It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I think he'd rather be President of the Republic of Texas than a congressman under a Clinton or 2nd Obama administration.

I respectfully disagree. Texas isn't going to do anything. Texas is just like every other states with too many people dependent on big brother. Also, do you really think Americans are going to change their present condition for a totally unknown scenario? Change is a big fear factor.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
New Hampshire’s move was the boldest. States all over have been doing the same. All have been voted down by Dems. It looks like down the line party voting.

If you have actually read the bills you would see that these moves by states all over are exactly what the doctor ordered.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That's an important point. Rarely spoken though quite true. The more govt. dependents there are in a society, the less resistance there is to the Tyranny of Big Brother with the wallet of the 'people'. He feeds the masses with their taxes and poisons them with his corporate lynchmen.

Just another NWO caracateur.

America Grows more dependent on Uncle Sam by NWO design.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
LOL sorry I just have to laugh at some of you ..at how gullible some of you can be when it comes to Politics .....

I live in Texas ...and Perry is not well liked here in our area (Dallas Ft Worth)
The news even gets upset with him because he wont do interviews at all ..he snubs them like he is too good to talk with THE PEOPLE who voted him in .
He was all for Bush and everything they did in helping to INVADE our private lives after Sept 11 ..dont let him kid you .........he is also a main driving force for the transatlantic highway and had no problem yelling that in the media that he will use eminent domain on whoever refuses to move off the path where he wants to build it ....(so who is he kidding about Mexico ) .....he told the people of Texas that he was going to go through with that highway even if people did not want it ...it is a done deal he says ......
Maybe he is trying to get support to be the next Republican President of the US .
I always wondered why he wasnt chosen to go against Obama ...he would have been perfect for the Republican party to get votes .....(they love him as much as they did Bush ) .............
Maybe he was being saved for this event ...an uprising of major proportions ..stirring up a bunch of angry republican democratic hating gun toting patriotic Texans ....Dont forget what the Bilderburgs or Illuminati are so good at doing ....PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION ......

I think Perry is a nice looking man on the outside (LOL) but I wouldnt trust him one bit .

This is not what it appears to be ..dont be fooled and get all caught up in it
I think you will regret the outcome if you do ......

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Remember Rick Perry is a Bilderberger.

He is a OneWorldGovernment guy.

This public bit of theatre on his part is simply to get some good footage to use in his future campaign against Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison for Texas Governor.

I'm not a Texan but I have children who live in Texas so I pay attention to what goes on in beautiful Texas.

Rick Parry a.k.a. Governor Zoolander or Governor HairProduct is just another bit part actor in the grand Bilderberger play. And his supporting this resolution cost him nothing.

But kudos to the real Texans who support this bill.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by jdub297

I think he'd rather be President of the Republic of Texas than a congressman under a Clinton or 2nd Obama administration.

I respectfully disagree. Texas isn't going to do anything. Texas is just like every other states with too many people dependent on big brother. Also, do you really think Americans are going to change their present condition for a totally unknown scenario? Change is a big fear factor.

I respectfully disagree with you. All my Texas friends are even talking about wanting to succeed from the Union on Facebook even. These are all normal people who have no idea about places like ATS. For the most part people here understand the concept of lower taxes equals more spending money for a more prosperous economy. As well we love our civil liberties and our guns.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

How would anarchy in Mexico factor into this?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 15-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Whether it is Rick Perry or Rick Doe...the States have the right to stop the Feds from controlling there Lives..it is out of control..people have had enough..and for those who are happy with the wefare america..just all of you move to a corner of the US and pay for it all..

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I lived in the land of toll roads, forced immunizations, forced allegiance (through the schools). There are cameras everywhere. Texas has the highest incarceration and execution rate in the world. Texas is a prison state. This is nothing more than a handful of corrupt politicians and a few gun enthusiast distraught over a black man being president.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

That is utterly ridiculous. I, like everyone else had hoped Obama was going to do what he had promised but instead he decided to carry on with the white president before him and in some cases take Bushes policies even further.

I could care less if he is black or not. Land of toll roads???? I take it you don't travel much.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just found this ....they really are stirring the pot to see where it goes ..

US recession, 1st black president, 'fuel extremism'
Right-wing extremists in the United States are using economic worries and the election of the first black US president as recruiting tools, the US government warns in a new report.

Fears of possible new restrictions on firearms, as well as troubled veterans returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violence attacks," warned the US Department of Homeland Security.
www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Just found this ....they really are stirring the pot to see where it goes ..

US recession, 1st black president, 'fuel extremism'
Right-wing extremists in the United States are using economic worries and the election of the first black US president as recruiting tools, the US government warns in a new report.

Fears of possible new restrictions on firearms, as well as troubled veterans returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violence attacks," warned the US Department of Homeland Security.
www.breitbart.com...

Hello folks, and thanks for all the input and insights,
Simplynoone,yes.

I read this yesterday, great timing, yes?

The perfect storm, anyone who disagrees with the first black president or the way he is running the country, is a racist or subversive.

I knew this was going to happen since the beginning.

Actually this has less to do with Obama then our insane congress.

[edit on 093030p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Good find. In my humble opinion Texas would be the likely birth place for this type of revolt...stirred up by Bush, Cheney and all their minions.

Texas has a rich mans legislature that meets only every other year and in most cases closed to public scrutiny. The populous rarely knows what their politicians are doing to their individual freedoms.

Obama has steered his office away from any talk of banning assault weapons and Feinstein who sponsors the legislation has set the bill on a back burner. Perhaps the administration and the congress know whats up in Texas and have decided to head them off at the pass.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I travel extensively. FYI transtexascorridor.blogspot.com...

Where was Perry when the land grab began against long held private property, namely ranchers that protested the loss of their land? Perry and the powers that be down their have nothing more than self interest in mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I travel extensively. FYI transtexascorridor.blogspot.com...

Where was Perry when the land grab began against long held private property, namely ranchers that protested the loss of their land? Perry and the powers that be down their have nothing more than self interest in mind.

Exactly what I am afraid of... Perry posturing. As I see it, there are 2 scenarios here:

1.) Perry had a "Come to Jesus" awakening, and truly means what he says; in which case he just took a dump in BO's bedroom and there is no turning back - the poop is in the fan. Or -

2.) Perry is just posturing, doesn't mean what he says, and is part of a conspiracy to sell out the people of Texas and the rest of the nation for his own personal agenda and/or that of the NWO.

Time will tell, and probably in fairly short order...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

I am not defending Rick Perry what so ever. I know his past agenda. What I am defending is the general attitude of Texans of not wanted the Federal Government's BS.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i found this topic very thought provoking. and see many ideas and thoughts to be valid. and very understandable. and although i have never been to texas, i have a friend or two from there and they are in incredibly loyal to their state. and rightfully so.

and so my thoughts are this....
i believe that the "idea" of texas standing on its own is doable.
you have the oil and the food
you have guns and amo
you will not get to keep a lot of things that currently sit in your state should this go.
you will not get to keep the water
the military bases will go
you may loose a lot of the commerce due to the fact that it will be too difficult to stay.
you will loose a lot of tourism
you may even loose some of your own people (which you will probably be ok with)
and there is a lot more of the good and bad that i did not put in. but in the end i think that the most important part that people are not concidering is, you will have to go to war with the u.s.
and in the short term i think it is a good fight but it is the long run you must see. the u.s. will not let you go without a fight. cuz after all the u.s. needs texas. so, to make it in the long run, i believe you will need outside suport. and it would need to be big suport. and if you are having a hard time with the feds i do not see you answering very well to some of "big suport" that you would be asking for help from. that price would not come cheap. and frankly the devil you know is sometimes better than the devil you don't know.

these are just some of my thoughts. and it would not be for me to say got for it or not. not by a long shot. i believe that people should do what they feel is right. but to just jump on the ban wagon is never a wise thing. i really think this is something huge and should take into account all sides and side affects. good or bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by IamGen

Well first and foremost Texas is not succeeding from the Union. We are doing what 22 other states are trying to do and declare their sovereignty. There is a big difference.

However in the hypothetical scenario you propose, if it ever came down to Texas wanting to succeed, I am by that point we would the only state to do so. The long term ramifications are impossible to judge but if you look at the way we manage ourselves as a state, it is not far fetched to envision Texas as quite a prosperous nation. We are the 9th largest economy in the world and little will change should we decide to become do it on our own. At this point I truly view the "help" we receive" from the Federal Government as a burden. We might actually do better with out some of their ridiculous policies such as a central bank. The same principles apply for everyone else in the world too.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I live in New York where the constitution gets trashed on a regular basis.Where tax is continually rasied to the breaking point then pushed a little further.Where the professional politicians know thier moron constituants pay no attention to what they do.

I think it may be time to think about moving to Texas.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pooty
I live in New York where the constitution gets trashed on a regular basis.Where tax is continually rasied to the breaking point then pushed a little further.Where the professional politicians know thier moron constituants pay no attention to what they do.

I think it may be time to think about moving to Texas.

Unfortunately, it isn't much better here. Suffice to say, maybe a bit.

Don't pack your bags just yet, we have a NWO puppet Governor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join