Debunking 2012 may be your April fools...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
"However, if you believe in the Bible to be true then you should know that the Bible Codes predict a comet to hit the earth in 2012. "

220 predictions for the end of the world.

And after that, 221, 222, 223, 224 . . .

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
"However, if you believe in the Bible to be true then you should know that the Bible Codes predict a comet to hit the earth in 2012. "

220 predictions for the end of the world.

And after that, 221, 222, 223, 224 . . .

You trimmed off the part where I noted who stated that quote. That would constitute lying if we were in court.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I trimmed nothing, go back and look. Quoted as posted.
Its too late now to go back and change it, even if it is a quote, still no need to get defensive, i just replied to why i think the code is flawed.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

No need for me to change it. You're the one that got it wrong. Live with it. And try to read better in the future.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
What did i get wrong? You have not answered one of my questions, you accuse me of not reading a thread when i have and clearly it is you who has not, you accuse me of altering your posts which i have not and you have derailed a thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE

If we could eliminating the petty sniping back and forth and stick to the thread topic that would be great.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I sincerely apologise, no harm meant, sorry to the OP .
I still think my first response to this thread is relevant, my answers 1 through 5, it may not be a perfect response but its what i base my opinion on, science and fact. It is easy to dismiss both sides of the 2012 argument, and no matter what you believe i cant expect to be the one to change that. But what would it take to change a believers point of view? I am for sure a 2012 skeptic/denyer, but that could change if some proof is shown to me, not just ancient writings or speculation of the future. Debunking 2012 is at the best a 50/50(probaly more like 85/15 for the skeptics) call and that is being generous, it MAY be a bad call, but what is the point of worrying yourself untill you possibly get ill for the next 3 years.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The problem I have with bible codes is that most are run on english translated books. And there are many different versions of the book which will all differ slightly. So the consistancy is not there. The bible is also a collection of different books all thrown together from different times, making it even more of a stretch.

The Romans also filtered through many of the books eliminating several before finally putting it all together and calling it the bible and christianity.

As for the Mayan angle, I actually do believe there is something to their wisdom, not quite sure what or if there will be some castestrophic event or not, but I think something will happen within our "nature"

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Hi all, just watched this on history channel it has a lot of interesting theory's on the discussion in hand. it just aired here in ireland . if its been posted before mods please remove if not enjoy

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-4-2009 by ronin-dex]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by ronin-dex]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Now I know why the prophecy of the bible says only 144,000 will be saved.

I feel really bad for some of you who are just a cog in a system of control. You do realize that is what your realiity is right. The lunacy is that you enjoy it.

I'd suggest since you would rather be entertained then critically think and investigate our claims for yourself, to go out and rent the "Matrix" trilogy. It is my favorite series and I have watched them 100's of times. Untill just the other day, I finally figured out the metaphors.

Neo = You
Machines/Agents = Illuminati
Morpehus = The current generation of whistleblowers / new age thought
People of Zion = Awakend individuals

I actually could prob go on forever with each character, but I'll save that for another day.

IMHO, It is crazy to not conisider that something more eventful then anything we have ever seen in our lifetime might come upon us.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

You did pick up Gawdzillas post wrong if you read it he was making a fool of the bible & bible codes by statting 220 predictions etc!

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum