It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC police move in to re-educate our impressionable children

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician
1) Aboriginal Australian rights and history.

Oh god. This one is a killer. Little kids shouldn't be taught anything about natives! What is the government thinking! Natives are BARBARIC MONSTERS!

• So what has the government taught you to believe?

• Do you believe they'll tell those children the truth about the Aboriginals being used as human-guinea pigs & how they've (the government) treated most of them as if they were property of the government for generations?

• Do you believe the government will tell children the truth (and nothing but the truth) about the history of that land & the native-inhabitants?

This isn't (and never was) a good government. They do NOT serve the general-population. Yet, they want control over all of you.

2) Relationships with your family and friends

Psshh!!! !! WHAT THE #@$$#@ IS THIS?? IF I WERE IN AUSTRALIA I WOULD TAKE MY KID OUT OF SCHOOL THJERE IS NO WAY THEY ARE LEARNING ABOUT THIS CRAP!

• Do you believe the government wants families to trust each other, rather than strangers in the government?

• Do you honestly believe the government loves families, common-rights; privacy, freedom of speech, and peaceful protesters (especially whole-families working together to take control of their own lives)?

3) The importance of a community and your place in it

This is pure indoctrination. They'll OBVIOUSLY be teaching children that they are SLAVES TO THE FASCIST GOVERNMENT NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!!!

• Do you believe the government is going to tell the children that the "new world order" is bad for the world?

Think about what the government has been doing for years: Trying hard to force people to accept their "new world order". They'll teach children whatever the world-government is paying them to teach. They're not working for you or the parents & children.

4) Respecting the sexual orientation of others

OBVIOUSLY, GOD does not respect sexual orientation of gays AND NEITHER WILL MY CHILDREN! We are a land of God, not a land of heathens!

• Do you prefer heathens or common-religious groups?

The government doesn't care whether you like their ideas or not. They want to have full control over the minds of those children. They don't even care if the childrens' families are Christian, Muslim, heathen, or other.

5) Careers in education and why state teaching is a good profession

I'll be DAMNED if my CHILDREN grow up to be TEACHERS!!

• Don't you want the parents of those children to decide what their children are taught?

Again, the government doesn't care what you or those other people want them to teach. The government just wants to own all of you.

6) Explore the meaning and purpose of "culturally valued symbols"

SATANIC WORSHIP OBVIOUSLY!

• Do you believe the government hates the wicked mentioned in the "holy bible"?

If you don't know infamous people in government have a long history of worshiping false-idols, torturing people, and destroying lives, then you need to stop taking the governments' lessons. They've obviously convinced you that they mean no harm & couldn't possibly mislead a child under their supervision. They've even taught you to laugh at the thought of that, huh?

John Taylor Gatto - State Controlled Consciousness

[edit on 14-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Gday NH, I suspected you'd roll your eyes at my part! hehehe

I see these topics AS alternative, ie they haven't been taught before.

I think we need to remember that the primary school syllabus avoids most 'nasty' parts of history for 5 year olds. A childs mind at that age isn't exposed to horror movies or R rated movies and nor should what they learning be equally difficult to hear.

Teaching is more about cognitive development at that age rather than factual learning. Yes they should learn alternative topics, or the near genocide of indigenous Australians, but I dont want my 5 year learning in that detail just yet, though I do expect them to know it when they are old enough to process it.

This will lay the foundations for understanding. But that level should be given when a teenager or young adult can process it. The brain doesn't stop forming till late 20's .
Pace what they learn ...

As I said before this is media driven boredom that no one should fall for and as I 100% accuratley predicted they now have a new story with Qantas, this didn't even make the main commercial news tonight.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

No!!! Leave the children alone.

Children have so much to contend with, and they are already being brainwashed by their parents, however well-intentioned.

Do not allow the State to step in. They do not own other people's children, although obviously they are trying to.

This is a total nightmare.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

As I said before the state has controlled education for decades, This is not a nightmare, infact it is not even anything new. Bored with this now.

Perhaps you should recognise that the state already DOES teach 75% of Australians. Private schools must adhere to state approved curricula and grading standards, so it's not really anything new now...Its all a lot of hot air, they already do control ALL education, this is really about whether you approve of social awarness education, not whether you think the state should control education...it already does in one way or another 100%

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You seem to be so superior and give a big yawn.

I am against further indoctrination of small children.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

OK I don't think you have actually read the whole thread through.

All educaiton is mostly indoctrination. However I have no desire to live in a uneducated society.

This is about teaching at cognitive level stage about indigenous Australians, Multiculturalism, exposure to different social/family group. I see no problem with exposing children to this especially Indigenous Australians introduction, up till now the racism towards them stems from little understanding of them. It isnt FURTHER indoctrination or a false fact learning excercise, it is new syllabus/alternative if you like.

The syllabus needs to be changed to pave the way for better young adult learning on these topics. Would you prefer children to be taught racism and bigotry? If so, YAWN I am very bored now.

Later.....

[edit on 14-4-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

You are totally missing my point.

They are talking about getting in even earlier and doing the brainwashing then.

Also, it is not only about Australian children, it is about the whole world's children.

And a big yawn to you.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's offical... The 3 to 5 year old Austalian kids are smarter than those who are running the country and setting the agenda!

This is a stupid idea, just to keep a couple of beuocrats in the job, and put even more strain on well meaning teachers and carers, who are already streached to the limit.

Just another reason to homeschool your kids people!

p.s. I must declare my interest. My 4 year old will be running for office in the next election.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Home schooling or a 'product' of the State?

It's 'your' choice unless you consent 'choice' to another.

Has the State not dumbed down the children enough?

To what End?

If something doesn't make sense, more than likely, it was not meant to.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Not to sure about what goes on in the US, but I just looked up Home Schooling for Australia, and you must follow a minimum set standard for curriculum.

This means that the Gov can add this to the min set requirements, and you would have to teach it, whether you agreed or not.

As far as I am concerned, this is just BS to get a head line. Nothing more.

Like the internet filter, doubt this will go ahead.

Now lets all wait and see what comrade KRUDD has in store for us next!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LenGXV6
Like the internet filter, doubt this will go ahead.

It's funny you should say that HAHAHAHA

What ever happened to finger painting, show and tell, story time and nap time. I think back to when I was that age and how easy it was to manipulate me, I could have been told anything and I would have believed it. No I think this is a bad thing for children of that age and it makes me wonder what would be install for kids as they get older.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
yikes! Homeschooling is looking better and better! And to think I was complaining about this paper that came home instructing me how to teach my kids their phone number, stranger danger, not to answer the door, ect.. You know because wow I would have never known how to parent my own children otherwise. Thank god the school jumped in and sent me a flyer telling me how! [/sarcasm]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminottie

Great point, but sadly the IMPORTANT activities you mentioned are being side-stepped and replaced by indoctrination of our children.

Here in the states schools begin programming kids to be liberal, non-questioning, totally accepting citizens in kindergarten and this continues through highschool and college..

Further, they are taught it is only OK to question any activity or person that falls outside of the above.

Slow, progressive, the NWO.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perseus Apex
Home schooling or a 'product' of the State?

It's 'your' choice unless you consent 'choice' to another.

Has the State not dumbed down the children enough?

To what End?

If something doesn't make sense, more than likely, it was not meant to.

Hey, don't blame the state for YOUR CHILDREN'S FAULTS.

If you wouldn't HAND THEM OVER in the first place, you'd be able to BRAINWASH THEM YOURSELF into your own ABSURD BELIEF SYSTEM.

Give me a break. For a web site with a main goal of helping people voluntarily indoctrinate themselves into absurdity and illogical disreason, you got the choir here singing as loud as they can!

Here's a choice for you all:

Teach the young kids about the NEW WORLD ORDER, BRAINWASHING, and ALL THE BOGUS CONSPIRACIES OUT THERE.

... or just LET THEM BE KIDS.

.. let them be AUTONOMOUS KIDS WHO WILL GROW UP TO SHOVE YOUR LAME IDEAS BACK AT YOU, BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY ARE ALL FALSE.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hmm... so does this this mean that indigenous rights and history will now be taught to indigenous children by the government(!) and not by their own parents? Or does this only include white children.

I remember as a child at an Australian state school, not that long ago, being taught in 'Australian Studies' that Australia is unique for being one of the few countries settled peacefully, without a war being declared.
Ha! Thankfully, I grew up.

I anxiously await the majority of that continent's population to do the same.

actually, reading the article again I think that having aboriginal elders in the classroom is a brilliant idea. Having them speak to their parents would be good too.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

Wow, I seem to have touched a nerve.

What was 'that' all about?

I firmly believe in letting a child be a child while their young. It should be a 'majical' time of Discovery.

When they go to school these days, they seem to get corrupted by the agenda of the State.

Look at the horrendous dropout rate, violence and disobedience in the public school system these days!

Are you to 'subject' your child to That?

Are you an 'educator' or administrator in the system?

My wife has a Master's degree in education.

I hear the stories every day from herself and her co-workers.

It's gotten 'really' bad out there.

Why would you 'defend' this system?

It goes against Reason does it not?

A home schooled child could get all the education they need from kindergarten through to college Online. It is more economical for the local govts. and it is much, much more efficient. A child can learn much quicker at home without all of the distractions at school.

Some of the most brilliant children get bored at the slow pace of the school system. Even the 'gifted' classes can be quite slow.

After their daily classes while at home, a child should be encouraged to socialize with the local children (the good ones) and participate in extra curricular activities, wherever 'their' interest lies.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Is anyone here actually reading the six-month old, draft document in question? To me, it reads as a series of guidelines that are intended to be kept in mind while formulating curriculum. It does not appear to be the curriculum itself. More "don't use racial epithets in your classes", less "drum into the kids that racial epithets are bad".

And since inept parents already seem to hold the state responsible for their poorly-raised children, then it's probably time that the state actually started doing something about it, one way or another. If you're an engaged, dilligent parent, then you already know that you can educate your children to behave differently if you really have a problem with anything they hear at school.

Nezuji

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm glad I read zazz's posts so I don't feel so alone.

I think this is a good thing? The same way we are taught who the fireman and police are, not to break the rules, not judge people based on the color of their skin.

I mean... I kind of did this when I was a little kid. But different. I remember learning that some people have two mommies or two daddies. I have a really good book on that, actually, aimed towards maybe 7 year olds?

Politics are everywhere. I'd rather have them learn it this way, first.

Yes, and tailor the rest to reality.

I'd be happier knowing that other parent's kids are getting information on this stuff.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by ravenshadow13]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join