It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President Obama Haters.......Question

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

As I said, I dont disagree with Obama's orders.

Still doesnt change the fact that we are authorizing deadly force against a group that has not killed anyone. That USED to be unamerican.

They got what they deserved? You need to do a little more research on the topic. These people are people destroyed, and are taking the only action they can to provide some sort of a standard of living.

I wonder if you would feel the same if you economy was destroyed, your ecosystem raped, you livelihood stolen...would you not take action to provide for yourself?

Just to clarify, Somali pirates have killed and used the threat of killing in their actions:

www.antara.co.id... i-fisherman/

news.bbc.co.uk...

english.horseedmedia.net...

Piracy prone areas and warnings

Live piracy report

Now, let's go back to talking about how they're righteously lashing out at everyone else for the ruin that their country is in... Bulk carriers transiting the Gulf of Aden? Yup, they're probably responsible for all the misery in their country.. Tugs transiting? Them too. Ships 285 nautical miles offshore? (That's 328 statute miles or 527 kilometers.) Obviously the source of their economic ruin. The pirates are doing it for the good of their people and the environment. Why can't we all just see that!?

The majority of foreign flag sailors that I've worked with were Filipino, Malaysian, Pakistani, or Honduran. This changes from region to region, but most of them will be from third world countries. All of them are trying to make an honest living for their family back home. Many of them work six months straight so that they can go home for a month to be with their family. Six months... On a ship.... Think about that. How can these sailors possibly expect anyone to care about them and their plight when we have pirates to throw our sympathies at?

[edit on 14-4-2009 by zeropistons]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well really that's just a matter of common sense. Obama is going to put on the facade that he's protecting Americans. How bad would it look if he just bent to the will of a few pirates?

All dog and ponny as far as I'm concerned. He is human after all.

~Keeper

I totally agree with you. Although shooting people is wrong, it IS for a reason and the pirates did provoke us. Obama is only protecting a respected citizen of the United States, there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Obama facade protecting Americans.

I just had a revelation, that's absolutely wonderful!

=D

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Obama right now is cleaning up the mess of W. He will be doing this for years to come. His successor will continue to do this. You want to bash him already, go ahead. But it's much more complicated then you realize.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoUsernameHere
Obama right now is cleaning up the mess of W. He will be doing this for years to come. His successor will continue to do this. You want to bash him already, go ahead. But it's much more complicated then you realize.
Amen! and "preach it, brother" (or sister
)! This is the crux of the matter. It is so complicated I don't think any one person can fix anything! I think everybody should give the man and his advisors a little more time before passing judgement. I am so happy the captain and the crew of the M Alabama, are safe and home.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I sincerely hope obama didn't outline any strategy in this situation,the guys a lawyer and a politician.He wouldn't have the faintest idea what to do,leave it to the experts for crying out loud who deal with such situations all the time and are trained to do so,they should give the word after examining the situation...politicians are not the jack of all trades,all though they like to think they are.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This is part of the reason I don't like Obama? It's because he is fake. He also doesn't give a crap about America or the direction in which it is headed. He is just like all the other clowns in Washington who care more about their money and power then the American people. They are also put in that position by people of power not by the people of America. Every president is an actor and Obama is no different. He will lie, steal, and cheat with a smile on his face. Don't be fooled by cheap shenadigans.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I believe that obama believes that he had something to do with this. As to whether he actually did or not, i doubt it.

TheAssociate

top topics

<< 1   >>

join