It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think we are looking at another prohibition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
not one reffering to drugs and alchohol, but the way we communicate, like art, music, radio, and any other means of communication, or even commerce, trade and travel. this is in response to the obama internet post, and im wondering what they are building up too, seems feasible maybe not in this election period but feasible in my lifetime or someones lifetime, but i dont know with the ambient qualitys added to music and tv seems like an act of treason to me anyone have any opinions

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Pohibition? hmm. not sure, kinda of a heavy word to use for this. There is strange stuff going on, on the TV, and internet. It seems that it is leading up to some kind of event that will result in restricted access to news and communication with other parts of the world.

I find that people are starting to demand answers and are generally waking up to the mass "constructed" reality around us realizing that it is not "right" But the PTB dont like that, so who knows how they will handle this, but restricting our ability to communicate with others will probably be SEVERELY cut.

I mean look at the holocust. NOBODY can even agree on a number of dead. It has been revised so many times. Already there are subjects that CANT even be discussed without being shutup, or outright killed.

Strange world we humans live in. In the name of Industrialization we gave up our souls.

Pohibition or cutting back on our communication will not go well for them. I believe in free sharing of knowledge, so they will make at least one enemy with me.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
Pohibition? hmm. not sure, kinda of a heavy word to use for this. There is strange stuff going on, on the TV, and internet. It seems that it is leading up to some kind of event that will result in restricted access to news and communication with other parts of the world.

I find that people are starting to demand answers and are generally waking up to the mass "constructed" reality around us realizing that it is not "right" But the PTB dont like that, so who knows how they will handle this, but restricting our ability to communicate with others will probably be SEVERELY cut.

I mean look at the holocust. NOBODY can even agree on a number of dead. It has been revised so many times. Already there are subjects that CANT even be discussed without being shutup, or outright killed.

Strange world we humans live in. In the name of Industrialization we gave up our souls.

Pohibition or cutting back on our communication will not go well for them. I believe in free sharing of knowledge, so they will make at least one enemy with me.

all jokes aside, im an astronaut and an engineer and im also a network major, but what just what i have learned in the last day is that obamas policy is to essentially eliminate communication whether it be through music radio art or whatever the situation, giving some kind of weird outlook on the future that the police could basically seize your mp3 collection, or do survelance and if someone plays music they could go to jail. however in essence by doing this they are also killing their own culture, i figured this out a minute ago but its almost a ploy or gimick to exterminate the black population, kind of like those rumors of the cia, because if the world turns chaotic then an uprising occurs kind of like in back to the future, but someone said something about the fire department, i guess eliminateing communication would be a threat to security, but im not a firefighter yet so im wondering what actions or laws are there that firedepartments could use to eliminate cencorship. if i get more information i could give it to you but i think it has something to do with colin powell and condaleeza, and low level packet filtering would be the appropriate measure but that would still be low level packet filtering

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Prohibition 2005

I'm not flaming you here, but I didn't think I would ever see an astronaut with such poor writing skills.

I don't know where your post was going. I keep rereading it to try to reach some understanding.

Beyond that...

I wouldn't call it prohibition. More along the lines of censorship. Not to "protect" the masses from generally accepted inappropriate material, but to protect information deemed to "sensative".

new topics

top topics

join