It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

That's really a shame, specially knowing that the Brazilian Armed Forces have been involved in the conversion of their archives to digital versions that can be searched by anyone with Internet access.

I know this because I know that the Portuguese Army archives were doing the same thing at the same time (some 10 years ago) and they were talking to each other about the way of doing it.

PS: I know that the Portuguese Army was doing that because I work in the company that made the software they were using at the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Great thread OP

Just like with humanity - I believe that good and evil exists amongst ET's as well , thats why I cant accept Dr steven greer as anything other than a dis info merchant - all et's are our friends and here to help ? yeah sure they are , he comes across as taking himself far too seriously and his cathedral sized ego wont allow any room for niavety so he must be pushing someones agenda because like this case and many others around the world show - ET's are capable of inflicting great harm physically and psychologically .

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Interesting about all those people hit by a beam. There's a story in Above Top Secret (or one of it's sequels) that Tomothy Good investigated. A young woman from England was hit by a beam from a ufo just as she was opening her front door after a night out. Wasn't that also 1977?

(I left my copy out in the rain to dissolve so can't check that myself.)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Interview with Colonel Ariel Sanchez from CRIDOVNI, the official Uruguay Air Force office for UFO research who mentions the Colares case:

I would like to know about your knowledge and the knowledge of your team on Brazilian cases, such
as Operação Prato, the Brazilian Official UFO Night and others.

Thanks to UFO Magazine we know a lot about those cases. The one I’m mostly interested is Operação
Prato, in 1977. This seems to me as a very shocking situation. Among all those intriguing cases such as the
Brazilian Official UFO Night, Varginha and others, I believe Operação Prato was the most important one in
its developments. It was significant because of the way the UFOs affected the population, the attacks and
even deaths caused by the “chupa-chupa”, four people dead if I’m not mistaken. I would like to have participated
in that investigation. I believe it would have been a pleasure to Coronel Uyrange Hollanda, commander
of Operação Prato, to have you participating in the investigations.

It would have been an honor and a pleasure to me because his work was really important. Was there
anything similar to Operação Prato in Uruguay? Was there any registered wave of UFOs attacking people?

No. There was never anything like the “chupa-chupa” or Operação Prato in my country. Actually, if we
check the 3% of cases we investigate, that means the 40 cases which we could not explain, we can conclude
that the phenomenon is not aggressive in Uruguay.
Isn’t there any case of UFO attacks against Uruguayan people?
Except for a couple of cases, we don’t have it. I remember one case in which a big ball appeared in
front of someone who was walking. The person described it as a little sun. The witness was very much
burned, as if he had stayed under the Sun for hours, as if he had slept at the beach. The skin was really
burned, darkened. This is one of the very few cases in which someone got hurt here..

Interview with Colonel Ariel Sanchez, Chairman of CRIDOVNI

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tecaarantes

sometimes i wonder if there is just one race that pretends to be lots of different ones, like the similarities between bob lazars the sports model and billy meire's beamships. unlikely but must be considered.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just to add a note to this thread, the Brazilian UFO community has been pushing the government on the disclosure of a number of videos and documents and thus far, they have been successful. They are currently at phase 3 and are still pushing for the release of the videos of this incident (and others).

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Yah, Colares. Too bad about Capt. Hollanda who was found dead/murdered. This one of those cases that has a lot of credibility in my opinion. Are aliens benign? Are lab rats victims? How about vegetables in a garden?

I think for the most part we are preconditioned by Hollywood to think that Ghosts and aliens are evil monsters. The big big cases of contact with unknowns like Colares, Rendleshem, Belgium, Shag Harbor, etc., don't live up to Hollywood's interpretation.

Colares at top of page here

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Brazilian Lieutenant Colonel Leo Tércio Sperb discusses another major UFO incident in 1977 on the Cuiabá-Cáceres road:

The full interview is being transcribed for complete publication on Brazilian UFO Magazine, and what can be now advanced is that the former Army military was involved in a major UFO incident in 1977, the very same year when Operation Prato occurred in the Amazon, a hot year for Brazilian Ufology. Lieutenant-Coronel Leo Tércio Sperb revealed that this new found incident took place when he held the highly important position as commander for the 2nd Frontier Battalion, in the city Cáceres, state of Mato Grosso, West of Brazil.

The former military commander reported that in mid 1977 (he was unable to remember the date precisely) he was informed by his men that a small settlement located somewhere in the middle of the Cuiabá-Cáceres Road was highly excited about sightings of a strange and recurring luminous object that appeared predominantly at night. Having always been opened to UFO issues, and seeing the reports were significant, he sent a first man to do the preliminary investigations.

link

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Lately, there's a very nice trend to open some very well researched and laid out threads: every fifty crocks there's one good thread, which means that we are improving (not so long ago, the proportion was 100/1):
great work, thanks for sharing.

Kandinsky, perhaps you already mentioned this, but after a FOIA request, Brazilian Air Defense Command (Comdabra)released more documentation related to OPERAÇÃO PRATO

(Roughly translated, hopefully ArMaP will take a look and correct possible mistakes)

OPERAÇÃO PRATO 1 – PART 1 –

First part of the document of Operation Prato, conducted by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) in the Amazon, through the Regional Air Command I, of Bethlehem (PA) between September and December 1977. This is the final report on the secret operation of FAB, coordinated by Uyrangê Bolívar Soares Nogueira de Hollanda Lima, closed in December 1977 and sent to the Brazilian Air Defense Command (Comdabra) in Brasilia.

50 pages document [.PDF, 8,1 Mb]
Download

OPERAÇÃO PRATO 1 – PART 2 –

Second part of the document of Operation Prato, conducted by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) in the Amazon, through the Regional Air Command I, of Bethlehem (PA) between September and December 1977. This is the final report of the secret of FAB, coordinated by Uyrangê Bolívar Soares Nogueira de Hollanda Lima, closed in December 1977 and sent to the Brazilian Air Defense Command (Comdabra) in Brasilia.

50 pages document [.PDF, 10,6 Mb]
Download

OPERAÇÃO PRATO 1 – PART 3 –

Third part of the document of Operation Prato, conducted by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) in the Amazon, through the Regional Air Command I, of Bethlehem (PA) between September and December 1977. This is the final report on the secret of FAB, coordinated by the then capital Uyrangê Bolívar Soares Nogueira de Hollanda Lima, closed in December 1977 and sent to the Brazilian Air Defense Command (Comdabra) in Brasilia.

51 pages document [.PDF, 6,7 Mb]
Download

OPERAÇÃO PRATO 2

Additional document on Operation Prato, conducted by the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) in the Amazon, through the Regional Air Command I, of Bethlehem (PA) between September and December 1977. This is the final report of the secret of FAB, coordinated by Uyrangê Bolívar Soares Nogueira de Hollanda Lima, closed in December 1977 and sent to the Brazilian Air Defense Command (Comdabra) in Brasilia.

51 pages document [.PDF, 6,7 Mb]
Download

For the love of god the links are not working unfortunately

has anyone save these pdf files??Are they in english??

Sorry for the big quote,also do we have any progress on this one?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Saved by the Wayback Machine.

PART 1
PART 2
PART 3
Additional document

Once on the Wayback Machine, just click on the day with the blue circle.

The documents are in Portuguese.

I don't know of any developments.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thank you Armap.Btw check your messages.THank you!!

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well Hooray for the Wayback machine!

There's some interesting speculation in the full article below about the light beams that emanated from the Colares objects and 'immobilised' the witnesses - don't know how right he is but Jacques Vallee suggests they contain several different types of electromagnetic radiation:

Brazil in South America seems to have an unusual number of UFO cases involving beams of light, some of which injure or even kill people. In a dramatic article in the British Flying Saucer Review entitled 'Extraterrestrial Vampires in the Amazon Region of Brazil: Part II', the magazine editor, Gordon Creighton, provides readers with a précis translation from the Portuguese of Chapter IV from the book of that name by Dr Daniel Rebisso Giese (1996). These events occurred on Colares Island, which is in the delta of the Amazon river on the north-eastern coast of Brazil. So many people reported being attacked by beams of light from small UFOs in this area that only a sample of them are reported here.

In describing their experiences with these light beams, most victims claimed that "They were immediately immobilised, as if a heavy weight pushed against their chest. The beam was about [seven or eight centimetres] in diameter and white in colour. It never hunted for them but hit them suddenly. When they tried to scream no sound would come out, but their eyes remained open. The beam felt hot, 'almost as hot as a cigarette burn', barely tolerable. After a few minutes the column of light would slowly retract and disappear." (Vallee, 1990, p.200) Apart from those who had been killed by these beams, most people's symptoms usually disappeared after seven days.

After asking various forensic pathologists to review his findings, Vallee claims that "what UFO witnesses describe as 'light' may, in fact, be a complex combination of ionising and non-ionising radiation. Many of the injuries described in Brazil, however, are consistent with the effects of high-power pulsed microwaves."

UFO Light beams

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

In describing their experiences with these light beams, most victims claimed that "They were immediately immobilised, as if a heavy weight pushed against their chest. The beam was about [seven or eight centimetres] in diameter and white in colour. It never hunted for them but hit them suddenly. When they tried to scream no sound would come out, but their eyes remained open. The beam felt hot, 'almost as hot as a cigarette burn', barely tolerable. After a few minutes the column of light would slowly retract and disappear." (Vallee, 1990, p.200) Apart from those who had been killed by these beams, most people's symptoms usually disappeared after seven days.

The descriptions in bold seem to resemble what some people describe during the beginning stages of the abduction experience. Could it be a similar technology?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I only just recently learned of this series of events in Brazil back in 1977 a couple weeks ago while watching some old UFO documentary on television. It's fascinating because something was obviously taking place in that village to prompt the mayor to call in the military to try and help study the situation and to try and help protect the people in the small fishing village. It's quite disturbing if one begins to tie in these events with the occurrence of human abduction and mutilation cases such as the Todd Sees case that took place back in 2002 in Northumberland, PA. There was also a human mutilation case that took place in Brazil as well.

While searching YouTube for further information on the 1977 Colares case, I came across a video that was apparently taken in 1991 in Colares Brazil of what appears to be people being hit with these "lights". I have no clue what it could be, however, it is definitely from a VHS copy, and that's what makes it more interesting than the usual YouTube garbage we see quite regularly around here that are often hoaxes. It's no wonder the human mutilation cases are "suppressed" and not as well known as other UFO cases that have taken place; Just the thought that such incidents might be taking place is enough to make any sane person mentally unstable...

-Jocko

edit on 4-9-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
To add, if there are any Portuguese speaking ATS members that could translate what is being said in the video I embedded in my previous post it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

BTW, great thread Kandinsky, lots of excellent information about this event.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Jocko Flocko

The voice closest to the camera (I suppose that's the man with the camera) doesn't say anything interesting, only some exclamations that should not be translated, if you know what I mean.

(Or at least it was what it sounded like to me, I may be wrong)

As for the video itself, it doesn't look like VHS, it looks only fuzzy, so it may have been made with a digital camera and changed to make it look older.

Edit:For some reason I hadn't seen the beginning of the video, that makes it look more like an old video but it's also easy to fake.
edit on 5/9/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
As for the good and bad aliens would the "space warden" project be the first defence.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yeah, I was thinking it would be quite easy to hoax a "VHS tape simulation" as well but something just looks "right" about it (the fact that it appears to be a legit copy from a VHS source, not what the light is exactly or what they were saying or doing there) The legitimacy of modern UFO video's for myself has been destroyed as far as I am concerned. I can no longer trust anything that is made public and posted on the likes of YouTube as there's far to many asinine idiotic nerds with to much time on their hands creating video hoaxes these days. The sad part about it is that the hoaxing will only get worse the more simple video editing becomes and the faster computers get in the future.

Thanks for listening to the swearing though...

edit on 5-9-2012 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Just to add a note to this thread, the Brazilian UFO community has been pushing the government on the disclosure of a number of videos and documents and thus far, they have been successful. They are currently at phase 3 and are still pushing for the release of the videos of this incident (and others).

Here we go mate - apparently there's recently been some progress in Brazil and Fernando Aragon described last Thursday as 'a date that will go down in history of Ufology'.

Ministry of Defence receives ufologists to handle documents on UFOs

Brasilia, 04/18/2013 - Members of the Brazilian Committee of UFO researchers (CBU) and representatives of the Armed Forces met on the afternoon of Thursday, the Ministry of Defence (MD), to address the access to military documents dealing with accounts involving unidentified flying objects (UFOs). The meeting was the unfolding of a meeting held in early February, when the ministry discussed administrative procedures for responding to requests for information from more than 30 speakers from Brazil in the IV World Forum of Ufology . At the time, it was determined that all documents under the responsibility of the Navy, Army and Air Force related to the subject were made ​​public, as established by the Law on Access to Information (LAI)..

"This is a date that will go down in history of ufology," said Fernando Aragon, UFO Magazine. "It is the first time that the Ministry of Defense of a country calls ufologists to talk formally about flying saucers," celebrated. "We are optimistic about the door was open and we hope to advance the discussions," said Aragon.

link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Cheers for that mate, I'm quite sure that when I first heard about this, I think it was AJ Gevard who said that the military has hundreds of hours worth of UFO footage (from possibly this case, or another well-known Brazilian case), that is yet to be released so it'll be interesting to see if they get it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join