It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
sorry for bumping this old thread but whatever happened to the videos of this case.Supposedly there existed videos of these events.Did they ever see the light of day?

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

As far as I remember no footage became available. There were a lot of photographs and some certainly appeared to show lights in the sky. Years later and I've still no working hypothesis for what reportedly happened. It'd be a different matter if these events were reported in the past few years. We'd have more ways of vetting the reports and perhaps more details too.

Still, at the end of the day, there were first hand testimonies that I still find compelling.

Thanks for bumping this old thread.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
sorry for bumping this old thread but whatever happened to the videos of this case.Supposedly there existed videos of these events.Did they ever see the light of day?

There are people, who claim that never released colares material is property of Bob Bigelow , including photographs, medical reports and film footage.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadScientist2

Vallee and a guy called Bob Pratt were the first English-speaking westerners to get down there and speak to witnesses. As you probably know, Vallee has been associated with Bigelow for many, many years. Between Bigelow's long held fascination for collecting UFO memorabilia and Vallee's extensive archive/s you might be right.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I dont want to believe this to be true but if indeed such materials exist(photos-vids etc) and are in a rich mans drawer instead of being public knowledge than its truly sad.

Other than that i had hoped with the brazilian gov being open and doing its disclosure all of the material would be public by now

This case is from 1977 if im not mistaken.its been 41 years

Ps we also have a "suicide" in this case,hollanda "hanged" himself

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

There's a lot in his collection and it appears nothing enough to prove what the reported phenomena are. After all, several decades of collecting haven't led to any disclosures.

Ps we also have a "suicide" in this case,hollanda "hanged" himself

I've a half-baked idea that applying one's attention to the phenomena can eventually invite mental health issues. Most researchers eventually hit a period of time when they experience a sense of uncomfortable weirdness. Not only in the ufology field, it seems to have occurred in the paranormal field too. Some names off the top of my head: Hall, Dr McDonald, Vallee, Hynek, Bishop, Mack, Clark, Kimball, Greenfield, Keel etc.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Wow, excellent thread to review.
Why do these things always seem happen in backward countries tho, or to hillbillys in the sticks?
No offence to Brazilians, but the villagers took it more as Demons coming to suck (chupa chupa
I always wondered why the lollies were called that) their blood.

OR is there an ancient Aztec/Inca/Toltec/Mayan etc connection there?? The Nazca lines, ancient astronauts etc? Makes you wonder.

And I notice there is an obvious language translation problem....I guess Portuguese to English is difficult.

For instance...the report says a UFO object was 2cm long (WTF??), and we observed it at 1500metres then 6000 metres....This Im affraid is Impossible...2 cm is the size of a fly...seen at 1500 then 6000 metres? I dont think so.

Lets hope the Photographs are still in Brazil somewhere, and not sent to Wright Patterson or the Pentagon to be filed in Warehouse 13

Love the light beam weapon..red for danger...So what did the UFOnauts look like?

Whatever happened to that Brazillian peasant driving his tractor in the fields at night, that was "used" by the attractive female red haired humanoid on her spacecraft, back in the early 60s? Any follow up on that story?

Brazil...geesh.

i remember that story about the peasant and the sexy alien lady who bit his lip while having intercourse....lucky bugger

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

originally posted by: gort51
Wow, excellent thread to review.
Why do these things always seem happen in backward countries tho, or to hillbillys in the sticks?
No offence to Brazilians, but the villagers took it more as Demons coming to suck (chupa chupa
I always wondered why the lollies were called that) their blood.

OR is there an ancient Aztec/Inca/Toltec/Mayan etc connection there?? The Nazca lines, ancient astronauts etc? Makes you wonder.

And I notice there is an obvious language translation problem....I guess Portuguese to English is difficult.

For instance...the report says a UFO object was 2cm long (WTF??), and we observed it at 1500metres then 6000 metres....This Im affraid is Impossible...2 cm is the size of a fly...seen at 1500 then 6000 metres? I dont think so.

Lets hope the Photographs are still in Brazil somewhere, and not sent to Wright Patterson or the Pentagon to be filed in Warehouse 13

Love the light beam weapon..red for danger...So what did the UFOnauts look like?

Whatever happened to that Brazillian peasant driving his tractor in the fields at night, that was "used" by the attractive female red haired humanoid on her spacecraft, back in the early 60s? Any follow up on that story?

Brazil...geesh.

i remember that story about the peasant and the sexy alien lady who bit his lip while having intercourse....lucky bugger

....or he was MKULTRAd by husky CIA guys and spiked with '___'.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I only noticed now that the subtitled videos I posted are gone, so here they are again, on YouTube version.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I also noticed that I didn't translate the other videos, so I will try to do it, but it may take some time, as I have much less free time than back in 2009.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

Antonio Villas-Boas. He was a lawyer, not a peasant.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Actually villas boas was a farmer(as peasant sounds a bit condescending is the right word?) anyway the story goes that after the encounter he gained iq and went to become a lawyer.Or so the various stories circulating around go /end offtopic

a reply to: Kandinsky

Kad to the second part of your post,for me the two are intertwined,Thats what my research has led me to(ufology-paranormal) where the first is the second follows and where the second is the first follows suit with balls of light.same phenomenon many facets.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

It appears that way doesn't it?

a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks a lot for reposting the videos and especially for doing them in the first place. It's outstanding and anyone with an interest should watch them and save them.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Some credible people make the case that Colares
was just another Pont-Saint-Esprit; i.e the CIA
doped everyone up with 'acid'.

Now... there certainly seem to have been radiation
burns as well.. so if you want to go down the
CIA human experimentation road, then you'd
have to loop in things like pulsed microwaves
experimentation.. which there seems to be
a fair amount of evidence for that technology
being tested as well.

What's your opinion?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

you are spot on about that weird stuff coming looking for you,i personally know

I dig some more about this case.It seems the US took over the whole project from the brazilians,My assumptions from this point on are

-americans took over and continued the program,whose initial purpose was to make contact(despite the hostile actions from these aliens,or were they just indifferent to making ppl hurt?)

-said americans changed the name of the program and continued it in utter secrecy

-They may or may not have made contact as Hollanda supposedly did

-In case of contact being made its safe to assume its being continued to this day assuming they came to stay and werent some passerby 18 yo aliens who came to break mailboxes with their baseball bats

Now the million dollar question is how does one go about making a foia request when you dont know what to ask for?Im 100% sure they didnt keep the original name on this case as im 100% sure they have documents on this

If and this is a big if,if they still keep these kind of documents available for the public and havent made another kind of repository which civilians cant access

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Now the million dollar question is how does one go about making a foia request when you dont know what to ask for?Im 100% sure they didnt keep the original name on this case as im 100% sure they have documents on this

The Brazilians released 'everything' a few years ago. Researchers and (iirc) Hollanda said there were many files including footage missing.

I've often wondered about the context and location too. It was an ideal, isolated place without media access and a population who were largely uneducated. Hard to double-check. Someone could make many claims about a place nobody was likely to visit and investigate. Likewise any psyops exercise would be insulated from too many eyes by the limitations of technology and media of the day.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Likewise any psyops exercise would be insulated from too many eyes by the limitations of technology and media of the day.

Im not sure how relevant the media insulation was in this case, from the way I read it, the UFOs continued operation even after military surveillance was setup. See below.

From this Link

"During the investigations, the Air Forces obtained four films and hundreds of photographs of flying disks in the basin of Marajó. "

"According to a statement by Sr. Sebastião V. Miranda, former resident of Colares, "the Brazilian Air Force spent more than 35 days in the town, and installed various devices near the Bacurí beach."

From descriptions of the UFOs that Valle collected on that same link, doesnt sound terrestrial to me. IMO, one of the best cases on the record.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

I'm looking at it from all directions with an open mind. There have been rumours and speculations that some (often USAF) programme sought to spoof a UFO/alien intrusion scenario. If you recall, Vallee supposedly found some document detailing operations to spoof such a thing and interpretations of the document vary (Pentacle memo). I don't see Pentacle as a blueprint for faking alien landings, but many do and it's there as an example. There was the RAND paper on psychological warfare using superstition from the early 1950s. The paper alleged that allied forces had played on supernatural beliefs to terrify rural communities on the outskirts of enemy territories. I'm absolutely not saying that's my belief, it's only speculation and the two examples are loose proofs of the concept alone.

If you think about it, the idea has warfare potential when war hasn't been declared and the psychological advantage of head games is as old as Sun Tzu. A hostile UFO incursion would potentially cause social unrest, fear and confusion and provide cover for other operations. Third world areas often have low rates of education and high levels of superstitious belief and Colares was representative of such populations. The isolated population was ideal if some sketchy US plan wanted a field of operations to conduct exercises. *If* it ever happened.

If we're going with an actual alien incursion maybe the same terms applied? Isolated areas with populations almost severed from the modern world. According to the reports, the local hospital struggled to manage the number of patients. They didn't have much by way of resources or infrastructure, but they had a captive population. It's curious why such a reportedly extraordinary series of extended incidents only occurred in Colares when the planet is full of backwater populations.

The reason why I'm open minded is I haven't found an explanation that satisfies. Flying objects with humanoid beings looking out of hatches, windows and doorways sounds quite theatrical and it also sounds difficult to hoax. Those 1970s helicopters weren't quiet; even the 'stealth' CIA copters were very f******* loud when hovering. Skeptics prefer hoax and I can't go there because of Hollanda's interviews and the official support of the Brazilian military in sending the small team to investigate.

When none of the conventional (or extraterrestrial) explanations fit, we're still left with something pretty weird and extraordinary.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Kad i agree

Lets assume aliens is the next enemy after commies terrorists and iran.

If they portray them as hostile these will generate immense amounts of fear,fear fuels an arms race.bigger badgets for blacker programms

the 64 mil question is how will they justify the arm race since a good argument is how do you defend against whatever comes from outer space which implies better tech

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IMSAM
the 64 mil question is how will they justify the arm race since a good argument is how do you defend against whatever comes from outer space which implies better tech

As long as they're not using mind control, you prepare yourself to fight a protracted guerrilla war to buy time so you can get your hands on their advanced technology. If nothing else, you make it very expensive for them to fight. Same thing the Vietnamese did with the U.S. and the Muslim guerrillas did with Russia in Afghanistan. Of course:

1. It depends on what they want from us. Any culture capable of traveling between stars probably isn't going to want our gold or our land or anything we value. Can't assume they think like us.
2. Might be better to welcome them openly then work hard to subvert them from inside the system.
3. In the long run, it might be better for us to be assimilated as an alien slave colony. (Assuming we aren't one already.) No more wars, hunger or environmental problems, etc.
4. If they don't show up soon, they're going to be fighting our AI, which might give us a fighting chance. Until our own AI enslaves us, anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I understand the open mindedness about the case, but given the military observation showing up with video/cameras and their continued operation, were they really concerned about being discovered?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join