It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is big - [IMAGE]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Awesome pics, thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
OH my...
imagine how many hours it would take to explore every house in your neighbourhood...
how many months it would take just to explore your city...
how many years it would take to explore your province/state/county/fylker...
how many lifetimes it would take to explore your country!!!
and then onto the other dozens of countries, histories as rich as yours!
not to mention underseas, the unexplored forests, the mountains...

there's already too much Im missing here guys the universe can wait

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That was great!!!!! But I like consept on MIB. The very end when they panned out and our whole universe was just a marble, a play thing to a whole nother "universe"

Also if that gaxaly was 13billion ly away and we are able to see in now is it still there?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkElvis

What you have said is very true. It would be small and absent minded to think that somewhere out there, there isn't another civilization or at the very least another conscious body. Statistically it is impossible that throughout the vastness of the universe that there isn't another lifeform or sentient being.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If the universe is so big, and God made that. Then I wonder how big God is...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You've lost it clearly. How far does light travel before it is pulled back by its own star? In other words, where it stops and returns. Then no light at all can get past a distance, and so we can't see the rest of the universe. How do we know other than our exploding universe that there isn't another ounce of gunpowder floating out there. For insignificence, how big would you be to be significent compared to an infinity. How is there a battle between good and evil? How do you make someone pure of heart watch as people are hurt? God is a jealous god, so why do we keep sharing what he wants us to have? By sharing technology and resources with poor countries, we are solving one generation's problems, but not solving the whole descendence. Descendence, how many years until our rational estimates of the end are here. And then put that into human generations, and tell me that those generations of Somalia or Iran being well treated and good hearted are worth less than one generation of keeping peoplke alive. The fight between good and evil is lost when you forget to give the victory to the victor. Then the significence again. How do stats and figures amount more than the value of one soul? It is like a number out of infinity. So we are a number out of infinity times infinity out of a number=one. The fight, just claim the rewards. You are one and whole. Do not care for the living for it is like giving a boy a fish instead of teaching him to fish, however a person can't do everything, so do your part instead. I'm getting off topic now so I'll stop.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join