It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice that the Thai Millitary is using the M16 rifle?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Anyone notice that the Thai Millitary is using the M16 assult riffle? I wonder what part the United States plays in supplying the Thai militatry with weapons?

I was just watching CNN and they showed the Thai millitary running around with M16's. I was expecting to see them using AK-47's. Every solder I saw on TV had a M16.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Colt makes the M16. Anyone can buy it. (with proper paperwork) Most armys use the AK47 because it's cheap, reliable, and the clips and ammo are left everywhere on the battlefield. the M16 is not as reliable but if taken care of, is a great weapon. Alot of special forces units use the MP5. It's not just for our side.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.fas.org...

Thailand is the United States’ closest ally in Southeast Asia.

Thailand is also one of the leading importers of U.S. arms in the region. Since 1987, the United States has shipped $3.4 billion dollars worth of arms to Thailand.

The source fas is normally very good...

The Federation of American Scientists (FAS) is a non-profit organization ... Endorsed by 68 Nobel Laureates[2] in chemistry, economics, medicine and physics

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 13/4/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Palestinian militants and Israeli soldiers use M-16's too. Weapons makers will sell it to anybody with the $$$.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

top topics

join