It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas gov. back resolutoin affirming sovereignty

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Starred & Flagged and watch the Video!Texas Tells U.S. Gov to Back Off!

Now this is the kind of action all of the states need to take...Stand against Washington D.C. and draw the line in the sand. Enough is Enough, and Americans are getting fed up! We need more state governors to follow his lead!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this a bit ironic?

First we've got a silverspoon Conneticut Yankee who becomes one of the worst govenors of Texas, somehow leveraging his daddy's name and big business connections to become one of the worst presidents in the nation's history, pretending to be Cowboy who manages to bring this nation to its knees.

Then we have an Bilderberg Globalist pretending to be a Constitutionalist, pushing for Sovereignty, obviously jumping on a anti-government bandwagon...thhreatening the stability of the Union.

Methinks he doth protest too much..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
While I am very happy to see Rick Perry say this and support this, I am a bit cautious of his motives. I am not sure if he just fluffing up Texans with mere words but he did go to A&M which if you have ever visited college station is does not get more conservative than that place so maybe he does actually mean and is taking some pride in his state.

None the less. There are actually two bills in the State, 50 from the representatives, and SCR 39 from the Senate.

I am hard pressed to believe there are any politicians willing to stand for the will of the people these days but these two bills and now RP's press release does bring a smile to my face and makes me glad I live in Texas.

Trust but verify! -- Ronald Reagan

He was talking about the Soviet Union, but it applies to any politician who hasn't yet proven himself untrustworthy.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Go...Texas. Hope Louisiana follows suit with other states..it is about time the state reps..do something that is worth while..However, we will have to waint snd see..Congress is too big an powerfull..it needs a force reduction plan..now!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Once again, to use the same analogy, I think this is nothing more than Gov. Perry having gotten into political trouble at home, and then getting in front of the mob coming to run him out of town and his then acting like he was leading the parade. What is important to note, as it in effect could be considered an act of rebellion, is his answer to a question near the end of the video that sounded as if he said he would not allow the Federalization of the National Guard should he call it out. THIS point makes it almost impossible for him to return to the fold of tptb; these are fighting words.

With that statement, knowing nothing else about Gov. Perry, he either had a come to Jesus political moment, or he was just a fence sitter with his finger in the air waiting to see which way the political winds were blowing. Either way he is for certain on the right side now, as even suggesting he would not allow Federalization of the Texas National Guard is an act of sedition which carries huge penalties under the Patriot 1 and 2 Act. Impressive line in the sand Mr. Perry; when he came off the fence he sure did.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This trend of Article 10 states seems to be leading to a breakup that was predicted by Russian political analyst in nov 2008.

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population; the South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

Link to source
vanishingamerican.blogspot.com...

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events. When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would say for a seated governor to state this is significant. It means to me that people within the bureaucracy are rallying and willing to stand up against some of the NWO. Of course, on the other hand, it could mean they are so confident of imminent collapse that they want to remain looking good in the aftermath.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'm a Texan and anyone that can't see thru this obvious, transparent posturing to the rightwing needs to put the crack pipe down.

Do you know how many people in Texas work for the Feds?

Texas is so Dependant on federal aid and employment that it wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell as a separate economic entity unless Perry raised taxes so high that the rest of the states would have to build a fence to keep from being over run by Texans fleeing the oppressive tax burden.

We had a chance at voting in a proper Governor, Kinky, but we blew it.

Now cowboy up and live with it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by whaaa]

haha

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Yes, Texas definition of gun control... Hitting what you are aiming at! I am not originally from Texas, but where I came from we had the same definition of gun control. I hope this "resolve" has more teeth in it than I suspect. I wrote my State rep over a month ago about this and have yet to hear from him. Rick Perry saying he is behind this doesn't hold much meaning for me at the moment. Let's see if our great state is willing to put its money where its mouth is and forgo Federal Education money, road money, etc... when the Fed sez they are going to withhold it due to our "sovereignty issues".

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am very surprised to hear Perry is behind this. I believe it is just for show. If you have seen the documentary EndGame, Rick Perry is in it. In fact, I believe he is part of the Bilderbergers, hence the NWO.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's great to see some 'Positive' news for a change eh?

"Don't Mess with Texas" is a motto these people will die for. I grew up there during the 'formative' years and was confident that at some point, the Texan in every Texan would prevail in the End.

I will always own a piece of Texas and will not part with it to No one or 'entity'. "Don't tread on Me" is backed with Steel and Shot!

This is/was? the most important State for the NWO to attempt to 'Institutionalize' unto an oligarchy of the few For the 'few'.

This is great news though the battle has just begun.

Let's End it as United as One.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Perry is a joke. All he is doing is trying to increase his political stock.

Supposedly Kay Bailey Hutchinson is going to leave the Senate and run for Governor. She will beat Perry in a landslide. I think Perry will run for Congress if Hutchinson throws her hat in the ring.

Ask Perry why he has waited so long to talk about the 10th amendment. It isn't like the federal government just recently started stomping on states rights. Ask him how many times he asked the state attorney general to file lawsuit against the fed for violating the 10th amendment.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by smallpeeps

I firmly believe the whole Sinaloa cartel vs. Gulf cartel was staged from inception by rogue agents within the CIA and other 'affiliates' as an 'excuse' to bring in the Federal agents to 'patrol' the borders.

Just another false flag op. They've gotten pretty good at it over the years with loads of practice. The Mossad reminds them how it's done. It's their motto By Way of Deception.....(

What needs to happen next, is to wrap these Traitorous fellows up with the blood (swine preferred) soaked Texas state flag and dump em in the Gulf and let the sharks have some revenge for Katrina Katrina levees bombed!polluting their waters. Perhaps Karma will be achieved and the world can sleep a little better at Nacht.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While I certainly do not trust Rick Perry by any means, none the less what he is saying is truth, and whether he has ulterior motives or not, I am still getting behind this movement. As far as I am concerned he can get in our way or get in line with the people.

So he can do whatever he wants for tptb including acting as double agent of sorts, I am on this train anyway no matter what he does as well many, many other well armed and well-informed fellow Texans and fellow Americans.

So if he is supporting for now, I'll take it and a wise political move on his part being that re-election for Texas Governor is due in 2010.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think that Governor Perry is considering tossing his hat into the presidential race in another 3 years.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I am certainly no fan of Kay Bailey Hutchinson either. She is a bigger stooge for the globalists than Perry. Thankfully Cornyn is at least a fiscal conservative.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Texas not only retains the right to secede, but it can be divided into separate states within the Republic.

Perry is making a documented effort to notify the Federal government that it was created by the States to serve the States, not the reverse. The "Federal Government" was a creation of the STATES, and remains so. The power of the People of the United States of America remains in the States and their citizens.

We are all citizens of our respective States first, and the U.S. second. I do not tell people I am an American, I tell them "I am a Texan!"

He is planting the seeds of secession I hope.

As Obama weakens the U.S. armed forces, Texas and other states will be more easily able to assert their independence.

We have long held our independence dear. I was born in the "Alamo City" where General Sam Houston is revered. San Antonio alone has the most modern military hopsital and Burn Center at Brooke Army Medical Center on Fort Sam Houston. Fort Sam Houston houses the 5th Army and is fully stagged and armed.

We have the Air Force training facility at Lackland A.F.B.and the Air Force flight school at Randolph A.F.B. The T-38, F-22 and F-35 are or will be stationed there in large numbers, not to mention more battle-tested aircraft and support craft.

Medina Base and Camp Bullis are home to Army field combat training facilities and at least one infantry and cavalry division at all times, fully armed. There is an arms depot at Medina as well.

The former Kelly A.F.B. is now an inland "port" and logisitcs center. Southwest Research Institute conducts satellite, communication and medical research for the armed forces.

Brooks School of Aerospace medicine has trained and decontaminated astronauts. It is also a logistics and trade center.

This does not include the facilities surrounding S.A. such as the Hondo flight training facility and the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station just a litttle over an hour away.

And that's just San Antonio. Texas includes Fort Hood with several divisions of infantry and cavalry and armored. There are major military bases and airfields spreaqd across the State. We have the largest, newest and best highway system in the U.S. with Interstates 10 and 35 reaching the length and breadth of the country.

Dell Computer and Texas Instruments. The U.T. Medical system. Ross Perot. Boone Pickens. Hunt Oil and the Hunt family fortunes. The largest oil reserves in the U.S. A 1,000+ mile coast with the 3rd largest port and the largest gas reserves and refinery in the U.S.

Texas has not had a recession. We have more land than every State but 1. We have corn, cotton, cattle and wheat. The largest border with Mexico and an excellent diplomatic relationship. (They buy lots of our guns.)

I think we're ready. I know I am.

jw

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
[edit on 15-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Perry is simply playing to the sates GOP faithful he and his backers have their eyes on 2012 and are willing to tie into any movement that will get him airtime.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Perry is no lackey to the Feds.

Until January, the President or Vice President for 24 of the last 32 years was Texan.

I think he'd rather be President of the Republic of Texas than a congressman under a Clinton or 2nd Obama administration.

If things are as bad as the ATSers seem to think (just take a look at the last 4 days threads), we'll be independent before we are enslaved, gunless, dead or broke.

Perry has served well in difficult times and has extensive business, legal and political experience. Cornyn is a good statesman but a better Supreme Court Justice (he and the late Barbara Jordan spoke at my UT Law graduation, and I worked for and before him for 15 years), but Hutchison has outlived her usefulness. Gramm will leave Tx. A&M for a political or diplomatic post.

We have no shortage of assets and talent in a State with a large percentage of the country's population and economy.

Perry is just positioning himself and Texas for an opportunity. Being prepared is 99 percent of success.

jw

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join