000 horsepower without ever removing the valve covers. This is a lot to be said coming from a GM guy, my drivers side-side view mirror actually says "Objects in mirror are Mustangs." Good luck deciding. By the way the OPs Challenger is one mean looking automobile, hope you like the new system and have fun in Myrtle Beach.

[edit on 19-5-2009 by The Loge]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Thread title...LOL was going to recommend a bullhorn.

That's a great looking car.
I used to go for the bells and whistles as far as Audio.
Now, what matters to me is super clean sound. So as long as you've got some decent power, you'll (she'll) enjoy it.
I've been looking to replace mine once the truck is paid off..(3 more payments woo!). Something with decent power, that also accepts a Thumbdrive loaded with MP3s would be cool.

Oh, and by the way, we've opted for an organic security system.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19dff317cd63.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well when i got my car, the speakers became much louder after i simply replaced the deck with a newer, more powerful one...

usually, the speakers are made to handle more than the stock deck can offer, and upgrading to a 50w deck, for example, can push them a little harder...

do you know what wattage the deck is already??

what about buying a deck, switching it out, and if it's not good enough you can always return it?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

he could always get this!

(some foul language..)

[edit on 19-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
El, this is what you needed to do in the first place....

You needed to replace the stock speakers for preium replacements.

You see, speakers are rated for efficency @ db/1watt/meter.

that means, how loud, in desibells, is the speaker with one watt of power at one meter distance.

Clearly, the higher the number, the louder it will be.

In a fully custom sound system, speaker are considered 50-60% of the budget...hint hint.

I know it's a bit late, but look up all thye sizes of speakers in SD's car.

Then, follow the ad's for speakers that exact size.

Remember, you are looking for the highest db rating you can find/afford.

Also, as you replace speaker, make sure you or the installer uses "dyna-mat" between the spekaer and it's mounting surface-yes, it matters.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
if your wife is an audiophile like me get "nakamichi" stuff,they offer excelent sound quality,either way buy nice brands like pioneer,clarion,mac.
ps..nakamichi's head units looks like s***.but theyr gooood.
your better off with a headunit that has a USB slot,not like me..i have a cd and in every hole in the ground the music goed *stop*........taanananan

[edit on 5-8-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
One more thing, if and I mean "IF" you are handy, you could replace all the 28 gague speaker wire with Monster cable car wire

www.monstercable.com...

Or

Monster cable speaker wire made for home systems, basicly

www.nextag.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join