It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help: A chance to portray your opinions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hey guys. I posted a couple weeks ago that I was doing a extensive paper for an anthropology paper on UFOs and i needed some opinions. Everyone was very friendly and referred me to many different threads. I have developed a short series of questions I need anyone and anybody to answer. My paper is strictly based off the opinions of the masses so I need as much opinion and help as possible. Since it is not a research paper, I do not need links to prior research or different threads but YOUR opinion and what YOU personally believe. There are 8 questions! If you do not feel comfortable sharing or answering you may skip over certain questions. I assure you, I am not placing my own opinions or bias in the paper and it is strictly what people believe. This is a chance to get your views and opinions heard by a class of educated students. Any help anybody can give me what greatly benefit what I am trying to accomplish. Also, according to my professor I am suppose to use pseudonyms to conceal the privacy of the person, so nobody will have to worry about that.

Here are the questions:

Again feel free to answer as many as you wish and write as much as wish. Thanks again!

1.) What are your own personal beliefs about UFOs, extraterrestrials and aliens?

2.) If you believe in extraterrestrials what do you think one would look like, or how do you think they look?

3.) Do you have any personal experience with UFOs, Extraterrestrials, and aliens? If so please explain your experience. If not, do you known anyone who has had a personal experience? This may include sightings, abductions, ect.

4.) What is your background with UFOs? For instance, do you extensively study them? Are you a casual believer who is simply curious about there existence? Ect.

5.) Do you believe or accept the fact that extraterrestrials could be supernatural beings, that we cannot perceive and are beyond the scientifically visible universe? If so, please elaborate.

6.) Do you believe in abduction? If so, what do you believe extraterrestrials do with humans in their spacecrafts and what are they trying to achieve? If you do not believe in abduction please explain why.

7.) What is your area of expertise in life? For example are you an anthropologist, a Doctor, a businessperson, ect.

8.) What pseudonym would you like to have for my paper, or if you wish you could state your name and what area you are from. Notice, not a direct town just a region would do fine. For example, I am from northern New Jersey, or from southern New Hampshire ect.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Howdy, and good luck with your research. i will keep my answers brief... (however, will you be asking these questions in a 'control' forum that isn't prone to conspiracies and strange phenomenon such as ATS?)

1.) What are your own personal beliefs about UFOs, extraterrestrials and aliens?

i do believe in the existance of extraterrestrial life. the universe is far to vast to assume otherwise. i do also believe that they have 'visited' or even reside on this earth.

2.) If you believe in extraterrestrials what do you think one would look like, or how do you think they look?

i am sure there are countless forms of alien life out there. i am sure there are even intelligences without form, or at least a form we would recognize. (douglas adams would refer to an intelligent shade of blue, if i remember my Hitchiker's-Guide well enough).

however, i do think those specifically referred to as the 'greys' are involved with us and our world. perhaps several others. depends on who you ask.

3.) Do you have any personal experience with UFOs, Extraterrestrials, and aliens? If so please explain your experience. If not, do you known anyone who has had a personal experience? This may include sightings, abductions, ect.

i have had and continue to have vivid dreams involving aliens and their crafts. i can share the details, perhaps on another thread, but it would take some time. in these lucid dreams, i have seen them. talked with them. been told by 'agents' of their presence. i have seen their crafts and 'felt' the energy these ships emote as they "phase" into our reality. these dreams have all been rather lucid, and for a brief period of time, intrusive into my waking psyche. it is tough to function at work when the night before you have witnessed a full on alien invasion.

are these the workings of an overactive mind? perhaps. but i will leave that to the shrinks to decide.

4.) What is your background with UFOs? For instance, do you extensively study them? Are you a casual believer who is simply curious about there existence? Ect.

due to a childhood phobia of greys, a fascination with spirits/ghosts and all thinks paranormal, and the nature of my dreams, i do tend to explore the topic. an amateur, to-be-sure, but i know enough of the folklore to hold my own. i do try and remain grounded in my research, but i am prone to believe before i disbelieve. you can call me more of the Fox Mulder type, then the Dana Scully.

5.) Do you believe or accept the fact that extraterrestrials could be supernatural beings, that we cannot perceive and are beyond the scientifically visible universe? If so, please elaborate.

of course... supernatural simply means beyond our scope to currently define.

6.) Do you believe in abduction? If so, what do you believe extraterrestrials do with humans in their spacecrafts and what are they trying to achieve? If you do not believe in abduction please explain why.

yes i do. abductions may be done for very similar reasons that we as humans "abduct" a gorilla, or polar bear, or cheetah in the wild... to learn more about them. i am sure these animals we capture are no less traumatized then the humans who have allegedly been abducted by these aliens.

however there is a great deal of folklore that states that the abductions are done for other purposes... mainly alien/human hybrid purposes.

7.) What is your area of expertise in life? For example are you an anthropologist, a Doctor, a businessperson, ect.

i am well versed in theology and mythology, as well as being a musician and artist.

8.) What pseudonym would you like to have for my paper, or if you wish you could state your name and what area you are from. Notice, not a direct town just a region would do fine. For example, I am from northern New Jersey, or from southern New Hampshire ect.

you can call me J.Walker from N. Az

thanks for asking............

[edit on 13-4-2009 by mythos]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey mythos. Thanks so much for your reply! To answer your question I am using general informant sample as well as an extensive informant sample. This well I will get a varied and accurate portrayal of what people believe. However, I am more interested and have a higher need for opinions like yours who have extensive knowledge and information to share. Thanks again for your contribution!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gobbo909

you are quit welcome. it was a fun excercise to sum up my perspective on the whole thing. good luck with your research. will you post your conclusions anywhere when you are done?

PS... i earn my bread & butter in the field of Special Education (teaching 'at risk' youth art, math, music, etc.) just so you don't think i am completely fringe.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gobbo909
Here are the questions:
Again feel free to answer as many as you wish and write as much as wish. Thanks again!

Hope your paper gets an A+. I'm probably not what you were looking for, but will answer nonetheless.

1. I think they are a possibility. Nothing more.
2. Since I only think they are a possibility, I think they probably look like "greys" as stated by those who do believe in them, and claim to have seen them.
3. No, and No.
4. Simply as a possibility, I do not study them, though the "sightings" such as that over Phoenix, AZ do make me wonder.
5. Again, I have never experienced contact with an alien, angel, demon, or anything else that could be confused with each other as supernatural.
6. Probably the only thing that makes me disbelieve in aliens is how far they would have to travel to get to our planet. Abductions, I think people see what they want to see sometimes. Although, I have not been abducted, and really have no business discussing the matter.
7. Religion/philosophy and History are probably the only two things I have any knowledge of, other than entertainment. oh.. and a little chemistry and mathematics.
8. Doesn't matter, use your imagination. U.S.A.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
haha completely understandable all viewpoints are welcome. Sure, I would be happy to post the results of my findings.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'll play:

Answer: I don't know... Most UFO / USO sightings I believe are man made experimental to perfected mag / grav vehicles post WW2. There are a few anomalies of course.

www.russianspy.org...

www.socyberty.com...

So, I don't know. Could these sightings be "entertainment / fakes" or could they be real and it is the product of a technically advanced people from here (underwater, time travel, etc) or another planet? Could it truly be "the watchers" (see book of enoch) that have been here the whole time and taught man the arts of war?

Who knows? I speculate but don't have a "set belief" because there is not enough reliable data for me to commit to one or another.

Since you have seen the answer to question #1, I have to assume that other than experimental craft from this time period that if it is alien, native to earth, or the watchers / angel - God - Gods -demon that they would look similar to us since most "ancient" religions and art depict man as in "the image" or close to the image of God. Though in ancient art, some gods look like snakes, most are pretty much "human" looking that I have seen. Even a big headed "grey" as they call it is "pretty much" human looking with 2 arms, 2 legs, etc. And if it is a craft from the future.. well, human looking as well.

Not really, Had one experience out in the woods with a group of friends back in 85 maybe 86 when we suddenly were surrounded by "flashing lights" like lightning but "all around us" even in heavy trees... hard to explain it but it was a series of flashes with no sound that seem to originate from all around us, not lightning.. flash, flash (pause) flash flash flash (pause) "everyone run like hell back down the trail... I can't remember the number of flashes or the actual number or anything but it was "hot" and we could feel it on our faces and one of the girls hair was like "super static". We ran to the car, it choked a bit but started and we hauled ass. Then the "sonic boom" went off (just one and a few minutes after the flashes)

Newspaper the next day said there was probably a meteor to explain the super loud sonic boom... I don't think so. But that is the extent of "strange" UFO like anything for me other than an occasional star looking funny or "winking" in the sky.

Curious about their existence but don't buy in to all the conspiracy stuff.

Hmmm... Possibly, dimensional shifts maybe, holes in reality that sometimes let things through time-space.. again so many possibilities from terrestrial, extra-terrestrial, freak of nature (dimensional gates), time travel, Angels-Demons-Watchers - Nephilim.

Who knows?

Again, Not sure. To many hoaxes to know what is true or not, or if any of these "abductions" are true and not the work of normal "humans".

(Care not to say exactly but I deal with Fiber Optic transport and hi cap data communications)

I have lived in many, many areas of the US and overseas. For simplicities sake I will tell you the area in which the "incident" happened. That would be the strange town of Beloit, WI. That place is freeksville personified. The new agers call it a "nexus point" where the "lay lines" I think they call it meet. And it is a freeking evil nasty freaky place to say the least. Avoid it like the plague, the place has tentacles.. LOL.... "come suffer with us" is the motto in my humble opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Very interesting response indeed! So far so good, i will read over it more extensively and this will definitely help
. Just as a side note it is extremely interesting to read about the experiences and beliefs of people. As this is a college project of mine it is still an interest and perplexity I have always held!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I believe aliens have shaped our culture, from the beginning of mankind. I also believe they are responsible for religion.

2.) If you believe in extraterrestrials what do you think one would look like, or how do you think they look? Since i do not have any personal experience of actually seeing an alien.

Small, grey, long arms, short legs. Having a large head, with large eyes.
There have been hundreds of different reports on what they actually look like, but this one has been the most reported.

When i was about 13, i witnessed an orange, diamond shaped object in the night sky. Performing outstanding maneuvers. The object descended rapidly, ascened and move past the horizon in the blink of an eye.

About 6 years ago, my mother had an encounter. I was inside at the time, she had just pulled into the driveway,came inside and told me she saw a triangle-shaped object in the sky, not moving. She ran inside to tell me, it was gone by the time i made it outside. My mother has never been interested in UFOs, or have any reason to lie. Especially after telling me she just saw an object, that would fit the description of the second most reported ufo

After i had my visual encounter with something that i could not explain. I became very interested in ufo's, aliens and the paranormal.

The definition of Supernatual is;

1. Of or relating to existence outside the natural world.
2. Attributed to a power that seems to violate or go beyond natural forces.
3. Of or relating to a deity.
4. Of or relating to the immediate exercise of divine power; miraculous.
5. Of or relating to the miraculous

Yes, i believe this describes them well.

I also believe there are different species visiting this planet and some ( according to some witness reports) are not visible until the photographic or video evidence is viewed later, or after it's been developed.

Many people relate this to ghosts as well.

On one hand, you have people reporting an abduction, but are merely describing a tragic moment in their life, and attributing it to ufo's, or aliens. Maybe from watching too many sci-fi movies.

On the other hand, there are some folks who have actually been taken. People who have passed lie detector tests, elderly people who report being abducted, and have no reason to make such claims. Men and Women in positions of authority who have reported being abducted.

As far as what they do, once they've abducted you? I look at it as, "What would humans do?" Probably horrible experiments on them, see how they "work"

Food Service

Ross Dole, northern Delaware.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That is a very interesting story with your mother. It seems that some people that have little or no belief in UFOs can have that turned completely upside down with a singular encounter. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
That is a very interesting story with your mother. It seems that some people that have little or no belief in UFOs can have that turned completely upside down with a singular encounter. Thanks for sharing!

oops i dunno how i accidentally posted that twice! Sorry

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Gobbo909]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
That was it for me. That was the moment when i truly believed we were not alone. She is as credible as they come.

I regret not getting her to file a report with our local UFO group, or even making a drawing of what she saw. Asking her now is pointless. memory fades, so her description of what she saw might not be accurate.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

They are a representation of our own consciousness, as are we all. They are there to help bring us to a new paradigm.

They are as we precieve them

I watched a star/ufo dance and disappear then reappear several times on late night. Had a friend who enjoyed the sight as well.

I have studied them with less ferocity than most of my interests but that is still quite more than the average person. I can hold a rather indepth coversation for a couple hours over it.

I believe they are some sort of form of us, that is to say in the same way that everything is some sort of us. But i do think that are hyperdemensional, nothing can travel like we think travel works for as far as they would need to travel to be just like us only older. they are not only techincally evolved but spiritually.

I do not believe in delusion, therefore if someone claims it happened to them then it is real. Why? Why does anyone do anything?

Life student who lives out of a backpack and is traveling where ever my spirit is called and learning whatever I am called to.

I do not have a name (i dropped it when I left my home on my journey) I ask people to create a new name for me when i meet them. I have recieved hundreds of names from hundreds of people. If you wish to site me, bring me to life; give me a name.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey there, I replied to your last post. Glad you finally decided to ask some questions

The universe is far too big a place for us to be alone in it. I think life is abundant in the universe and since many stars are much older than ours it would be safe to say some of them are far ahead of us. I think they have visited this planet and study us much like we study our own wildlife while perhaps interacting now and again.

I could say like the Gray type but that would be far too easy. Yes I do believe the grays exist. Knowing how life developed on this planet I could say there is no telling how life would go elsewhere. For example, the trilobite is natures failed experiment. They where in abundance millions of years ago later to disappear altogether. That is how natural selection works. Say that trilobite didn't go extinct and instead turned into something intelligent. They would look nothing like anything we have ever seen yet would still function as an intelligent species. What they look like is far too hard a question to answer.

I've seen some before. Where I live is kind of a hot spot so most everyone has seen one here. Mostly saucer type, one triangle in the last 2 years, but I see saucer type craft every couple months or so. Never been abducted nor contacted.

Curiosity killed the cat, so I guess I'm a dead man.
All jokes aside, there is too much evidence and too many sightings / personal accounts to ignore. You can't help but to be curious about them.

Yes and no. I'm a big follower of string theory which basically means I believe there are parallel universes of infinite probability strung together and only viewable by a higher dimensional being that can cross between said dimensions. However, I do believe that there are just as many regular ol' biological critters that maybe found a way to traverse the universes, or maybe they are from our universe. I think there are higher dimensional beings, but i have no basis, or evidence to know how frequently they travel into our universe onto our planet. So basically I think everything we encountered or may have encountered is just a regular ol flesh animal from outer space.

Look at how we study wildlife. We sedate them, tag them, get a DNA sample and let em go. I think its along those lines.

I am batman! I drive around and rescue people! (I'm an IT)

You can call me batman!

[edit on 14-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I believe that there are some lifeforms out there. The universe is really big and I think it would be selfish to think that we our the only living 'things' in the whole universe.

UFO-s - I believe that most of them are man-made.. Maybe some secret new planes or so.

Some humanoid form. Grey.

One of my families friends saw what she described a bright fast flying machine. It turned out that she wasn't the only one that saw it.

I am pretty interested of them. From time to time I search for new sightings reports and so.

I don't think they are supernatural.

There have been some pretty convincing cases of abductions from all over the world and all the victims describe them quite the same. So yeah, I believe in abductions.

Student.

Andreas from Estonia ( Europe ).

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gobbo909

I have seen and experienced unexplainable events.

They can look like anything a human can imagine.

see #1

More than casual

The human mind is to primitive to even conceive the reality of "the others"

I don't think abduction is an appropriate term but I don't know what the term should be either.

I work in the Movie industry

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
hey guys! Thanks again for all your opinions. I am going to start drafting my paper tonight (this morning?) lol. Again, thanks for sharing there are some good quality answers here. I am going to read them and analyze them in more depth now.

lol at the Batman

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
hey guys! Thanks again for all your opinions. I am going to start drafting my paper tonight (this morning?) lol. Again, thanks for sharing there are some good quality answers here. I am going to read them and analyze them in more depth now.

lol at the Batman

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I've never seen one, but I believe it's possible they exist. I saw a Bigfoot once with my own eyes. If I can see a Bigfoot, who am I to say someone else hasn't seen an alien?

Though I believe they may exist, I still haven't seen one. I think they look like Elvis, Simply because it would explain Los Vegas.

I was driving down the interstate one day and up ahead I saw an object that kept turning black and then to silver, then back to black then back to silver.

I just knew it was the mother ship, finally come to take me home.

When I finally got close I realized it was a flock of birds in an updraft. Still a kewl thing to see,

As for knowing someone, Please let me introduce you to Don Walton. I met him at a UFO Convention just this past weekend.

Don Walton.

Casual. I look up to the sky all the time and hope to see one, but those buggers avoid me like the plague. It's as if I could point my booty towards the sky and ask for a good probing and they would just fly on by. I don't know why, I've been told my booty isn't that bad looking.

You're mixing apples and oranges here. Angels, demons, ghosts, etc etc..those are the super natural beings. Aliens are the folks stuck in this time continuum. Just like us. They're just a bit more advanced, maybe.

I believe it's possible. I've met decent people who have told me they were abducted. It's not my place to call them a fraud. As to their goals, They are probably like ours. We split genes and graft plants trying to create the perfect rose. They seek perfection, as do we.

Jack of all trades, master of none. What's scary isn't that I've yet to find something I can't do, what's scary is I've yet to find something I'm not really good at. I will never be an expert on one thing, I have to keep finding something new to obsess over.

I'm mrwupy and I'm from ATS. Feel free to use that. Anyone who can do a decent search can find my real name and even my address. I don't worry about such things.

top topics

join