It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Martian biosphere destroyed by a nuclear war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
And could that also explain some of the craters on its surface, and the Valles Marineris and HUGE mountains?

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on 8/14/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
And could that also explain some of the craters on its surface, and the Valles Marineris and HUGE mountains?

I thought asteroid collisions caused craters...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I would assume if life ever did exist in abundance there, and that there was some conflict that caused the planet to die out, it would have to be far more powerful then a nuclear war.

A terra forming planet would rebuild itself regardless of the radiation, that would dissepate after a while. No I think it's something that we can't imagine weapon wise that could have turned an Oasis into something as stark and dry as Mars is now (well according to NASA anyway).

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

They do, but some of the craters seem like nuclear explosions, if you look at Google Mars.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I would assume if life ever did exist in abundance there, and that there was some conflict that caused the planet to die out, it would have to be far more powerful then a nuclear war.

A terra forming planet would rebuild itself regardless of the radiation, that would dissepate after a while. No I think it's something that we can't imagine weapon wise that could have turned an Oasis into something as stark and dry as Mars is now (well according to NASA anyway).

~Keeper

Very true.

I can see the "shadow" of a biosphere in Mars, when I'm on Google Mars. It's quite obvious it was once a world with life and people.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
there is an interesting theory that mars collided with a large planetary object some thousands of years ago. I definetly think that life existed there at some time in some form.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I made a map of the New Mars:

s728.photobucket.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yes, my theory is a nuclear war did take place on the surface of Mars between several factions one being humanoid one being alien and the other being Android. On Mars the planet's entire oxygenated biosphere was compromised and severely damaged by what I believe to be high altitude detinations of thermal nuclear devices including severe penetration of the stratosphere, higher level atmopshere and Troposphere, lower level, atmosphere.

This Thermal nuclear detination reaction enabled the moisture that turned to rising steam to escape through the giant holes in the total atmosphere containing the upper Ozone layer. The biosphere I am speaking of was originally protected by the envelope of the atmosphere which contained lifeforms, plants and vaste areas of water in other words an entire planet with complex biological Eco-systems.

Water was plentiful and oceans on the surface of Mars will and have been found and detected because of ancient seabeds of sealife fossils, salt and the chemical mineral makeup being found by the rover missions including Sojourner Pathfinder, Spirit and Opportunity. I call it painting by color to tell what minerals exist using photospectrometry.

You are asking why do I think there were several factions fighting on Mars? From my own observation from the blown out debre from what I call nuclear blasts concentrated by the craters edges contains what I believe I see as artifacts, skulls, glass marbles and ruins.

The Martians escaped to Earth to find safe harbor and a new lifes start in a place or region of dryer climate on Earth similar to where they came from on Mars. I believe I know where the Martians landed on Earth and their remnants have been left behind for a chosen few to find and explore.

The gatekeepers on Earth still to this day watch over this area where the Martians landed and will not give up the secrets and what they know to outsiders. To many what I just have written is a fairytale but to me it is as real as life. I am not here to prove anything this is my own personal observation of the past and the present.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by amari
Yes, my theory is a nuclear war did take place on the surface of Mars between several factions one being humanoid one being alien and the other being Android. On Mars the planet's entire oxygenated biosphere was compromised and severely damaged by what I believe to be high altitude detinations of thermal nuclear devices including severe penetration of the stratosphere, higher level atmopshere and Troposphere, lower level, atmosphere.

This Thermal nuclear detination reaction enabled the moisture that turned to rising steam to escape through the giant holes in the total atmosphere containing the upper Ozone layer. The biosphere I am speaking of was originally protected by the envelope of the atmosphere which contained lifeforms, plants and vaste areas of water in other words an entire planet with complex biological Eco-systems.

Water was plentiful and oceans on the surface of Mars will and have been found and detected because of ancient seabeds of sealife fossils, salt and the chemical mineral makeup being found by the rover missions including Sojourner Pathfinder, Spirit and Opportunity. I call it painting by color to tell what minerals exist using photospectrometry.

You are asking why do I think there were several factions fighting on Mars? From my own observation from the blown out debre from what I call nuclear blasts concentrated by the craters edges contains what I believe I see as artifacts, skulls, glass marbles and ruins.

The Martians escaped to Earth to find safe harbor and a new lifes start in a place or region of dryer climate on Earth similar to where they came from on Mars. I believe I know where the Martians landed on Earth and their remnants have been left behind for a chosen few to find and explore.

The gatekeepers on Earth still to this day watch over this area where the Martians landed and will not give up the secrets and what they know to outsiders. To many what I just have written is a fairytale but to me it is as real as life. I am not here to prove anything this is my own personal observation of the past and the present.

You know how they're talking about creating a volcano to blast stuff into the air and fight global warming?

could this possibly be what Olympus Mons is! mars generally isn't volcanic.
Olympus Mons geologically also reminds me a lot of Mauna Kea - which is unusual for having such a good look into space.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's kinda funny, actually, I had always considered that something catastrophic had happened on Mars. Nuclear? Possibly.

It just seems, to me, that Mars is just the result of some sort of disastrous event. Just by looking at pictures, it appears that something large went down there a long time ago. Then again, the only real things I have to compare this to are sci-fi movies and TV shows.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

They do, but some of the craters seem like nuclear explosions, if you look at Google Mars.

Please remember that Mars has a lower gravity than the Earth as its only 1/3 the size of us.
Nuclear weapons detonate above the ground to increase their blast area.
Underground explosions for subterranean dwellings would not be effective.

Not considering these points, could you provide an example of what a nuclear blast site looks like after millions of years of winds and erosion?

Very true.

I can see the "shadow" of a biosphere in Mars, when I'm on Google Mars. It's quite obvious it was once a world with life and people.

Could you give an idea of what part of Google Mars you're looking at?
More importantly, could you also provide a reference as to how you know what a "shadow" of a biosphere on an alien world looks like, taking into consideration that Earth and Mars are very different planets from atmospheric, composite, size, to importantly biological.

This thread is more sci-fi than fact

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymouse876
... I had always considered that something catastrophic had happened on Mars. Nuclear? Possibly.

It just seems, to me, that Mars is just the result of some sort of disastrous event. Just by looking at pictures, it appears that something large went down there a long time ago.

your on the proper tract...
but conventional science refuses to accept the idea that the present Asteroid Belt was once a water-world planet, aka: Vulcan, that exploded
[see google search on Exploding Planet Hypothesis (EPH)]

so Mars, once a moon, got swamped with water & debris from the exploded planet... and that s what primitive life remains & fossils on Mars
along with anamolous, odd landscape features on Mars are from.
It was not a world that life sprang from... a cosmic storm washed the land with the remnants from a doomed world... just as Earth itself was seeded by similar space debris about 3 billion years ago.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amari

You know how they're talking about creating a volcano to blast stuff into the air and fight global warming?

could this possibly be what Olympus Mons is! mars generally isn't volcanic.
Olympus Mons geologically also reminds me a lot of Mauna Kea - which is unusual for having such a good look into space.

Anything is possible but I think Martians had become more advanced then what we are at this time frame on Earth. If they had problems with global warming I believe the Martians took reflective nano crystals and placed them in outerspace encircling Mars to deflect some of the Sunlight and radiant heat off the planet.

Although the Sun is farther away from Mars then Earth I believe the light rays from the Sun start to super heat once hitting the atmospheres of both planets and causes what I call friction with light penetrating the air molecules.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

I agree with you Donny, some of the so called craters are markedly similar to damage done by bunker bombs re debris falling inwards..logical explanation 'someone' was endeavouring to get at the underground complexes, you have astute sight, many cannot pick up the obvious clues that are in front of their noses, and unfortunately you will always get the no brainers/scoffers whom will try to ridicule you whenever you are near the truth, lol makes me wonder whose paying them to keep homosapien in their stupified state....Google Mars has some great stuff if you have the time to give, some obvious fogging out per usual and the usual orangy images, but look past that and wow..good stuff!
Mars has been hit by an asteriod /similiar in ancient, but they recovered, the latest damage is Nuclear, we have vast underground complexes on Earth for the same reason, the elite, scientists etc., will survive, the guys left topside will have to fend for themselves..we have many more underground complexes than the ordinary Joe Bloggs could ever imagine, we hu mans clone animals/humans/ plants/vegetation etc., we have dna of Earth stuff/people on the Space station in case of Terra Firma demise, we have had devasting nuclear wars in ancient times re Sumarian & ancient India history,vimannas.....so what's unusual or new about life on another planet?? perhaps we could even be the remains of the Martian life that escaped, that would be the Ark of MARS with their elite scientists etc., perhaps even we Earthlings demolished Mars? could have been a war over minerals, think wider folk before you dismiss ....that could also explain the 15% of rh negative people on Earth. blood cannot be cloned, no rhesus monkey protien on their cells, more copper content than usual......mainly active pineal gland.... its a big Universe out there......full of life......
edit on 14-8-2011 by Alienzone88 because: typed Google Earth instead of Mars

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Heres a link to my images I have got off Nasa imagery over the years, there's some damn odd stuff one must agree...
some of the older Nasa imagery is, blue sky for Mars, then we were treated to red red red, sky ,soil etc., now its swinging back to blue, what got me in the early days re the dead planet Mars, was the dust storms, dust NEEDS atmosphere and air currents to move around..duh? and as we know those dust storms are violent! so Mars had air..Mars had tons of water underground, Nasas own imagery shows surface seepage, also some sort of growth/vegetation changing with the seasons.....I applaud Nasa for their brillant work, but please don't take us for fools...Mars has/ is been inhabited, what's Nasa's problem, or the ones behind the scenes? one can only speculate, would it upset the social structure/ie religons/control etc., of Earth? maybe someone blitzed Mars, if not us, was some outside force the culprit, do they pose a threat to Earth one day? hmmmmm, we do not KNOW that other planets in our solar system are NOT inhabited, only that life forms such as ours cannot exist on other planets, re Nasa ...there's a difference....so its minerals and high tech, whose flag will fly on Mars,....but.....if there''s someone on the Moon already, (as per a search light flicking on and off behind the astronauts)...... whose under the Martian surface?

historyandmystery.homestead.com...

top topics

join