It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Thanks for the reply. It's a fascinating case, yet it's been overlooked by most UFO researchers. Bob Pratt, Jacques Vallee and AJ Gevaerd are the few well-known guys to have researched the case.

Isaac Koi has compiled a great thread about the 'Top 100' of UFO cases based on the number of articles and pages written about incidents...Colares doesn't make it.

Vallee has written about it in his 'Confrontations' book pages 136-39 and 220-26.

The Ufologie website, that was a good source for Colares, has gone off-line in the past couple of weeks and doesn't look like it's coming back. I saved most of the pages and have compiled them into an e-book that includes Bob Pratt's research and an interview from Forgetomori's site with some added images from the official reports. It's 80+ pages and a hefty 40mb (limitations of the pdf converter). If you're interested, it's available at this link....right here. There's also a Word 2010 version from here.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The Ufologie website, that was a good source for Colares, has gone off-line in the past couple of weeks and doesn't look like it's coming back. I saved most of the pages and have compiled them into an e-book that includes Bob Pratt's research and an interview from Forgetomori's site with some added images from the official reports. It's 80+ pages and a hefty 40mb (limitations of the pdf converter). If you're interested, it's available at this link....right here. There's also a Word 2010 version from here.

Kandinsky - thank you!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Well I'm glad someone appreciates it...the damn thing took a long time to put together.

Last week, the guy who owned the ufologie site was named on the link. I tried to contact him to help out on the costs, but couldn't trace an email. Then I checked out the value of the site and it was listed as a few grand...too much!

I hope he's backed up his data...we were both big fans of the site.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

This stuff never happens in the more high tech places on earth.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by DaMod]

Quite true. Perhaps electricity, technology and noise puts them off. Reminds me of the time when I was a child living in a remote place with no electricity and we had to use gas lamps. There were a lot of spooky things to be seen in those days.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

There's no such thing as good or evil, it's a religious concept. Also what makes a particular alien 'good' or 'bad'. It might be hostile to humans and benovelent to monkeys. Think about it a bit more.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

Thanks for the reply. It's a fascinating case, yet it's been overlooked by most UFO researchers. Bob Pratt, Jacques Vallee and AJ Gevaerd are the few well-known guys to have researched the case.

Isaac Koi has compiled a great thread about the 'Top 100' of UFO cases based on the number of articles and pages written about incidents...Colares doesn't make it.

Vallee has written about it in his 'Confrontations' book pages 136-39 and 220-26.

Yeah I heard some things from AJ Gevaerd in an interview that I may have missed from the orginal story. He stressed that the military made contact with aliens in December and it was why they closed the project off so abruptly. We don't know if words or telepathy was spoken during the contact, we even don't know if they encountered a human mutilation, be AJ said contact was made.

Jacques Vallee is one man who does not tell what he knows. He's a brilliant researcher and I love his material, but he did not speak his real knowledge of aliens to the public. Captain Hollanda spoke of Jacques in his interview, Jasques was neck deep in this whole thing and knew it was aliens from the military and Hollanda's team. I heard his best book was Messengers of Deception UFO Contacts and Cults but he did not get down to the root of the aliens.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I really do like this case, as the Brazilian government released document regarding it. Which means they did send personnel down. I believe this case needs more coverage rather than some of the other silly threads which get bumped to the top. As a skeptic I do find this case highly intriguing

I haven't done enough reading on this case, but I must cast my skeptical eye on this to scruitinise the evidence.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Also it would be good if other members of that military research team would come forward for interviews, I am assuming their names have not been listed anywhere?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Back in 2004-2005 Brazil was disclosing UFOs files to a UFO researcher. They are trying to catch up with the Chilean government, yet they guard the evidence of this event like treasure.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

Jacques Vallee is one man who does not tell what he knows. He's a brilliant researcher and I love his material, but he did not speak his real knowledge of aliens to the public. Captain Hollanda spoke of Jacques in his interview, Jasques was neck deep in this whole thing and knew it was aliens from the military and Hollanda's team. I heard his best book was Messengers of Deception UFO Contacts and Cults but he did not get down to the root of the aliens.

I've got mixed views of Vallee, but he rarely fails to be less than interesting. These are some of the points Vallee made in the book...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a1cda7469e4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7102668feba.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da0f98db0116.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah I heard some things from AJ Gevaerd in an interview that I may have missed from the orginal story. He stressed that the military made contact with aliens in December and it was why they closed the project off so abruptly. We don't know if words or telepathy was spoken during the contact, we even don't know if they encountered a human mutilation, be AJ said contact was made.

The same goes for AJ Gevaerd; he's drawn his own conclusions and has more certainty than some. He talks about Brazilian UFO cases (Varginha and Colares) in a couple of decent Paracast interviews from way back...Paracast December 2006 and a two hour show from Paracast May 2008.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by greyer

I've got mixed views of Vallee, but he rarely fails to be less than interesting. These are some of the points Vallee made in the book...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9a1cda7469e4.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7102668feba.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da0f98db0116.jpg[/atsimg]

The same goes for AJ Gevaerd; he's drawn his own conclusions and has more certainty than some. He talks about Brazilian UFO cases (Varginha and Colares) in a couple of decent Paracast interviews from way back...Paracast December 2006 and a two hour show from Paracast May 2008.

I haven't done any heavy research regarding Varginha but what really puzzles me is this seems to have been a major thing, yet not a single photo or video. Take a photo of the commotion of the military being in town, but not even that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

I haven't done any heavy research regarding Varginha but what really puzzles me is this seems to have been a major thing, yet not a single photo or video. Take a photo of the commotion of the military being in town, but not even that.

I'm unsure if there's anything to be gained in this case. Gevaerd regards it as biggest case ever and cites dying fire-fighters, DC-10s and US 'agents' removing bodies to the US. It's a great story and, as you say, not enough evidence.

Gazrock's Varginha thread is the most comprehensive...The Varginha Case - In-Depth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the material.

If I was in this situation and I knew the town saw glowing UFOs close to the village on different occasions as if it were town gossip, and someone came in early in the morning very agitated claiming to be hit by a beam from a UFO as described here, I would believe them.

It was mentioned some people were hit in the face, aliens have no problem beaming the face, Paul Bennewitz woke up in the morning during the later years with a large beam scar down his face. He said they were frantic of his communications that were lasting for 7 years.

I know nothing of what A. J. Gevaerd knows from his sources, I will check out that podcast and look up some material later.
edit on 10-2-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

reply to post by karl 12

Well I'm glad someone appreciates it...the damn thing took a long time to put together.

Last week, the guy who owned the ufologie site was named on the link. I tried to contact him to help out on the costs, but couldn't trace an email. Then I checked out the value of the site and it was listed as a few grand...too much!

I hope he's backed up his data...we were both big fans of the site.

Kandinsky, fantastic work there buddy and I'm certainly glad you did take the time to save all that data - as for all the Ufologie information being removed from the internet, let's hope it didn't have anything to do with entrepreneurial bigwig Robert T. Bigelow, he's already in the business of collating/suppressing publicly funded FAA reports and now it looks like he's buying UFO websites:

brianvike.com, HBCCufo.org [another black hole for UFO reports?] Note 20-Dec-2009: In 2009 Brian Vike retired from the UFO field and in Nov-2009 he sold his sites to Robert T. Bigelow's BAASS. The sites still welcome UFO reports by the public, yet the 1000s of previously recorded UFO reports seem to have been taken down.]

link

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManInAsia

There's no such thing as good or evil, it's a religious concept. Also what makes a particular alien 'good' or 'bad'. It might be hostile to humans and benovelent to monkeys. Think about it a bit more.

That's all fine and dandy..... if you're a Monkey!

These "beings", to me, represent the darker side of existence.... who may not necessarily be interested in Monkeys... yet!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

Originally posted by ManInAsia

That's all fine and dandy..... if you're a Monkey!

These "beings", to me, represent the darker side of existence.... who may not necessarily be interested in Monkeys... yet!

Did somebody mention me?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CrazyMonkey

Ohh not to worry

apparently you are save from Alien scrutiny.... for the time being, this in no way implies that you are not a most interesting creature..... for studying

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I have a full archive of ufologie.net from back in 2008. If the original owner of the site wants the material or someone else is interested in hosting a mirror just let me know.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
]
I have a full archive of ufologie.net from back in 2008. If the original owner of the site wants the material or someone else is interested in hosting a mirror just let me know.

Xtraeme, I knew you would come good my friend, what do I need to do?

I'm sure Kandinsky will be very happy.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It would be nice if the original documents in Portuguese of "Operation Prato", already released by the Brazilian Air Force, could be available on the internet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join