It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory of Movies, Video Games, Books, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What if all the far fetched stuff many of the futuristic/sci-fi movies', games', and books' plots are based on is purposefully released by the government to lessen the shock when they are finally declassified? What if they are all projects currently in R&D or about to be exposed - things like time travel, human cyborgs/cloning, "designer" babies, Martian life, the NWO, etc, etc? Just think if all the movies with crazy stuff that COULD be true: The Matrix, Gattica, Aliens, Bicentennial Man, AI, Minority Report, The Truman Show, Metal Gear Solid, Red Faction, Half-Life, 1984, A Brave New World, Enders Game ... the list goes on and on. Something to think about.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by MatthewR1985]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not a new theory, but interesting nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I know for a fact and so everybody else I think that some of the futuristic fantasies of the past has became the realities of the present.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That's true too. The items, ideas, etc in futuristic movies of the past have been revealed as truth and made availible for use (because our present was their future). In OUR future, the things in the present movies in question will be made availible.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Then you will agree that the future does not hold a very good chance,? most of the futuristic things of today are full of death worlds and sombie like humans so why could that be?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
By "zombie like" I'm assuming that you DON'T mean half-dead/half-alive decaying pieces of flesh - I think you mean "drone like mindless sheeple" - which is a very possible furture. The "death world" you describe is very possible too: maybe not the post-Cold War nuclear winter scenario (after a WWIII nuclear war), but definitely the "overpoulation and everything that comes with it" scenario.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The books, 1984, Brave New World, and Utopia were far reaching in their visions of the future. Telemonitors and microphones everywhere in 1984; and the creation of life in labs in Brave New World. Even the use of drugs(soma) and sex to keep people happy had foresight.

These are books that I will make my children read when they are old enough. Then they will be able to see the parallels between fiction, and reality.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well I did read a book about soma but it was a more explicit one and about sex drugs I did read one in wish they control population taking away the desire for sex so the way this country is going I am more incline on the control theory, no sex no population. The way of the future.

new topics

top topics

join