It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Wants Dollar Tied To Inflation - Bet Washington and Fed are NOT Happy with that

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 11andrew34

Exactly. I have been trying to get this point across on every thread that claims China owns the US. It is complete BS and is funny how uninformed people are. It doesnt make much difference anyhow. China isnt going to sell all of their bonds and they are not going to stop buying US treasuries. The dollar is still the safest investment out of all the currencies.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Yes, but Obama is doing with our current deficit is what was done in 1945 to end our the Great Depression.

Guess what, didn't create hyperinflation then, and won't now.

Even though it is now said that government intervention actually prolonged the Great Depression?

It was not Government intervention that got us out of the last Great Depression, it was a World War...

People like you think the US is to big to fail, but if we continue adding 50% more spending then what we are able to afford per year bases, things will get very bad.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Exactly they don't own the US of A......but, if they go crazy they can bankrupt the US. Of course they can't do that without bankrupting themselves.

China=US and US=China
China/US=Chinus and US/China=Uschin
China/2=USX2 and US/2=ChinaX2
.......Etc, etc, etc....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Oh, im not saying things arent bad. Just that, while we stink, we stink a lil less then everyone else in the world.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11andrew34

Originally posted by Albertarocks if they [China] wanted to completely annilhilate the USA, they could do it in a heartbeat simply by announcing that they would be buying no more US treasuries...

Total BS. Laughable, often repeated around here, and total BS.

Another chest thumper. You just aren't listening. If you don't think China has that much clout, why do you think Hilary went over there all puckered up? China holds 40% of total US debt, and you're trying to tell me that the American people hold more than China does? If the mighty and wealthy American household is the supplier of cash to the government's borrowing habits, how long do you think they can keep this up when the economy is losing 650,000 jobs per month? Will they be able to come up with the $3 billion required for this month and another $3 billion for next month and the next and the next? Good luck with that! You're not making any sense here my friend.

Obviously you don't like hearing a message like mine from anybody who's not an American. So don't listen to me... ask Peter Schiff. Keep thumping and keep denying all you want, but that's not going to change the facts.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They definately want the Yuan to be the new World Currency. In fact, Russia is fully backing them on it. It probably won't be called the Yuan but same idea, different name.

If Russia backs them then you can be certain Iran, Venezuela, etc. Will be right behind it too.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox News

The Government failed to spend enough money to get us out of the depression. Only until the end of WW II when fed gov debt far exceeded GDP did we emerge from the great depression.

The data is out there if you want to look.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Wow, I thought I had already posted this link here. That is strange, I can't find it here.

China holds only 6.63% of U.S. debt. The fed res holds 43.06%, other investors 33.04%. China holds less than 24% of the U.S. debt held by foreigners. You also have to figure how much impact collapsing the U.S. dollar will have on China's trading partners, which would be massive. Then of course not only would it be extremely hard on China's economy, their ability to export goods which drives their economy, it would also create a great deal of ill will against China. Chance are good that a trade war would then begin, and that would pretty much kill China's growth, if not their total economy.

www.goldworld.com...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Poet you're completely right that China would never the US to collapse. They rely on US consumerism to fuel their economy. I don't know the exact numbers but 6% is true it still is a huge amount of debt they own.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
China hold 40% (approx.) of US debt, outside the USA. For the FED to owe itself almost 5 trillion dollars is further insanity that I wasn't even aware of. Man, it's so much worse than I thought. And it isn't gonna be the FED who will repay that 5 trillion to itself, they're gonna saddle the innocent American people with it and tax them all the way to hell and back again over the next 20 years. The people of the USA won't take it for much longer, I don't think.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Please get over yourselves yanks - its so boring having to listen to your daily back slapping how your the greatest - most of you haven't been outside your own country - and trust me - your the ONLY ones who think your even half decent.

The reality is that the Chinese intend to replace American consumerism with European, Asian and most importantly Chinese consumerism. The Chinese are expanding their consumer class - remember they have almost 4 USA's worth of consumers to call upon to do this. They have been stock piling resources etc.

When the chinese start demanding chinese goods with chinese money - and at the same time devalue the us dollar by dumping it - then americans with american dollars - which need to be traded for yuan to buy a simple toaster will be totally unable to afford it.

The Chinese RIGHT NOW, not next week, not maybe, not they "cant afford to lose America" are dumping US reserves and buying as much commodity and stockpiling it as they can - read the frigging news its happening right now.

They are buying precious metals, copper, zinc, ore etc all in favour of US treasury bonds.

This is happening today. Vedeta the south american iron ore companies has started dumping iron ore on china at spot prices (market) as opposed to contract prices. This means the whole market is collapsing and the Chinese are using their reserves to purchase commodity reserves and dump us dollars.

Already happening. Its done and the US is going to get bent over.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Umm, maybe you should try doing some math. Like I said earlier, backed by your own link, China holds less than 24% of U.S. FOREIGN held debt.

Total U.S. debt held by major foreign holders, $3,072.2B, amount held by China, 739.6B. I will give you a hint, 10% of 3,072.2 is approximately 307.2. If you do the math you will see that is less than 24% of foreign held debt. Total U.S. debt is well over 10,000B. See the link that I provided.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

You are absolutely right, the U.S. is a horrible place. Why would anyone in their right mind ever want to come and live in this country. Anyone with half a brain knows that China is the place to go, the future of the planet.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
China has recently accounced that they will be buying more US treasuries. Yes they are also buying up copper, gold, silver etc but as the original post said and it is correct they are buying US inflation.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So....I hate to say I told you so (You know who you are), yet here we are. This is an interesting step for China to take. It is unrealistic which is why they are currently stocking up on Raw Materials of all kinds now. If they can get the dollar tied to inflation then they can keep buying our debt and get a substantial return before the bubble bursts.

This is why Central Banks are dangerous. They have us completly at their mercy right now, and even though this doesn't seem like a reasonable request by Chinese leadership, imaging, if you will, how they would punish us if we said 'no'. I'm sure you guys have all seen my posts. In a few of them in the "Up-to-the-minute" market thread, and in others like "Don't know why we're in a Global Depression" thread I have illustrated the battle plan, and make no mistake, we may have caused the financial crisis, but the Chinese have been preparing for this patiently for quite some time, waiting for the right moment to strike at the heart of the Fractional Reserve system, and thus it's Great Enemy-The United States.

I recommend you read these posts and tell me it's not happening:

From Thread: Don't Understand Why We Are In A Global Depression? Read This Thread. Page 1

From Thread: Don't Understand Why We Are In A Global Depression? Read This Thread. Page 3

Bit o' Depression History:

When the Federal Reserve took over in 1914 and began to oversee the construction of Fractional Reserve Banking system, they counted on the fact that unlimited credit reserve would destroy the dollar prematurely if left to the gold standard, inflation would run rampant as their would be much more credit between M2 and M3 than there would be gold in any reserve within a decade or so...And they were right. Only they didn't tell the story that way.

Enter Modern Money Mechanics(PDF)
Wikipedia Article for layman reference

What they said is that the Gold standard got in the way of growth and was responsible for keeping wages low. If the Federal Reserve had not turned to Fractional Reserve there would have been no argument for abolishing or altering the Gold Standard, we would still have a very powerful currency today if the Gold standard had been maintained, but I digress.

There may not have been Credit Cards, CDO or MBS back then, but there was Credit. And that Credit was in the form of payment reciepts of all kinds, cheques, and stocks that we traded constantly without any real money changing hands. At the time, the US was fervently "isolationist" which is just a Bankster term for Nation that won't play ball with us. Much of our Credit woes leading up to the Great Depression was of our own making. And it was later, when the Banksters finally got the US into the War, that the Credit Crunch eased and the money earned by individuals and families for the War Effort was heavily invested in Government bonds of all types giving new strength and value to the US Green Back.

Then Bretton Woods. And the Gold system was done away with entirely. And the Age of Fractional Credit based on gold green backs gave way to John Maynard Keynes, and the Federal Reserve's fiat Green Back. And then the 70's came, and China saw it's first glimpse of the potential inflationary destruction of their enemy. And they bough, patiently saved, and waited.

The Rest is history, and here we are. This kind of war is VERY NEW. At least to us. And it is very important to understand, once and for all, (NSA, CIA, FBI, Obama if you're reading this listen up) that this is a reality for us now. This is the New Battle Ground. You'd better get acquainted quickly.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by projectvxn]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join