Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Help me kill spyware

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Got some spyware on my computer and I cant destroy them. Anyone out there know of free programs(links would be nice) that will rid my machine of those nasty things?




posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Have you tried Adware 6? It's Free and seems to work great.

Link that discusses spyware and adware and how to remove it

Adware 6 download page




[Edited on 23-4-2004 by KillerD]



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks!!

Anyone know how to get into the code and mess up the spyware network?

Im declaring war on these things.



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Thanks!!

Anyone know how to get into the code and mess up the spyware network?

Im declaring war on these things.


Clever idea, but not likely possible. Even if it was possible and you did it, you would then be the one to get in trouble for it. What they are doing to you isn't so much illegal as it is just sneaky underhanded B.S. which is annoying. Similar to Telemarketing, Junk Mail, etc. However, if you altered their software resulting in them being attacked somehow by it, that IS Illegal and you could get busted for hacking or something stupid like that, even though they deserve it. But that's the system for ya.



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Spybot Search & Destroy is a good choice.



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
. However, if you altered their software resulting in them being attacked somehow by it, that IS Illegal and you could get busted for hacking or something stupid like that, even though they deserve it. But that's the system for ya.


I dont mind taking on the system when these things cause problems for many people. Their software should be illegal IMO and do not mind doing something to stop it.

Seriously anyone with the skills to hack into the spybot network please U2U me and share your knowledge with me.



posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
haha...I think there are going to be laws about these types of advertising approaches soon...what I do is just boycott any products that market through adware. The bastards who make it really do deserve to get a swift ass kicking. Oh well, nothing you can do, unless you want to go to jail as well..



posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'd say run Spybot and Ad-Aware, cuz one always seem to pick up what the other one left behind...



posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I'd say run Spybot and Ad-Aware, cuz one always seem to pick up what the other one left behind...


I run both and your right what the one doesn't pickup the other program will. Both are good.






top topics



 
0

log in

join


Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution