It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a site for myself . . . how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I want to make a site for myself, and can design each page myself, each button and whatnot. But I've no idea how to stick it all together and make it work. I'm hoping I can work out how to use dreamweaver, but even then I've still got to work out native screen resolutions and stuff, so I'm going to need help whatever happens. How could I go about this? Would learning dreamweaver solveall these problems, or would it be easier to design each page and then just pay someone to make it all work?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Try www.webeden.co.uk
it is easy to do and you work in real time so as you build it and hit the save button it goes live.

Give it a try, or check out my sig for one that i have built.

using programs like dreamweaver is hard to learn, keep it simple

cheers
jon

[edit on 14-4-2009 by jon1]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
There are numerous tutorials on the web for everything you'll need to do most of the valuable ones are paid tutorials but there are still free tutorials available for most things you'll need to accomplish, I'm not sure what capabilities you already have but there is so much to learn. With the amount of detail and features available with websites these days the best idea is to focus on what you can do and outsource the rest, or get ready to do a lot of learning and searching for the proper tutorials and information.
Or if you're really interested in paying someone, I can help you do it .. you can reach me @ my personal website via www.DavidAllenNeron.com...

I've been looking for some projects and I'd love to help people from ATS/BTS .. I can show you examples of my work as well if you are interested.

I also have tutorials on how to do certain things that may be useful for setting up your own domain and hosting account.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Easiest thing to do is to sit down, and play with the dreamweaver program it is quiet easy. Most websites not are making the screen to fit 1024 x 768
although some still use the old 800 x 600 method. Your not going to be able to have a website that can fit all screens unless you use a code that will shrink or expand, it takes a bit of codeing.

I build most of my website layout and placeholders in fireworks from adobe and export it as a CSS so when I put it into dreamweaver it is harder for anyone to steal my images and or text.

this website has helped me in the past.
www.kirupa.com...

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I highly suggest not using dreamweaver and such. If you just want to make a bunch of static pages one time and such, then I guess dreamweaver will serve the purpose.

But if you ever want to get beyond static html pages etc, then you are going to need to know how to do html manually. In which case all you need is notepad, and it's free.

I learned from this site:

htmlgoodies.earthweb.com...

Although that was nearly 10 years ago, it still looks like a pretty decent resource.

I'm biased I admit. I do more than static pages and I have designers that use dreamweaver. It drives me nuts because I basically have to redo the entire page as dreamweaver adds so much extra stuff not needed and does weird things at times.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, it depends on how "professional" you want your website to look.

You can learn web design languages at w3schools

You can make a free online website using a subdomain at Freewebs

Also: If you do wish to build your own custom website using HTML/CSS or other web language, I strongly advise using a design/development toolkit.

I use MS Expression Web 2 and Visual Studio 08 to build my websites. You can also download a free website builder (exactly like dreamweaver) called Kompozer - Awesome software!

The world is your oyster. I myself am a professional website developer and software engineer, so if you have any question you can u2u me

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Piranha]

top topics

join