It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Not all Texans were for Bush. Hell, many in my family cursed him as a daily routine. Likewise, not all people like PERRY. I wouldn't vote for him period.

He is an opportunist and is only looking for his next golden ticket.

Can't wait for him to lose.

I voted for bush in 2000 because I thought he was the lesser of two evils.
I think I was wrong. I began cursing him before he was even inaugurated. The whole Florida vote thing just made me sick. After 4 years of cursing, I voted against him in 2004.

After 4 more years of cursing, I voted 3rd party and against the incumbent when possible. Just because I felt the need to utilize my vote, although I felt nobody on the ballot deserved my vote.

From now on my vote will be used to try and vote people out of office rather than into office.

I never have voted for Perry and I never will.

I voted for Kinky!

God bless Texas.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by TruthMagnet

I laughed out loud for the first time ever in my life reading a post when I read your first lines.

I really believe there's a good chance that a Dem. can do it. I'm conservative but can't see a "pretty boy" and a shill doin' Texas justice. (I was channeling Ann and Molly together there.) Prob'ly Hispanic. Molly would be proud!

My only interest in this thread at all is the topic, not the source:
Texas will call its own shots if the Feds don't watch out!

Taking it a step further, Texas should move out if the crazies in D.C. start to cost her her identity.

jw

s4u

Yeah - well - Molly Ivins was one of the first influences I ever had when I got interested in Politics as a kid - her column being published in the Sun. Texas paper and all - one of the only voices of reason in a sea of ignorance that was Texas Politics imho...

It was she that alerted me to the vapid nature of Kay Bailey - who believed that "endangered animals should just be moved to Zoo's!"

And to Kay's early career as a suck up journalist - who would make even modern Faux News reporters blush...

Kay is the epitome of all that is wrong and bad and ignorant in Texas - she practically is the living embodiment of Dallas - all apearance over substance - lacking in any depth or character.

If we could just excise her and her ilk - Texas would be a paradise on Earth - but unfortunately Texas will always have her kind in the wings - waiting to sell out their fellow man at a moments notice... And maybe that's why Texas also has so many Heroes - to balance it out - who REFUSE to comprimise what is good and righteous in us all!

I do miss Molly's insightful and always humorous take on the world - I know she's still doing her commentary in Heaven now - maybe when I get there I can catch up on her column!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Why is it that so many people are trying to link a reaffirmation of sovereignty over the powers not delegated to the Federal government by the Constitution, per the 10th Amendment, as call for secession?

I'll go ahead and answer that question myself. I have to assume that it is because they have not read HCR 50, and are therefore unqualified to make such serious accusations.
Read the amendments made to it before it was passed by the Texas House:

"WHEREAS, Each Member of the Legislature feels great pride in being
citizens of the United States of America, which includes the rights of citizens to petition their government for redress of grievances; and,

WHEREAS, All Texans have benefited from this State s’ participation in the
unique experience in democracy that first began on a field in Lexington,
Massachusetts, and called The United States of America; and

WHEREAS, Countless Texans have served in the Armed Forces of the
United States with the brave sons and daughters of all our sister States to protect our State, our Nation, our Union, and many of them gave the last full measure of devotion by offering their lives to preserve that Union; and

WHEREAS, Each Member of the Legislature has sworn a solemn oath to
defend our National Union; and
WHEREAS, Each day, millions of Texans assemble in churches, synagogues, schools, arenas, fields, and homes to pledge allegiance to the Flag of
the United States of America and the one nation, indivisible, for which that Flag stands; and".

"RESOLVED, by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring, That
the 81st Legislature of the State of Texas reaffirms the pride of all Texans in both our one and indivisible National Union and in our one and indivisible State and the common heritage of both; and, be it further
(5) Strike the last resolving clause and substitute:

RESOLVED, that the Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives is
directed to send a copy of this Resolution to the Senators and Representatives of Texas in Congress with the request that this resolution be officially entered in the Congressional Record as a memorial to the Congress of the United States of America; and, be it further
RESOLVED, That the Chief Clerk of the House of Representatives is
directed to send a copy of this Resolution to the President of the United States of America, the Vice President of the United States of America, the Speaker of the House of Representatives of the United States of America, and to the governor of each sister State as an expression of the affection of the people of Texas for our one National and Indivisible Union."

Our problem is not with the Union, but with the federal government.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodWolf762
reply to post by Witness2008

Our problem is not with the Union, but with the federal government.

The Union only really exists through the form of the Federal government. In order to escape the influence of the federal government, withdrawal from the "Union" is necessary.

The only alternative is if enough of the United States worked together to whittle down the Federal to a manageable size. That is not happening due to State politicians and Fed politicians being funded by the very same entities.

The states will not save us.
The States can withdraw if they are serious about maintaining sovereignty.

We the people are on our own.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i too doubt that feds shall permit to Texas or to whatever another state to get sovereignty
any persons, groups for shall face big troubles from special agencies of feds -- it will be hidden war w\o any mercy along first stage. second stage, is Civilian War, can be only with condition of big Natural Disasters will be actualized.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
We Texans need to secede! It is time to not tolerate intolerance, with Obama's ever more infringement of states rights is becoming more and more visible that the Fed is becoming too powerful to control itself. I need to watch Jericho... I haven't watched a lot of TV as of late. Texas can support itself one reason Texas has done well for itself is for one reason: Oil... nuff said Texas controls production of 1/3rd of the US's oil, Texas is energy independent that to this day none of Texas' grids are part of any other state nor do we share our energy. If one day Texas is to leave the Union, you can count on her taking Oklahoma with her maybe Louisiana because of her close ties to the state since Katrina. Texas would have no problem controlling her borders and no problem dealing with the so called illegal immigrant problem... really if you look back at Rick Perry's statement when asked about if he'd back legislation like the legislation passed in Arizona he did not infer that he would make any move... Because Texas' economy is still booming and the illegals DO pay taxes through the sales tax! ha! Texas was smart about that.. no state tax... through the sales tax all public services are funded. No worries though about our state militia... We have the Texas State Guard where the Governor serves as Commander in Chief (you can check this fact) and have all branches... Army, Navy, and AirForce. Texas does not need to flex it's military muscle and yes must conduct itself properly while processing out of the Union unlike S. Carolina prior to the Civil War... Britain almost helped the South!

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Would someone explain all this to me?

The United States was intended to be a Confederacy, meaning that every state was essentially it's own "country" but one single Federal system would regulate the Union. Effectively, it was supposed to be quite similar to the EU (though with much less regulation) .. Hence why every State actually has to have (it's mandatory) it's own established Government and it's own signed Constitution. Very few people know their own state even has a Constitution.

How significant is this?

The last Civil War was fought over States Rights, hence the rebels were a "Confederacy" ..... because that's what we were supposed to be until the Federalist expanded into areas where once States had the right to choose. After the Civil War "States Rights" has been essentially destroyed. Before you were a Virginian, New Yorker, Ohioan etc first, American second.

20+ years before the Civil War state Government were creating legislation much like this.

Is it just a political move?

Everything is Political.

I think it's hopefully a friendly reminder to the Federal Government: We will one day have to be reckoned with, so watch how hard you shove us around

What's the quote... something like "If you kick your dog it will eventually bite you"

There are people very serious about their dislike towards the Feds.. and there are even more that could easily be persuaded against the Feds with just one small move.

Personally, I hypothesize the sentiment will only get stronger Jan 1st as Obama's new taxes go into effect.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Absolutely, Well if you get a chance look up that Russian that says he predicts the Union to begin dissolving by this years end

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndepTexanRepublic
Absolutely, Well if you get a chance look up that Russian that says he predicts the Union to begin dissolving by this years end

predictions, what i heard, were based upon wrong ideas.
Civil War can run only with weak health of special agencies.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join