It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do I Send P.M's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is a big forum.

It is also extremely "cluttered" and badly laid out. Some might think it pretty but I see it as an invitation to lost information in a gaggle of blurry images and confusing lay out.

It must cost a few shekles to run. No doubt a few shekles are made.

I have been looking all over for a simple button that says - "P.M This Member" - i called my mum and she could'nt find it.

I googled "sending a p.m at ats" and got nothing.

So i must ask - could someone please explain to me how I send a P.M to someone?

I look forward to this forum.

Many thanks,

Sylvia.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SylviaPlath

You need 20 posts in order to have access to U2U, all you need to do is click MemCenter and look to the left, you'll find the U2U key, thats all.

Once you have your posts , you'll have an option to U2U any member on the boards on the bottom of all their posts.

And the archives are actually very well done once you know how to use the search feature at the top right and also learn to read the boards properly, don't worry you'll find your way around just fine.

You want confusing? Try disclose.tv, now that's a badly laid out website, the staff here go through alot of trouble in order to make it clean and nicely laid out, but we do have ALOT of information that crosses this place day in and day out.

Also try the ATS Freshman's Forum It should provide some insight on anything you need.
~Keeper

Edit To Add.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 4/13/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
At the bottom of every post you will see a little button that says, "U2U"

Just click on that.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Here on ATS they are called U2U you will see a "send U2U" below every post. You will also find your U2U in box in your members center there's a tab above in the ATS Control Bar when you get a U2U the member center tab will glow red.
As a new member you can only send U2U's to ATS Staff until you have made 20 posts, this is to stop any type of spam.
I have sent you a U2U, you will see the notice above.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You can find the member centre at the top right hand side of the tabs on the top of the screen. Click on it and you'll see your u2u link on the very top on the left. You can click this link for know to get to your member centre.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, if you know the member you want to u2u, you can find a post that they have made and at the bottom, there will be a tab that says "send u2u". Clicvk that and you'll go staraght to your u2u folder with the members name already in the to: box.

ETA: Your top bar will have a red "u2u" box lit up when you have one in your inbox. Clicking it will take you straight to the message.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the prompt replies.

Much appreciated.

I see I still need 34 more characters. I hope that does it.

Sylvia

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Hey there
Im here to help you through any issues you have, And im more than willing to help you find your way around ATS,
And though it seems a bit all over the place at first you soon find your way

Some threads that may also help,

Need help with how to post? Getting youtube links to work? or just what the icons are in posting..check my posting help thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Feel free to u2u me any questions you have..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
you will see a "send U2U" below every post

Since we're getting more and more new members to ATS, I've modified the button to say "send message" instead.

Also, referring to the opening post, the very-first link on the log-in page says this:
Once logged in, make sure you visit the Member Center (abbreviated "memcenter" in the board menu bar) to acquaint yourself with the added features of ATS, change your password, assign an avatar, send private messages, and more.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Funny, I noticed that this morning, when I was sending one. It was to a mod, so I thought they just had the "send message" on theirs. I didn't look on others.

Oh, btw: 100 is Great - no biggie, just perfect...... and IS consistent now.

Just thought I would mention that, since I was so vocal, insistent, and being an overall pain.... on Sunday.

One question...... how many hand fulls of hair did you want to rip out Sunday?

top topics

join