It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Military.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I believe Northrup got the all the cash.
I just don't think it all went to the B-2s.
They are building something else somewhere else in a
Black Program.
Lockheed Martin is doing the same thing.
I'm sure it includes a Gravity Wave Caterpillar Drive.
The USA has some spacecraft with incredible capabilities.
Russia knows this. It's probably driving Putin crazy.
They are falling further behind us with every year that passes.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Actually I wrote the original post for my Fiance in like 5 minutes who needed something quick for one of her classes. She forgot to write something so just in case she got called to read by the teacher and sure enough She did and had to read it for the class, the Teacher and the other students thought it was "Powerful" LOL

I guess her Teacher was easily impressed

So I decided to post it as a topic here.
It only got 7 stars here at ATS.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If it wasn't for the united states sticking its nose into future threats, we would all be speaking german or maybe japanese right now....i think there should be peace throughout the world but our bloody world is far from perfect and we will never have total peace....we have to weed out the butt heads before they drop a bomb on us for some stupid religious reason...Survival of the fittest will keep us alive for now....i like to type in caps , so shut up.... falcon51

Also see this:

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by falcon51
IF IT WASN'T FOR THE UNITED STATES STICKING ITS NOSE INTO FUTURE THREATS, WE WOULD ALL BE SPEAKING GERMAN OR MAYBE JAPANESE RIGHT NOW....I THINK THERE SHOULD BE PEACE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD BUT OUR BLOODY WORLD IS FAR FROM PERFECT AND WE WILL NEVER HAVE TOTAL PEACE....WE HAVE TO WEED OUT THE BUTT HEADS BEFORE THEY DROP A BOMB ON US FOR SOME STUPID RELIGIOUS REASON...SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST WILL KEEP US ALIVE FOR NOW....I LIKE TO TYPE IN CAPS , SO SHUT UP.... FALCON51 WWW.HEAVENSRANGERS.COM

what a bunch of nonsense this tired old argument is!!!!!!!!!!!! Allied banks and corporations were funding and supplying both sides of the war. I mean some of you are ignorant of history. You honestly think Germany came to be a superpower all by itself?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
All branches of the US military are the most professional, best trained, most effective, and best funded in the world, with the possible exception in certain instances being the IDF. Any problems have to do with higher authorities, not the rank and file.

That's all.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by f4rwest
I fully back EVERYTHING the USA has done. Anyone who thinks the world will be a better place if the USA removed itself from foreign affairs is straight up delirious. The resentment they feel towards the US is JEALOUSY, whether they realize it or not.

And whether you realise it or not, it's not jealousy. Just because you say it's true doesn't make it true. 'They're just jealous' is an old chestnut that gets rolled out too many times on here and why? It doesn't even make sense. What has the rest of the world got to be jealous about?

Jealousy suggests someone having something that someone else can't have. What has American got that the world can't have? America does it's damned best to push 'America' onto the rest of the world.

America will even go to war to spread it's own particular take of 'freedom and democracy' to other countries. America appears to want to fill every media outlet in the known universe with its 'entertainment' (which is also a useful conduit for spreading American ideals, themes and values through films &c). America similarly would like to see as many American brands and retail chains in every non-American high street and 'shopping mall' as possible, which has helped turned so much of Britain (and parts of the European mainland) into little identi-kit towns barely distinguishable from one and other or from 'shopping malls' in America itself.

Yes, America has got a huge military force but so what? What a lot of Americans don't seem to appreciate is that much of the world really don't care, particularly when it's combined with really weird macho attitude. It's like being cornered at bar or party by someone who spends too much time in a gym and is telling all the women (and men) to touch his biceps: 'look at the size of them!' You just come away feeling sorry for them rather than being impressed.

America, stop working on your biceps and start getting along with the rest of the world and you won't need half that military and that obscene amount of money you spend on it could go on more schools, more hospitals and more flags (or what ever it is you want to spend your money on).

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

America will even go to war to spread it's own particular take of 'freedom and democracy' to other countries. America appears to want to fill every media outlet in the known universe with its 'entertainment' (which is also a useful conduit for spreading American ideals, themes and values through films &c). America similarly would like to see as many American brands and retail chains in every non-American high street and 'shopping mall' as possible, which has helped turned so much of Britain (and parts of the European mainland) into little identi-kit towns barely distinguishable from one and other or from 'shopping malls' in America itself.

I agree with you on almost about everything except this little jewel here.
It seems that "Hollywood" Is aware of this little gem and makes movies that are not just for the Americans but for the global audiences they eat this crap up.

For example.
I remember visiting the UK in the early 90s and the people we were staying with loved watching of all things "Dallas" I hated that show!!!!

Here you have a show that was total garbage and not just the Americans enjoyed watching it but so did many around the globe. That's just one small example. I don't think that it was us forcing our crap on people. But rather people wanting to see this crap.

No offense to people who like Dallas my mom enjoyed that show

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The F22 might not be as good as they say. They've flown Eurofigters against F22's and apparently it's the European jet that has come out on top.

source

At least two F22's have also fallen out of the sky with out any fighting. They've just simply failed to fly.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by rhinoceros]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

WHAT report that the Eurofighters have done very well against the F-22 Raptors?

That source was two years old.

A single swarm of 30 hornets (yes, the bugs) can raid and kill 30,000 honey bees fighting in the defense of their hive without a loss to the hornets.

The bees are pissed, they're fighting with everything they have, but in just a few hours, they're all mangled and dead.

We have multiple examples of a fighter with one or two small advantages absolutely smoking significant numbers of slightly less advantageous fighters.

Since that report two years ago, pilots have developed significantly different tactics to take advantage of the significant technological benefits the F-22 enjoys over all other fighters.

The other factor is the weapons systems, radar systems, and of course pilot skills.

But, none of this will likely matter.

Our gutless President will do everything covertly he can to gut American advantages, such as limit the Raptor production.

I still stand amazed that Phantoms were built without guns, and even more amazed that this flying brick, jack-of-all-trades was able to shoot down anything.

Except for the pilots.

Always, the pilots.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting take on this.

I feel the us could us a leaner more effective fighting force. We may be streatched to the limits and with the recent economic down turn and the cost over runs of some of these top of the line weapons we may not be able to afford a military when and if we get in a real scrap.

Interesting perspective

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join