It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police to probe 'woman assault' (at G20)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Police to probe 'woman assault' (at G20)

news.bbc.co.uk

The Metropolitan Police said video footage on YouTube which appears to show an officer hitting a woman during the G20 protests would be examined.

The footage shows the woman swearing at a police officer who then appears to hit her in the face.

The officer also apparently strikes the woman on the leg with his baton.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission said it had received a number of complaints about the action of officers at the protests in London.

A statement from the Met said: "The apparent actions of this officer raise immediate concerns.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is nice to see, another case brought to light from the people there who were there, trying to make sure that the police get made accountable.

It's a disgusting video, this guy absolutly towers over the poor lass. And yes, she does go over to him first, after he pushes the black guy over. But that's what we need, people to stand up to the police. there was no need to hit her in the face, and then crack her round the legs with a baton. He could have restrained her if he felt threatened quite easily. He's a trained police officer. But you can blatently see that he is gagging for it.

Here's the full length video
www.youtube.com...
And here's the edited version
www.youtube.com...

(notice how it's peaceful until they push that dude around)

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You know what would solve this?

People packing in bottles of lighter fluid that they can spray from a distance...

Squirt guns full of '___'

Maybe some blow darts?

I dunno...

But you would think that protesters would be better armed.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Protests are supposed to be peaceful. Our best weapon is the camera. As the camera never lies. if we don't start it, then we can't be blamed for it. (well, the media will try and twist it, but...) And at the very least, we gain the moral high ground. Good will triumph in the end. But there's gonna be a few more broken bones and sore heads, and sadly probably a few more deaths. But for some strange reason, I have faith in good. Good is better than evil (well duh
) so it has to win. TV told me it would!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well I got to say that woman (the short one in question) did ask for that, her actions seemed deliberate and forced the police to act - she was a ring leader... A crowd like that could turn very nasty very quickly -

I would say that copper was on the limit of how he should of acted - but the crowd did suddenly start behaving better after he took her leg out... And that would probably of been the back of her knee, not a very serious strike - she would of been in danger if that crowd charged foward though.

Edit: This is no way near in the league of the cop who shoved that newspaper guy.. that one was totally unprovoked... What I'm try to say is picl the examples carefully, some could be counter productive.

[edit on 14/4/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I cant believe anybody can say that woman deserved what she got. Exactly what was she doing except ask him a question? And from what I can gather from the video it was about his behaviour to another woman. He probably is so big and clever he decided to pick out 2 women to abuse that day. He needs to be brought to justice for this.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

How did she provoke a violent response from the officer? I saw her saying something, then I saw her go up and question him some more, pointing. This is normally what a person would do! Where did the idea come from that she was some kind of ring leader? It looked from the video that she had witnessed some unnecessary behavior and violence on part of officers, and was assertive and questioning. This is how we all should be. Also, when he hit her, it was completely unwarranted. But when he used his baton, he was responding to the crowd's anger. Also, there was a strange reaction from the other officer's, like they didn't really approve and were shocked.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Well I got to say that woman (the short one in question) did ask for that, her actions seemed deliberate and forced the police to act - she was a ring leader... A crowd like that could turn very nasty very quickly -

I would say that copper was on the limit of how he should of acted - but the crowd did suddenly start behaving better after he took her leg out... And that would probably of been the back of her knee, not a very serious strike - she would of been in danger if that crowd charged foward though.

You sound like the commanding officer of the thug involved, because thats all he is. If you truly believe that hitting a woman with a leather gauntlet on the face before using a baton on her legs is justifiable because it made the rest of the crowd behave you are a lost cause.

In my opinion he did it to cause a riot. He hoped that others would react then he could truly use his gestapo tactics. I also have to admit, had I been there and saw his actions I would probably have taken him out (trained to do so) and been hospitalised or even murdered for my efforts.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sueloujo
I cant believe anybody can say that woman deserved what she got. Exactly what was she doing except ask him a question? And from what I can gather from the video it was about his behaviour to another woman. He probably is so big and clever he decided to pick out 2 women to abuse that day. He needs to be brought to justice for this.

Perhaps she was objecting to the unprovoked attack on the lone black man. It looked to me that black guy was like a red rag to a bull. That officer couldn't help himself when the black guy walked passed and just had to knock the black guys belongings from his hands. A second officer stepped forward and pushed the black guy for good measure.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Shes shouting at the copper because the police assault another man who wants to get something to eat .Watch the full video.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11
Shes shouting at the copper because the police assault another man who wants to get something to eat .Watch the full video.

Is eating against the law? For what reason can the police refuse someone from leaving a lawful demonstration and get something to eat? How is the restriction enforced by knocking someone's belongings onto the ground?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'd love to hear what the idiots who defended the Police the first time around have to say about this....

Combined with hitting women, shoving innocent men to the floor and beating up peaceful demonstrators the police have got a hell of a lot to answer for, what a bunch of thugs.

These bastards deserve trouble at the May day protests, i hope the police get what's coming to them... People haven't forgotten the bean fields, the miners strikes or the poll tax riots.

Scum.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I may have only been 7 or 8 at the time, but I can remember seeing the battle of the beanfield on the news (well, what was allowed to be shown) But I've read up alot on it since, and I'll never forget it. And they should never be allowed to forget it either.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Just watched the full video, and the officer who hit the woman, seems to be prowling up and down the line of Police looking for trouble, or am I just seeing things. Was he the only officer wearing the gauntlets as well, ni=oticed they had a green mark on the right elbow protector?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Absolutely disgusting behaviour, the only provocation came from the police - as the evidence clearly shows the legal protest was very peaceful. I'm sick to death of this, even my mother (who's very conservative) was complaining how we live in a police state and that's amazing coming from her.

I'll be there in May, no question.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by INQUISITION11

I watched the full video and she is complaining because he pushed another woman off camera. You can hear here say it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fasrind
Just watched the full video, and the officer who hit the woman, seems to be prowling up and down the line of Police looking for trouble, or am I just seeing things. Was he the only officer wearing the gauntlets as well, ni=oticed they had a green mark on the right elbow protector?

I agree and he is the only officer to have his numbers covered.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I have just popped over to the police forum to check out what there comments were on this new issue and notice that they have now blocked the news area of the forum from public access due to their nazi-g20 posts inc usernames being printed in the press.
Seems like they have started to cover their tracks already.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Oficer AB 42 has been suspended (there's a picture floating about where he has his numbers on display) edit- you can see it here fitwatch.blogspot.com...

Fantastic, the people are the media. It gets results.

[edit on 15/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
I dunno...

But you would think that protesters would be better armed.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Why?

Has the police state finally become so overbearing and assaultive that we must weaponize our protest efforts ?

Yes, it has... So what is the point of protesting?

Would it not be more suitable to begin exercising other methodologies insofar as the defense and support of a Constitutional State of Governance?

The efficacy of protest has been greatly reduced.

*Next time I manage a protest - It will be guarded by the local militia..

...Unlike the federal paramilitaries sent out to suppress the protest, the militiamen won't be wearing masks, and will have name tags ;-)

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join