It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a dictator?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is my first post, so apologize beforehand for any mistakes. All I am asking is a simple question, mainly focused at the NWO theorists who are also religious. Whether they are carbon copies of Jack van Impe and others or have formed their own views and opinions. My question is kind of a multi-parter and is as follows: if there is going to be a NWO and God has had part in creating this or allowing this to occur, how is he the good guy? Also, if God/Jesus is to disrupt or overthrow this and create a new world that is heaven on earth, how will the world be any less controlled? In my opinion, meaning based on my own logic, rationality and critical thinking, God is the ultimate dictator. According to the Merriam-Webster online dictionary, a Dictator is

1 a: a person granted absolute emergency power ; especially : one appointed by the senate of ancient Rome b: one holding complete autocratic control c: one ruling absolutely and often oppressively2: one that dictates.

And the definition of Tyrant from the same source:

1 a: an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b: a usurper of sovereignty2 a: a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b: one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

Now, if I'm not mistaken(and I don't think I am, considering the number of times I've read the bible and the apocryphal texts among many other religious/philosophical texts), God tells people what they can and cannot do, when they can and cannot do things, where they can and cannot go and what they can and cannot do there. He also tells people what they can and cannot say, oppresses those of different genders, races, and sexual orientations. He tells people how they must react to others, gives his own version of history(that is if he is in any way responsible for the bible), and creates a pseudoscience that is to replace real science. God affects how people think and what they think. If one does not abide by any of God's rules, he threatens some pretty terrible consequences. Now, he does allow you to repent, and he will forgive you, as long as it is under his conditions. If you replace God with the name of any dictator in history, this will fit perfectly. Also, this fits the above definition just as well. To make it worse, people follow him without ever having any contact with him and follow the rule of his iron fist based on their faith that he is real. Thus, they follow a dictator that might(and most likely) doesn't even exist. They then force this rule on anybody they can, furthering this tyrant's rule.
Thanks to ATS and ALL of its members.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hohuwah

As long as you have your dictionary out, perhaps you should look up theocracy. God is not a person, and most certainly has precedent over the now extinct toga-wearing Roman senate.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What an interesting notion you propose.

If god was a "person" as most christian and other religions would like you to view it, then yes he would be what our definition of a tyrant is. It's his way or highway, and unfortunetly that highway leads to a very hot place full of fire, death and torture.

However I don't believe god to be a person, I think even contemplating the idea of god is a bit ridiculous given the fact that we as human beings aren't equipped to understand such a magnificient concept.

Hopefully somebody who died and comes back will be able to tell us one of these days

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think the "God" in the Bible was a dictator.

I don't think our real creator is.

The theory that I believe is that the Bible is a true story but written in a different way. The so called "God" could have been an alien. Just like the Mayans thought that the Spanish sailors were "Gods". People could have called that dictator a "God" and the Bible was created.

One of the reasons I think the "God" in the bible is an alien is because he told people what to do, what to eat, he would kill people, etc. Just like you stated in the OP.

A loving God wouldn't do that.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes, thank you. I forgot to mention the whole God hypothetically being real thing. So, this is kind of a reply to debris765nju as well. I would like to add that the idea of a creator completely takes away from the beauty and intricacies of nature and our perceived reality. If there is a creator, I agree that such a theory is beyond our understanding, given the obvious paradoxes such as what created the creator.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Hohuwah]

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Hohuwah]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes he is pretty much a dictator in the Abrahamic religions.

But one thing, why is he nasty in Judaism and so called loving in Christianity?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdychemist

Well, if you follow the train of research, Jesus was the introduction of Buddhism and a lil bit of other far eastern religions into the middle eastern world. Sorry, I don't have any links for this, I'm at work and I only have a few minutes to post this and a few replies. But, a simple google search should find something.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Both Allah and Jehovah come across as Disciplinarians but…

One of my favourite Mottoes is “God is a Libertarian”
This is because; although he-they left us (in the form of abstract morality) many warnings and choices to make; it does seem there is almost nothing imaginable that he will actually stop us from doing.
Think of the worst thing you could possibly do; e.g. put a newborn baby inside a fire But then it’s already been done by someone else first (many times throughout history in fact).
Hitler killed 6 million Jews, Stalin 20 million prisoners, Chairman Meow about 50 million.

If God even slightly resembled a dictator surely people would have been prevented from doing at least some of these things?

On the contrary evil and poverty can be truly authoritarian-totalitarian.
E.g. 1. A miser who walks past a beggar thinks he exercises free will when he refuses to give money, but in actual fact his actions are about as predictable as a stone falling to the ground, so the more of a miser he is, the more he resembles the free will a penny has against falling to the ground (i.e. virtually none).

2. A thief thinks he’s in control when he steals, but runs the risk of becoming addicted to the thrill (known as Kleptomania)

3. A powerful drug baron thinks he’s in control of his life; even when his life has led him into only having minutes to live, or being years behind bars.

The fact humankind does not compromise some giant ant’s nest; (where granted everything is done “perfectly”) but no choices are made is surely proof enough that God is no dictator.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerdychemist
Yes he is pretty much a dictator in the Abrahamic religions.

But one thing, why is he nasty in Judaism and so called loving in Christianity?

I guess one might say we play by the Creators rules.

This might be the way of the Abrahamic persuasion as presented
by many of the followers. The premise seems to be to conform to
a way pleasing to God as assembled by the religious

Dealing with the contact with God and trials of the humans to relate
apparently is a source of the Judaic religion difficulty

Christianity being started by a divine boost after years of trials and
religious foundation brings out the love.

I just saw a Disparate Housewives episode that had one wife attending
a class for her Jewish conversion and the teacher described the Micva
of purification by water. That sure sounds like the practice on Baptism.
Yeah I think the foundation was there for Jesus to follow.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That is interesting as they say maybe either a Tara or Saraswati is believed by some people to be the female travelling with Jesus and he is said to be a Tibetan saint. I can't recall offhand what the exact details are

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It seems a little silly to hold God to definitions which were devised to describe humans, given that He is supposedly omniscient and all-powerful.

Are we to also to surmise that God is an anorexic, seeing as He is never observed to eat food?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hohuwah
if God/Jesus is to disrupt or overthrow this and create a new world that is heaven on earth, how will the world be any less controlled? In my opinion, meaning based on my own logic, rationality and critical thinking, God is the ultimate dictator.

good question.

you are right, god is not setting up a democracy but rather a monarchy. rule by one.

but this being a bad thing is based on certain assumptions.

1 - that just because it is a monarchy, it is bad. this is an irrational and absolutist statement. logically if a king has the subjects best interest in mind, then a ¨good¨ monarchy is possible.

to counter this with the phrase ¨absolute power corrupts absolutely¨ is also an irrational and absolutist assumption. just because man is corruptible does not imply that god lives by the same conditions.

2 - you assume that control is a bad thing. just as cages can be used to detain, or protect, so can laws have a duel usage.

god made adam and eve the way he wanted them to be. perfect. he then placed them in a garden. in this monarchy there was 1 rule. dont eat the fruit. it wasnt even a hard command to obey. does that sound like an oppressive monarchy to you?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
God doesn't really punish people. People punish themselves. To say he is a dictator is like saying someone who tells you not to stick you fingers in your eyes is a dictator.

The commandments are common sense.

Christianity is a satanic religion in general and follows Satan, so their god is not the real god. Their god is a dictator, and worse than any dictator this world has ever seen. Makes Saddam look like Jesus.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Would you care to explain how Christianity is "Satanic" exactly?

This seems a little silly, given that Satan represents the antithesis of Christian values...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Theocracy Verses Satanacy, so some will say we are just trading one dictator for another, this is true from a certain point of view.

If you know about Star Wars I will ask you this question then? Who would you rather rule a galaxy you live in, Yoda & Obi-wan Kenobi or Darth Sidious (The Emperor) & Darth Maul.

Now if you don't know anything about the Star Wars universe that will mean nothing to you. If you have seen the series think about it. You also know how evil forces can manipulate and manufacture horrible situations, that cause untold misery.

The point is we are so messed up on this earth right now from bad and evil leadership, we have no comprehension of what good and righteous leadership would feel like, how much of a massive improvement it would actually be.

The pure fact is, that only evil people would be unhappy with it. Because they would no longer be able to carry out their diabolical schemes of control and power, under the guise of total freedom.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I was not clear, but I am not trying to provide any positive or negative connotations, just a question. I'm not saying that God as a dictator/monarch is "bad." I'm just saying, "(s)He seems to fit the description, now what do you (fellow ATSers) think. Great reply though. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Great Point! I didn't really think of it that way. Now, that you mention it, I can think of a few Bible passages that show God making suggestions, rather than commands. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

Although this isn't aimed at me or my post, I do have friends that know a bit on the subject. I on the other hand do not know much. All I can tell you is that religions, rituals, and celebrations that revolve around sacrifice, sacrament, worshiping the dead, and demonizing of other gods is by definition satanic. Now, I cannot find much for the true definition of satanic as I said I do not know much on the topic and cannot get in contact with those who do at this time. Also, christianity has taken over so much of the world, that a simple search on the net seems to only find definitions relating to the Judea-Christian Satan. I guess people decided to forget about the Christian Satan's derivation from the middle-Eastern Ha-Satan and even earlier myths. Anyway, I hope I could help you at least get a basic understanding and/or begin your search for an even better one.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark
Would you care to explain how Christianity is "Satanic" exactly?

This seems a little silly, given that Satan represents the antithesis of Christian values...

I'm not sure where to start there is so much. But I guess for starters there is the fact that Christianity is a "new" religion since the time of Jesus, wasn't around back in his time. A "new" religion, in his name, which then gains political power with the Romans and proceeds to kill anyone who doesn't go along.

In fact, Christians sit around waiting for such things to happen without even realizing their own religion did and has done everything predicted of the anti-christ religion and continues to. A religion which will not be happy until it is the 1 world religion.

The entire religion is built off blood and sacrifice and the death of truth. And why? "So that you may live". Why is the death of truth needed for you to live? Because they live in the lie. Jesus was murdered because he threatened the powers of this world, and rather than taking in his example, christians go right along with it.

If Jesus was walking the earth today, Christians will reject him and call him the anti-christ. Where as Christians find "salvation" in the sacrifice of Jesus, I do not. I find salvation in his life, in his example, in his way and by following that.

Everything Jesus dealt with in his time is still present today with Christians, they just aren't called the same time. A preacher is just a rabbi. Christian leaders are just pharisees, a church is a synagogue(the real church is within), moneychangers are just bankers and so on. A rose by any other name smells the same, and if you looked at their fruits you can see that same rose, that same function. The names have changed to keep people ignorant. People actually believe there is a different between a christian and jew in the bible. People actually believe when Jesus says jew he is not talking about them and so on. But of course he is, Christians didn't exist in the time of Jesus. If you followed Jesus, then you were a jew.

But really, all you need to do is look at the fact that this "new" religion all happened after Jesus and before his "return". Where does it get such power? Who's kingdom is this?

Rev 2:9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev 3:9 I will make those who belong to the synagogue of Satan-those who claim to be Jews and aren't, but are lying-come and bow down at your feet. Then they will realize that I have loved you.

Synagogues of Satan = Christianity.

I only wish Christians actually followed Jesus. It would be nice, but they don't. Instead they just do things in his name.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

That is what Christians can expect, as that is what they have(in general, always exceptions) have done for thousands of years. They do many "great" works in the name of Jesus, but their actions are sins. Killing in his name and so forth.

Jesus != Christianity.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
God sets you free. is freedom in mind as the justness is in itself. Freedom and happiness. one glows and is extatic. Total Bliss. one that is with God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join