It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something strange in the skies near Kuwait...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I decided to remove the info I posted...The meteor theory posted below sounds like a great explanation to me...thanks to everyone that replied!!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by GodzMustBeCrazy]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well, first, i can speak for everybody when i say that since you got the report did that include a pic? Also what government agency do you work for? By answering those questions then you can become a little bit more credible in my mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No, no pic, it was just strictly a text report. I work for DHS, like I said, I'm not claiming to be a gov't insider by any means, I just thought this was something that was very interesting.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes it is interesting, im not trying to be confrontational or anything was just wondering, thats all. So have you ever gotten other reports like this or of extraterrestrials?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
No problem, trust me I understand...No this is the first time I have ever seen anything strange like this, the reports are normally of ignorant people acting stupid on planes
sometimes it's quite funny.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It sounds like a possible meteor to me, seeing that from an airplane would be awesome. Do you know if they heard any sounds from whatever it was?

Airliner/military aircraft report a ufo emitting blue-green flame

Even people familiar with normal meteors can be fooled by unusually bright fireballs. Here is an example quoted by Philip Klass in his book UFOs Explained (Random House, 1974). Pilots aboard a commercial jet flying at 39,000 ft over the United States in 1969 were reportedly buzzed in daylight at a distance of 300 ft by a formation of four objects emitting a blue-green flame. A military jet flying some miles behind the airliner reported a squadron of UFOs approaching that suddenly started to climb as if to avoid a collision.

Source

Maybe they are just checking out our aircraft?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by phrankie79]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
From the report it was strictly visual...I copy and pasted the description, I didn't want to copy and paste anymore as it is SSI, I know it didn't receive any press coverage and the crew was interviewed by phone by the F B I...The plane was on a self imposed delay as of this morning, and it was schedule to depart later on today...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GodzMustBeCrazy

so what are some of those stupid people incidents?
sounds pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracySquid7

so what are some of those stupid people incidents?
sounds pretty funny.

They may not be funny to you, but to me with my sick sense of humor it's hilarious. Here's one from today about some passengers getting into a fight on the plane. All the ....... are personally identifying info I removed...

Disruptive Passenger Cited at ........ At 1702 hours on April 10 a ...... reported that at 1540 hours, .......... requested LEOs respond to the gate due to a disruptive passenger on ............. which had just arrived at the gate. The flight had landed at 1519 hours. The flight crew reported that during the flight, passenger .......... got into a verbal argument with passenger ................ after ............. pushed her seat back. WALL was seated behind ............. The argument escalated until ............. struck ...... No injuries were reported.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'd be really careful about releasing ANY SSI information. It's been years since I worked with SSI information and I'm still careful about releasing it. You can lose your job for releasing even seemingly innocuous information that's considered SSI.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Very good point...Just found this incident strange, I think the meteor idea sounds like a good explanation though. Should I delete this thread or info in it? Or can a mod delete it for me?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by GodzMustBeCrazy]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This sounds like the description of a "typical" (if there is such a thing) bright and fairly long lasting meteor. Vivid colors like green and blue are quite common in brighter meteors. Description of speed and shape also match.

People often mistake meteors for UFOs or planes about to crash - meteors have a strange knack for playing tricks on unsuspecting eyes. The brain has trouble interpreting the size, distance and therefore the actual speed of a light source/object in the sky with no/few visual cues, so it makes up the missing information. This is the basic principal of an optical illusion, and the nature meteors (brief and bright) makes them ideal candidates.

Here's a guide I wrote listing the characteristics of meteors that you might like to look at:
Seen a swift/very swift moving light (colored or white) in the sky?

Here's my collection of ATS links on the subject of meteors that you might also find useful:
Another Meteor Fireball: Ireland
UFO mar31/09 streaks across calgary sky leaves a lot of people asking..
Loud explosions in Hampton Roads area
UFO-induced "Non--sonic" Boom Rattles So. Cal?
UFO - meteor like object with sonic boom above Dallas and Austin Texas!
Possible UFO crash in Saudi Arabia - Millions Of Witnesses!!
Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada
Big blue light over sweden
UFO over Tok Alaska
Nice video footage of Meteor over Croatia
Green meteor/fireball sighting?
Heads up - it's a Taurid Swarm year!
Utah meteor?
Green Meteorite (??) spotted North of Toronto
Russian News: Camera Recorded Strange UFO at Night
Clay tablet sheds new light on ancient asteroid "impact" in Köfels
Fireball Over Polk County
Green Fireball UFO crash in Oregon last night
Bright Meteor 10/9/08 seen over Chicago. Did anyone see it?
Fireball in sky, 1st November
Fireball lights up night sky in Switzerland March 01/08
Mysterious Fireball Prompts Dozens Of 911 Calls
Big fireball SW USA - 18th Jan
Mysterious "Fireball" seen over 4 US states Today
Monday, Jan. 19th at 16:28 UT, a huge fireball was seen in western Norway
Reports of ANOTHER very large fireball
A few meters planetoid will hit Earth
Major Bolide Forecast Tonight; No Damage Expected
A Shooting Star?
meteor 10-9-08
Bolide Footage From Melbourne
weird green ball with tail
Possible UFO Crash In Finland (Video)
Unusual Observation

General meteor related threads:
green shooting stars
NASA Begins Hunt for New Meteor Showers
Seen a swift/very swift moving light (colored or white) in the sky?

Meteor (external) links:
DID I ACTUALLY SEE A FIREBALL LAND NEAR ME?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Just in the future be really careful about putting any information up. I don't see where this would cause a problem, but you never know.

I'd hate to see you lose your job over something minor.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Just in the future be really careful about putting any information up. I don't see where this would cause a problem, but you never know.

I'd hate to see you lose your job over something minor.

I was hesitant about posting in the first place...it was just too interesting to resist
but you are absolutely right...Thanks for the replies!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
You did originally mean the report your friend got?
J/k

That's how "they" work really, scare you in some way, so you don't go public.

Too bad alot of people are put into this situation and we never hear what they had to say.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by phrankie79]

top topics

join