It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another armed citizen shoots bad guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yet another armed citizen not taking crap from armed thugs.

why doesnt the national media pick up these shootings? because they show how being armed saves lives..??

A robber who walked into the Columbia downtown Alcoholics Anonymous center, pulled out a gun and demanded money was killed in a burst of gunfire from an AA visitor’s gun, police said.

“Gimme what you got,” witnesses quoted the robber as saying when he entered the AA building at 2015 College St. in Five Points about 10:48 p.m. Saturday. They said he brandished a .25-caliber handgun.

At that point, as one AA visitor dropped something on the floor — possibly his wallet — another AA visitor pulled out his own pistol and shot the robber “multiple times,” police said.

Columbia police reported that an 18-year-old man who attempted an armed robbery of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting late Saturday night at the ACOA Club at 2015 College St. in Five Points was shot and killed by someone in the meeting who police say carried a legally concealed handgun.

- Rich Glickstein/[email protected] /The State

Kayson Helms, 18, of Edison, N.J., was pronounced dead at Palmetto Health Richland at 11:24 p.m. Saturday.

Helms was identified by Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. His office notified the next of kin.

An autopsy Sunday showed bullets hit Helms in the abdomen, chest and neck, Watts said.

The AA visitor who fired his weapon and killed the suspect had a concealed weapons permit, police said.

Police declined to identify the shooter, saying an investigation is under way.

Police said they expect to release more information today after noon.

This is the second time in five weeks that a person with a concealed weapons permit has killed a person in the Midlands.

In early March, an Irmo pizza delivery man shot and killed an attacker who telephoned in a phony order. In that case, pizza man Christopher Miller shot and killed Paul Andrew Sturgill, 17, as Sturgill and three others tried to rob him, police said.

www.thestate.com...

you can read more of my stories just like this in this thread..www.abovetopsecret.com...\\\'

i made a new one so i could update and people woudnt have to read through the jibber jabber..

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Stuff like this warms my heart.

If this happened about five-hundred times a day around our country, it wouldn't take but another year or so, and we'd have culled the trash pretty good.

Now, just watch the State turds try to prosecute the shooter.

After all, they can't afford to have examples of lawful gunowners actually reducing crime!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Now, just watch the State turds try to prosecute the shooter.

After all, they can't afford to have examples of lawful gunowners actually reducing crime!

My thoughts exactly.
I figured the good guy with the legal gun and permit to carry it will be prosecuted.
And I love eeing stories like this just wish MSM would report this instead of all the bad guy ones. This man probably saved 5 lives today if not more.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

If this happened about five-hundred times a day around our country, it wouldn't take but another year or so, and we'd have culled the trash pretty good.

according to this.. www.pulpless.com...

its more than that, too bad even thats not enough..

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
To bad we don't have a "National Database" of every single incident on file with the specifics (both shots fired and non-violent though the non-violent stats would be way off due to non-reporting but at least we would have a few 10s of thousands of examples a year.) to truly give that Anti-2nd crowd a site to see.

Though I doubt they would read it.

They tend to want EVERYONE to be victims like our friends in the UK.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

What would be sad is if the visitor was joking, but then that would be his own fault... Andy Kaufman types would have a hard time nowadays. This was just running through my mind as I read the story.

Man vs. Man. The gun is merely an advantage point of either side. This fight was not about property. It was not about being in mortal danger(although this would be a quick response, before thinking about it). This was about "You have no right to tell me what to do," in the most extreme of circumstances. That's what it all boils down to, IMHO.

The law should be on the AA members side, not the visitor. We'll see how it all turns out though.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

A little brutal but atleast he won't be robbing anyone again. I'll say this the guy could've knee capped him but he also may have killed a future murderer. That in my book is a good thing. Good for both of these guys.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Beach Bum]

top topics

join