It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: North Korea to quit nuclear talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Report: North Korea to quit nuclear talks

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- North Korea's foreign ministry said the country will quit talks aimed at disarming the country of nuclear weapons and strengthen nuclear capabilities, state-run media reported Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
North Korea is really rockin' the boat here?

This could really be interesting, how long do you think this will go on for before a UN country uses any kind of military force or preemptive strike?

I think this could be the start of something big here. . .

China, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the United states of something to come together for.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yup haven't you heard it's yet another massive CIA/American plot.

They have been walking out on these 6 party negotiations for years.

Negotiators are reported to have had heated exchanges on the sixth day of six-party talks in Beijing on North Korea's nuclear weapons programme.

North Korea: Six-Party Talks Continue

Amidst concern about North Korea's nuclear weapons program the six-party talks, stalled since June 2004, resumed on Tuesday in Beijing, China. Diplomats from the U.S., China, Japan, Russia and South Korea are meeting with representatives from North Korea to discuss eliminating nuclear weapons from the Korean peninsula. The U.S., South Korea and their allies have offered to provide energy and possible economic assistance if North Korea agrees to halt its nuclear weapons program.

Since August 2003, members of the Six-Party Talks have convened in Beijing for several rounds of negotiations aimed at curbing North Korea’s nuclear program. The summits resulted in a September 2005 agreement in which Pyongyang agreed to abandon its quest to become a nuclear power. Yet North Korea joined the nuclear club when it conducted an underground test in October 2006. And diplomatic standoffs among individual Six-Party member states—particularly between the United States and North Korea—constantly threaten to derail the Six-Party process.

In an announcement that shocked the world, Washington said on 16 October 2002 that North Korea had admitted to secretly developing uranium enrichment technology for nuclear weapons, in violation of the 1994 agreement with the US.

Six-Party Talks

Six-Party Talks

The Six-Party Talks concerning the DPRK’s nuclear program involve the United States, North Korea, China, Japan, Russia and, South Korea. However, the primary players are the US and North Korea. The US has requested the involvement of the other four nations to deny North Korea of its desire to participate in bilateral negotiations with the US. The US is unwilling to participate in bilateral negotiations, citing North Korea’s breach of the 1994 Framework Agreement.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
u mean

war

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
they will use any excuse possible to get into a Third World War. it's been on there agenda and as of lately they have been strongly taking bigger and bigger steps towards it

i mean North Korea has done this before so why the big deal now?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Darth_Prime]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow man props for pulling up that info, I didn't even realize those talks go back that far.

Interesting, I wonder how one sided the media facts being reported for this story are?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wow man props for pulling up that info, I didn't even realize those talks go back that far.

Interesting, I wonder how one sided the media facts being reported for this story are?

the media is only "one" sided, it's owned and controlled by the NWO, and they use to it push whatever they want on there agenda

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Nah trust me no one wants any of north korea. Say what you want about Kim, but those north koreans love and adore the man, its really crazy. You will fight to the death and beyond for something you love.

Let's not forget that we never won the korean war (its still ongoing) previously to his rise to power (it was his pops). AND let's not forget that they have the 2nd largest army in the world! Say what you want about how the military is outfitted (no one really knows) and they rock taekwondo (not the watered down money grabbing martial art in america) like fitteds in the hood. That is why the UN always wants to go the diplomatic route...your not going to beat the koreans in their own back yard..period.

The only option the UN has outside of military actions are sanctions and they don't work except to starve the country and people. You want to help north korea, then accept that it's run by a dictator and respond appropriately rather than giving them the red headed step child treatment.

China is run by a communist party which is supposedly everything we stand against yet we tolerate them because of their cheap labor and their army, china has the largest standing army in the world, and we all know China stays ready for freddy.

I bet negations would go alot smoother is north korea was seen as a legit..which it is. It is still around and Kim is STILL in power even with the massive sanctions leveled against it, they define hard.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
LOL... there'll be no war. If the North Koreans are good at anything, it's gamesmanship. The UN has no authority whatsoever and is considered a joke by anyone who wants their way (and that includes the US.) After the NK rocket/missile launch, the United States proved that they are just as easily pushed and bullied as they always have been. North Korea wants/needs only one thing... cash. The only way they're going to get it is by continuing their nuclear program. They'll get cash by either selling their tech to Pakistan/Iran/etc. or as a bargaining chip to use against S. Korea/Japan/US/etc. Either way, that program will get them paid. Just like an abused girlfriend, we fall for the same crap from them over and over again. The NK leadership (and probably the Chinese as well) must laugh and laugh.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

China isn't communist..please stop saying that.And why is it something we are *supposedly* all against..one mans bad political ideaology is anothers mans great ideaology.As for this,its N.Korea,they want something..happens all the time.Just give them what they want,another couple of years pass they spit rhetoric..walk away from negotiations rinse and repeat.And i might add,they dont all love lil kim,why do you think so many try to flee into south korea via China?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Geez guys the older thread is still on the first page:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

China IS a communist country. They call it authoritative communism. Here is the link for your pleasure Chine Communist Party . Hope this answers some of your questions..

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
another interesting side note

as far as i know, North Korea is one of 5 nations who don't have a Rothschild owned bank...YET

top topics

join