It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran plans to send bigger satellite into space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Iran plans to send bigger satellite into space

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) – Iran plans to send a bigger satellite into space on a rocket with a range of up to 1,500 km (930 miles), President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Tuesday, in comments that may spark further Western concern.

The long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit could also be used to launch warheads, although Iran says it has no plans to do so.

"A rocket with a range of 700-1,500 km is scheduled to take a bigger satellite (than Omid) into space," Ahmadinejad w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Okay so here we go again
"Western Concerns"

How come the west cares the least about the west?

Any country can persue these projects if they want to, they don't need to ask anyone.

Allow me to put Ron Paul's video where he speaks on the same issue but for North Korea and explains excellently why the U.S. is going overboard.

Iran's chief nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili told Solana Tehran would welcome constructive dialogue with the six powers, media said on Monday, in the country's clearest signal yet it would accept the invitation for talks on the nuclear issue.

The New York Times reported on Monday that the Obama administration and its European allies were considering dropping a long-standing U.S. demand that Iran immediately shut down its nuclear facilities if it entered such talks.

Who is Obama to tell them to shut down their facilities?

This is ridiculous, allow countries to have sovereignty!
Anything else will just cause more tension.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

It seems that only you could turn some positive developments into a anti-American smear thread.

I'm all for the talks and I'm glad the US is backing down, Now maybe the ME can calm down so we all can get back work and deal with some real issues

Starvation, Overpopulation, the destruction of the environment, The global economy being in the toilet.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
... western concerns...

Who cares.
Launch the satellite, if they can't deal with the fact that you're advancing technologically, let them cry on each others shoulders.

We here in the western world need to lean to quit being so damned paranoid.

I swear the next news article is going to read :

Western paranoia of world rising amidst growing world distaste for western paranoia. West steps up mass production of nuclear arsenal. Runs out of storage space.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
It seems that only you could turn some positive developments into a anti-American smear thread.

The Obama administration, Bush administration, or Clinton administration are not America friend.

I'm pro-people!
There's a difference if you haven't noticed

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The long-range ballistic technology used to put satellites into orbit could also be used to launch warheads, although Iran says it has no plans to do so.

I love it when they parrot this tripe.

A satellite payload and a warhead payload are two entirely different things.

Launching a 1 ton scrapyard into Low-Earth Orbit is nothing. Anyone can do that. All you need is rocket fuel, a TEL or stationary pad from which to launch and a telemetry station on the ground to capture signals from the satellite.

Comparing that to having the necessary guidance satellites to relay geometrical and terminal data back to fire control stations on the ground to guide a ballistic missile with a nuclear warhead accurately to it's target is ridiculous.

It's like saying: I have a zippo lighter!
I can now set fire to a high-rise building!

Yes you could potentially, but without any catalyst or aid to accelerate that, the lighter alone cannot in all likelihood accomplish that.

Iran's ballistic missiles have the range to at least hit Israel. There's no denying that. And they do have the capacity to mount MIRVs or conventional warheads as well.

What Iran does not have are the ACTUAL warheads themselves and the necessary support and guidance mechanisms to accurately fire them at a target.

[edit on 14/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Iran's ballistic missiles have the range to at least hit Israel. There's no denying that. And they do have the capacity to mount MIRVs or conventional warheads as well.

What Iran does not have are the ACTUAL warheads and the necessary support and guidance mechanisms to accurately fire at a target.

Oh boy I'm sure the world just can't wait for that day.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh boy I'm sure the world just can't wait for that day.

You better find something comfortable in sit in then, because you're gonna be waiting one heck of a long time.

Without fast-neutron reactors, zippe-type centrifuges or heavy-water reactors Iran is not going be able to sufficiently enrich Uranium or reprocess plutonium for weaponization.

Rabid paranoia prevails again...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Without fast-neutron reactors, zippe-type centrifuges or heavy-water reactors Iran is not going be able to sufficiently enrich Uranium or reprocess plutonium for weaponization.

Rabid paranoia prevails again...

Naw they wont waste the time or energy when they can purchase all they need from North Korea real cheap. N Korea can use the cash.

Ignorance dominates

[edit on 14-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Again, when has N. Korea successfully demonstrated fission?
(And don't reference their so-called Nuclear test, which was just a simulated blast consisting of 1 kiloton of TNT, to make themselves out to be more potent than they ever will be)

All N. Korea has sold them so far is technology they already had, and very poor technology at that too.

Why would they go to N. Korea for dodgy Chinese centrifuges and light-water reactors when Russia will provide far better ones to them?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think we should send an even bigger satellite up. The biggest one ever. Then they will know that we have a bigger one than they do. Then we can run around and tell the rest of the world that ours is bigger than theirs.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Naw they wont waste the time or energy when they can purchase all they need from North Korea real cheap. N Korea can use the cash.

Ignorance dominates

North Korea?!

You really believe this?

North Korea has failed to successfully test their warheads.
They also screw up their rocket tests.

You're afraid of Iran buying nukes from North Korea?

What's there to be afraid of? A dud warhead sitting on a rocket that won't launch?

And just how many nukes do you think North Korea has?
I remember the first one they made, they tested unsuccessfully... and have been having troubles finding materials since.

Exactly where are the nukes they could sell?

Israel has nukes.
Israel has said they might use them.
Israel is known to sell their weapons to other countries.

ISRAEL needs to be dealt with.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Why would they go to N. Korea for dodgy Chinese centrifuges and light-water reactors when Russia will provide far better ones to them?

That is a more positive scenario?

If Tehran wants to develop a nuclear strike capability do you honestly believe they would make it public knowledge? Whose to say they have not already taken steps in that direction?

And can you honestly say that launching rockets into orbit is not also a testing of delivering nukes? Why would that be so hard to believe?

That is exactly how the US, Soviets and Chinese did it, so why not Iran and N Korea? Why is that so impossible to believe?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Technical aspects aside... (which are only going to derail this thread faster than an Indian train)

Why is that so impossible to believe?

Precedent.

Iraq was invaded on alleged WMD program Intel so far off the mark, the only explanation possible was that it was fabricated.

Seymour Hersh broke the story in 2006 (Google to your heart's content) of how Dick Cheney wanted to use false-flag attacks to initiate a war with Iran, by dressing up Navy SEALs as Iranian Naval officers on fake Iranian gunboats, and have them pretend to attack US destroyers.

The IAEA said time and time again, there is little substantiated reason to suspect Iran's nuclear enrichment program, save for imaginative "what-if" scenarios: See here and here.

Now we're to believe Iran is developing it's own Nuclear weapons programme.

I cannot in good conscience accept that as fact after the fallacy within the fallacy we were told by both the previous administration and the current one.

Iran's defensive and defiant position on this issue, which some take as a "clear indication" of an aggressively determined agenda to disregard the International community's wishes and proceed ahead with a secret Nuclear programme, I see as a product of the circumstances they are in:

And of the long history of Western meddling in their affairs.
From the overthrow of President Mossadegh, the reign of the American-installed Shah, and the downing of Iran Air Flight 655...

They have been given little reason to trust anything the UN or US say.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Precedent.

Iraq was invaded on alleged WMD program Intel so far off the mark, the only explanation possible was that it was fabricated.

OK Who let the pessimist into the house?

Whose talking about invasion either?

I'm against the global spread of nukes and for the world wide reduction of said weapons.

Edit to add yeah I've seen this bit of propaganda before let me ask you a question can you name the supposed "bases" we have in all those countries?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
NK's satelite issue just ended...and now this. It seems that everyone wants to send things in space one after another ..and lately those countries are the ones who keep repeating how they will continue their nuclear activities.
The single problem with this is that with all these threats and shenanigans , something will happen sooner or later and someone will be blamed.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Edit to add yeah I've seen this bit of propaganda before let me ask you a question can you name the supposed "bases" we have in all those countries?

lol this is not propoganda haha
you can find all of this information on the DOD(dept. of defense)'s website.

There are over 800 military bases in over 140 countries and that does NOT include Iraq, so it should be about 1000 bases.

Often the IMF lends money for projects but force the country to allow their contractors to do the job, they do a horrible job everything breaks down but the country still owes money. Then they say ok you can't pay us right now, let us set up a military bases then.
Other times they just do it by force, or install it in a country where there is a puppet govt.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Watch the Ron Paul video I posted
it should clarify things for you

Countries can do what they want, it's not illegal

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Thanks for ignoring the entirety of my post as you usually do and reducing this to a mind-numbing game of "Fraid Not, Fraid So".

It disproves your opinion hence= "Propaganda".

Azerbaijan= NATO Multinational Facility/Missile Base, Baku (see here and here)
Turkey= Incirlik Airbase
Iraq= Baghdad Green Zone/Al Taqqadum Airbase
Kuwait= Camp Arifjan (see here)
Qatar= Doha International Airbase/Camp Snoopy (see here)
Oman= Thumrait Airbase (see here)
Pakistan= PAF Base (Joint Pakistani-American Airbase), Lahore
Afghanistan= Bagram Airbase
Turkmenistan= Mary Airbase/Camp Kushka/Camp Takhta-Bazar (See here)
Uzbekistan= Circhik Airbase/Tuzel Airbase/Kagayty Airbase (see here)

Also, a proposed base for Kyrgyzstan: here

Again the limitations of your knowledge espouse your lack of intimacy with the United States military and their true agenda.

'Nuff Said here.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Azerbaijan= NATO Multinational Facility/Missile Base, Baku (see here and here)

azerbaijan-asks-the-us-to-establish-military-base

Turkey= Incirlik Airbase Part of NATO

Qatar= Doha International Airbase/Camp Snoopy (see here)

Pakistan= PAF Base (Joint Pakistani-American Airbase), Lahore
Afghanistan= Bagram Airbase

Also, a proposed base for Kyrgyzstan: here

I see lots of multinational and international and Nato facilities and one "Proposed" Location So this is the proof of the Evil Americans trying to conquer the world?

That's it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join