It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking 2012 may be your April fools...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If you honestly believe nothing is going to happen then you are seriously mistaken. I can understand people not believing in a calendar that has a 3500 year end date. In my opinion no one knows the exact date but 2012 is a year that is different from other years. Most years are based on the Christian faith because they pray their Savior will come and rescue them. However, if you believe in the Bible to be true then you should know that the Bible Codes predict a comet to hit the earth in 2012. Some say the comet is a nuclear bomb.

Other events like y2k had nothing to do with Jesus coming back. Yet again, Christians make it as though their Savior is coming for them. Just like the year 060606 and 070707 it has nothing to do with Jesus coming back. That's because these numbers are based solely on Satan and God's number's 666 and 777. That is why I do not believe any Christian when they say Jesus is coming on so and so day.

Know if you are like most people and have done your research you will understand that 2012 is not just another date. It's fine if you don't believe in the Mayan Calendar but there are more scenarios that you can't just wave off.

1) First let's start with the Bible Code. The Bible Code states that a comet will hit the earth in 2012. It also says that a comet will be shattered in 2012. This giving the argument that the Bible Code contradicts itself. However, in Revelation 8 you will read about two comets that come into the earth atmosphere. One gives the scenario that it breaks apart and becomes hail with fire. The other states that a star hits the waters. However, some people believe the comet to be a nuclear bomb.

2) Scientist are saying that a major solar flare will hit the earth in the next few years. Of course, 2012 being the maximum time of the flares. I'm not certain on how big this flare will be but scientist are pretty concerned about it. Also, there are members on ATS who have posted threads about this.

3) New World Order is something that many people believe in. Most people believe the final stages are happening right now and there is no time to goof around. Some predict the government will try to kill 80% of the world's population. All of this is suppose to happen in the few years. This would bring 2012 into focus.

4) There are others who believe in Niburi and believe this planet will be seen by 2012. They predict earth shattering moments will happen as this planet gets closer to Earth. They have some pretty convincing arguments and many threads are posted about this planet here on ATS.

5) The Mayan Calendar. I'm not really sure what the Mayan Calendar is about however many people believe the Mayan Calendar is trying to warn us about something. I also know there are many threads here at ATS that discuss this topic.

As you notice there are many things that predict 2012 to be a special year. Honestly, I believe it could be anytime and 2012 could be the worst of it all. There is just too many things going on to say nothing is going to happen. You can try to debunk everything about 2012 but until that year is over with you can only wait to say, "I told you so!"

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

You can try to debunk everything about 2012 but until that year is over with you can only wait to say, "I told you so!"

Let's just stick with this comment...

As you have pointed out, we will have to wait to see...so, stop the 2012 fear mongering.

Know if you are like most people and have done your research you will understand that 2012 is not just another date

And for someone that knows little about the Mayan calendar (the prime instigator of these lame ass 2012 threads), you sure are poppin' off...

Shhhhhhhhhhh......

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The exactly same thing happens in taoism with the I-ching, it randomly stops in 2012!

Anyone else the stuff to do with that?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I sincerely hope you don't mean these Bible Codes because its a tenuous at best connection and more than likely just utter rubbish. I could pick any data set in the entire world, spend decades "studying" it and eventually I will find whatever it is I want to find. People have been looking to the bible for so many different reasons that I have a very hard time putting any stock into claims of it having some code embedded in it simply because the original language is so different from my native English, hell the fact that the document has been revised innumerable times means its highly unlikely that any code originally inserted could have been preserved to the current incarnations.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And to believe just could be your April fool, to think something is going to happen is being just as mistaken.

1- The bible code is seriously flawed, check out Brendon Mckay's research into the field, even 'Moby Dick and War and Piece' result in astounding predictions. The code is based on randomness and for every one scenario produced you can find a hundred more.
www.awitness.org...

2- Nothing new here, every 11 or so years we go through the same cycles and have done for millenia, these cycles can vary from time to time and have amitedly have had some effects on us in the past there has been nothing earth killing that has occured, why should this be any different.

3- NWO well maybe or maybe not its happening, if it is again not much will change, at least not in our generation, or outside of the US. The rest of the world will take more than 3 years to catch up on that one. Why would they want to kill 80% of people, that claim is plain ludicrous.

4- Well less said about Nibiru the better really, false right from the get go, up there with the bible code actually. The dilusions of an economics major after being proved wrong should never be taken too seriously.

5- Said it yourself, you dont know, i dont know, nobody knows what the Mayans were up to. But when a civilisation is lost you dont expect them to come up with an extension on there past works. No more Mayans, nobody left to extend their cycles/calendar.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

no offense, but if you sincerely think that something bad is going to happen in 2012, then why are you on here talking about it? you should be out living life because according to people like you, you only have 3 more years to 'live' ... so go out and enjoy your life, empty your savings on lavish trips, and quit your job (if you have one) ... waste it away, remember only 3 years to live!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Seriously dude... don't you have a streetcorner or something you should be standing on wearing a placard and ringing a bell instead of wasting time on the internet?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah good one Op

I wonder if its co-incidence when almost all these sources said something was going to happen in 1000AD and 2000AD.....they were wrong then so what makes you think they are going tio be right now.

And just for your information, Nibiru has failed to appear in 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2005....plus the creator of the Nibiru concept thinks its not going to appear to something like 2030ish....coveniently he will probably be too "dead" to be considered a fraud then

You can try to debunk everything about 2012 but until that year is over with you can only wait to say, "I told you so!"

Cant wait til 2012 comes and nothing happens....going to post this on your thread

I TOLD YOU SO

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
"However, if you believe in the Bible to be true then you should know that the Bible Codes predict a comet to hit the earth in 2012. "

220 predictions for the end of the world.

And after that, 221, 222, 223, 224 . . .

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Seriously, it is not about believing in the bible, it is the code that is flawed. You remember that catchy little ditty that was called 'Ice, ice, baby' by Vanilla ice, Well using the same code as the bible code even Mr Van Winkle it seems predicted 9/11. Bible code is a bad argument.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bputman

the only thing i put any real stock in about the end of the world comes from the Bible when it says No one except God knows when the world ends not Nostradamus not Edgar Cayce no one.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Seriously, it is not about believing in the bible, it is the code that is flawed. You remember that catchy little ditty that was called 'Ice, ice, baby' by Vanilla ice, Well using the same code as the bible code even Mr Van Winkle it seems predicted 9/11. Bible code is a bad argument.
www.liveleak.com...

Sorry, but what makes you think I ever listened to Vanilla Ice?

As for end-of-the-world predictions, they've been 100% wrong so far, what makes you think they'll get one right? Every predictor so far has been convinced as much as you are.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

I think H.G. Wells was more accurate is his depiction of the end of the world in his short story "The Time Machine" - than any prophet or fortune teller or "ancient misinterpreted civilization". In about a billion years, the Earth's oceans will boil away. After about 4 billion years, the Sun will enter it's Red Giant phase and likely consume the Earth as it's corona extends beyond Earth's orbit.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yes exactly PLEASE!!! keep thinking that i beg you cuz im still getting my food provisions put away and am moving next week to a secure location the less that believe the better chance us stupid 2012 people have to get ready before everyone goes and thinks its a good idea...peace

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Say "hi" to all the Y2K disaster people still living in the caves for me, please.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 13-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Did you not read my post?, have you not read this thread?
Do so now.

You are the one floating 2012 predictions, as per your previous post. You say and i quote
"However, if you believe in the Bible to be true then you should know that the Bible Codes predict a comet to hit the earth in 2012. " and then go on with a bunch of links from another thread.
I went on to say that the code is flawed my argument is to show how much the code is flawed, not for the first time in this thread either, and has nothing to do with the bible, bible one thing, bible code another thing.
Im convinced of what exactly? It is not hard to read what is posted in a thread with 15 posts.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You read my post, you noted it was quoted from the person I noted. So, no, I'm NOT floating predictions. Except one: you will continue to fail to read posts correctly.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 13-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
So whats the problem?
I misread what?
I still want to now what it is you think i am convinced of?
The only thing i put forward to you was a reply to your "Bible code links" Do you believe in the bible code? If not why so defensive? From your posts it would seem we are of the same belief, 2012 is rubbish, right?Again what is the problem?. If anything it was you who not only misread but failed to read anything else. To think i gave you the benefit of the doubt with your last locked thread.
I will be happy when school starts after easter.

*Ignore stick*

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's really comical to see how many people flame someone before they use their own common sense. The post was to show how 2012 is more than just a date or calendar. I never said I believe in the Bible Codes or anything else on this page. I stated that I believe something will happen because there are too many things adding up at once. Also, I never mentioned that I new everything about the NWO, Mayan calendar, etc. Geez.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Your confusion it appalling. I posted no bible code links. Try reading the thread. And noting who posted what.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join