It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to probe 'woman assault' (at G20)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Off course the Police officer in question will try and explain his actions and cover this up. I am glad that he has been suspended, pending further enquiries.

Maybe now the police will realise they are not the law, but are there to enforce the law, without being violent about it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thats fantastic news...arrogant idiot he is..you can just see by his demeanour that he was looking for trouble...and like the coward and bully he is ..he just walks off and watches from behind. Lets hope he gets the sack and not just suspended for a short while.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Although I doubt many "ordinary Joe's" will find themselves in the middle of hundreds of angry protesters aiming their grief towards him, so I'm not sure that it is easily comparable to this situation.

So Mr Tomlinson, was not some ordinary joe? Who was just passing the police and was assaulted without provocation. The police is there to enforce the law, not to act like judge and jury, on citizens off this country who has a right to demonstrate, wiether some agree with it or not.

Breaking News:

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has asked Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Constabulary to review policing tactics.

Police begin G20 tactics review

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'd love to hear what the idiots who defended the Police the first time around have to say about this....

Combined with hitting women, shoving innocent men to the floor and beating up peaceful demonstrators the police have got a hell of a lot to answer for, what a bunch of thugs.

These bastards deserve trouble at the May day protests, i hope the police get what's coming to them... People haven't forgotten the bean fields, the miners strikes or the poll tax riots.

Scum.

And I hope you get whats coming to you!
To wish injury to ordinary people, alot of whom joined the police because they wanted to help improve their community and then for you to hope they get whats coming to them because of the actions of a few who don't represent the majority stood in them lines is quite frankly disgusting.

My aunt was a police officer and was held at gun point for 6 hours by a drug dealer, her co-worker was shot dead and my Aunt now suffers from panic attacks. Did they get what was coming to them? People forget the rest of the work police officers do and knit pick a whole organisation based on the actions of two people. Having spoken to other police officers they've told me they hope them two cops are fired because they found their actions as unreasonable and discusting as the rest of us.

Mr Lizard I think you'll find it is you who is the scum.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I also like the medias agenda setting, There were large protests in Luton yesterday with upto 300 members of the national front waging full scale riots with the police and trying to get after any muslims they could find.....googled it....not one article.....guess the media are on the anti police bandwagon at the minute with everyone else.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Get off your high horse onetruesaxon, seriously...

I wasn't referring to your auntie or any of the decent plod, i was referring to all the cowardly bastards who hide behind their badges and shield and truncheons, using the protests as an excuse to attack innocent people... on the DAY of the G20 (aswell as the other filth who use things like this to vent their rage on ordinary people)... did you not read my post?

Sorry to hear about your auntie by the way.... Hope she recovers.

Yours truly,

Mr Lizard aka scum.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by onetruesaxon
I also like the medias agenda setting, There were large protests in Luton yesterday with upto 300 members of the national front waging full scale riots with the police and trying to get after any muslims they could find.....googled it....not one article.....guess the media are on the anti police bandwagon at the minute with everyone else.
I didn't even hear of this protest, and i only live 5 mnutes down the road!! (a quick search on youtube throws up a few videos on it, with obligatory vile views in the comments) Didn't see any footage with trouble in though, but with the NF, it wouldn't supprise me, you can hardly compare them to ordinary fluffy protesters.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

exactly. From speaking to coppers who were on the PSU there they had ongoing battles lasting four hours. I wonder if the sudden media attention back to the police and the G20 summits is anything to do with the BBC and the labour party trying to deflect the attention from their own recent misdemeanors. The BBC seem to be all over this story as do various Labour MP's

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
From what I see here the woman is shouting some profanity and acting in a semi-aggressive / provoking manner.
The man has been told that he could not exit.

You comply or you die, simple as that.

Of course there were alternative ways to handle the situation.

But it's not as if these were peaceful law-abiding citizens that were not harrassing the police in any way, that just got smacked for no reason at all.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
apologists for police brutality, sounds good doesnt it? maybe you should all start an organization and arrange "peacefull" protests in central london and then when you get hit with battons and kettled for no apparent reason you can phone the police and complain about it, then come here and make a thread about it.

How can people make excuses for the police brutality? its plain to see on the video. NOTHING gives ANYONE the right to hit a woman or push a man with his hands in his pockets just a shame these thugs get into positions of power, im so happy there are too many people for the police to even dream of taking camera's away because they would if they could.

Does anybody know where the next protests will be? because i will be there with a camera

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
From what I see here the woman is shouting some profanity and acting in a semi-aggressive / provoking manner.
The man has been told that he could not exit.

You comply or you die, simple as that.

Why couldn't he exit ? Stopping him amounts to illegal detention and against article 5 of the human rights act . Not to mention the people entrapped within the kettle having to urinate and deficate on the streets. It amounts to a health hazard .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join