It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite 'Natural' Brands May Not Be What They Seem, huh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Favorite 'Natural' Brands May Not Be What They Seem, huh?

[url=http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/11/Your-Favorite-Natural-Brands-May-Not-Be-What-They-Seem.aspx]articles.mercola.com[/u rl]

Many of the products you may trust and respect for their independence and social responsibility are now owned by big corporations that are going out of their way to hide their link to the small, socially responsible brands.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I am so disappointed with this realization, I have been buying organic and in fact have bought Stonyfield Yogurt and Horizon Organic Milk and to hear that the big corporation are the ones handling these products is a bit mindboggling to me. You know as long as they keep the ingredients organic (stick with the original ingredients) and no chemicals or preservatives are added. I can see why they would purchase the companies, 16 billion in U.S. dollars are being made with sales for "Organic" or "Natural" branded foods. Of course they want a piece of that pie but I just hope that these big companies don’t start altering the recipes and we will no longer have a true organic food that is healthy and good for you food.

This worries me because I feel that a lot of these chemicals, preservatives and hormones given to animals are causing the main part of sicknesses in people. I wanted to share with you all.

[url=http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/04/11/Your-Favorite-Natural-Brands-May-Not-Be-What-They-Seem.aspx]articles.mercola.com[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It happens all over various industries. Another area I know does this alot is the Premium Beer Market. Blue Moon is owned by Coors, yet it says it's made by "Blue Moon Brewing Company." Stella Artois and Beck's are produced by Anheuser Busch.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When they make the claims that they are made of natural or organic products, can we rely on that, or are they just words? What I mean is, even though these products are now owned by ridiculously huge multi-national companies, if they make the claim that the products are natural and organic, aren't they obligated to maintain that quality?

I'm so disappointed! Thanks for the info, though. It is important to know.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I found some info. o this website:
www.live-the-organic-life.com...

A food labeled "all natural" can contain:
pesticides
herbicides
toxic heavy metals
trace amounts of PCBs
toxic fluoride
hidden MSG
high-temperature cooking byproducts
synthetic chemical vitamins
other non-natural substances

According to the FDA – their definition of “natural”…

Natural foods are processed without preservatives or additives, but may have been grown with the use of pesticides or other conventional methods. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulates the term ‘natural’ only as it applies to added color, synthetic substances, and flavors. The term ‘natural’ can include free-range and hormone-free, and it can mean that a product contains no synthetic ingredients or color additives. However, you should always check the label to be sure of a product’s ingredients.

go here: to see How to read Food Labels:
www.live-the-organic-life.com...

Organic farming is also regulated by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) according to strict quality standards for growing and handling. To locate USDA Certified Organic products in the store, look for the USDA seal which ensures the product is 95-100% organic

Note:
This worries me so much, How am I to stay healthy and hopefully not have a sickness or develop a sickness sometime in my life if I have to eat all that $%#^ in my food ? I think I am going to die of some strange ailment or condition because the USDA allows this to happen.

Take care of yourself, all!

new topics

top topics

join