It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 the mayans big joke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Maybe they just thought future generations would be so advanced beyond them by that point, that they did it to scare them out of being lazy because of technological advances that could destroy the world...but that's candy coated thinking. There's way too many instances that point to 2012 as being a great time of change. Doesn't the date just look perfect and sound perfect for something? Maybe aliens will arrive before then, and then that date will be when they turn on us?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

Well, if you had a bunch of drunk, redneck, backwoods of the universe hillbillies shouting obscenities and shooting at you...wouldn't you turn on them too?

I think if any other species ever comes to this planet...they're in for some serious disappointment and frustration. Humans, collectively, won't be able to handle a mass visitation...there will be too much mass hysteria.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i think that the human conciousness is going to change and that we are going to unlock and discover abilities we once had that had become dormant.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Humans are learning, we could very well be on to something. We're advancing in many things and I think we finally could be right, Im not sure acutally I am moree nuetral. One thing is clear to me is the Mayans didnt intend on making 2012 our death date. Where ever you guys thought this your wrong becuase Maya stelae occasionally show dates beyond 2012. Most of these are in the form of distance dates, where a Long Count date is given with a distance date to be added. For example, on the Tablet of Inscriptions from Palenque the following Long Count date was found: 9.8.9.13.0 8 Ahau 13 Pop (March 24, 603 Gregorian) with a distance date of 10.11.10.5.8. The resulting date is given as 1.0.0.0.0.8 5 Lamat 1 Mol, or October 21, 4772 — almost 3,000 years into the future. The king Pacal of Palenque predicted that on this date the eightieth Calendar Round anniversary of his accession will be celebrated, suggesting he did not believe the world would end in 2012.So maybbe 2012 is just a wake up call to earth. We may get a little shooken up maybe a message from the gods or just from the earth its self telling us we need to look around us and realize what we are doing.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charis
What I don't get is, the Mayans had this very advanced knowledge of the heavens and were able to construct a detailed and accurate calendar, but at the same time were into human sacrifices and ripping the still-beating hearts out of their victims to sacrifice to their "gods". Okay, so they made a cool calendar. That doesn't make them wise, and that doesn't make them prophets.

Well nobodys perfect

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mintwithahole.
All this 2012 end of the world nonsense, just because the Mayan calendar ends that year, is the worst nonsense I've heard in a long time.

Say, why don't you do a little research before writing all this off as merely some Mayan nonsense. This really has nothing to do with the Mayan people, or any prophecy, or their calendar. The 2012 event is actually our solar systems galactic equinox, and THAT is NOT a MYTH! The Mayans simple knew more about all this and our galaxy than you obviously do. Forget about the Mayans, the alignment of their calendar, this really has nothing to do with them. Research the "galactic equinox" and you'll learn what 2012 REALLY means.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am one to appreciate the idea that they just couldn't figure out how to continue the calender because they hit some kind of block in their understanding of space/bodies out there. Like they discovered oh, ok, we'll be stuck out in some part of the galaxy we haven't been able to map or figure out yet, or something. So they just ended it there. And then possibly got freaked out by it. And now in modern times, with the pressure building, world events not looking so fine, we get even more paranoid...
I have no problem believing were in for some Sh*t hitting the fan, and who knows, maybe even global destruction, or vast destruction at least. But I just don't see enough evidence for the 2012 stuff out there. Too much confusion and hysterics going on about it.
Don't think it's a joke, just a manifestation of human fear and imagination or something, grown on top of the whole 2012 date.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think that it will just be another day trying to get everything together before 12/25/12.

There is just so much running around that has to be done before the holidays that I'll probably miss this so I won't be online to make raspberry noises at the doomsday crowd.

Either that or I'll be barricaded in my homestead fending off hoards of unprepared people.

Either way, it will be an interesting point in time.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

All this 2012 end of the world nonsense, just because the Mayan calendar ends that year, is the worst nonsense I've heard in a long time.

Say, why don't you do a little research before writing all this off as merely some Mayan nonsense. This really has nothing to do with the Mayan people, or any prophecy, or their calendar. The 2012 event is actually our solar systems galactic equinox, and THAT is NOT a MYTH! The Mayans simple knew more about all this and our galaxy than you obviously do. Forget about the Mayans, the alignment of their calendar, this really has nothing to do with them. Research the "galactic equinox" and you'll learn what 2012 REALLY means.

Your signature says, dont be so open mnded that your brains fall out. If I was you I would take a look at that brain matter sitting on your shoulder! I'll bet you were one of those who believed in the millenium scaremongering weren't you? As it happens, so was I ! That's why I no longer take any notice of this kind of foolish talk. Equinox's have happened before. The alignment you speak of has happened before and you and I are still here to talk about it.
Don't be taken in by the scaremongerers. Nothing will happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I'll bet you were one of those who believed in the millenium scaremongering weren't you?

Come on now, get real, that whole millenium thang was MAN MADE, created by HUMONS.

The alignment you speak of has happened before and you and I are still here to talk about it.

Incorrect. You and I and everyone else here were NOT around during previous galactic equinox alignments. The dinosaurs were around prior to one of those events though, and they disappeared when the Earth was struck by space rocks as our solar system passed through that debris field. And, it's not just all that debris that we should be concerned about, there is also that flattened gravity wave, the galactic plane itself, to worry about, which can flip our planets poles, disturb our own planets gravity, the moon too, and it can also affect the sun, and the climate upon all the planets in our solar system.

Don't be taken in by the scaremongerers. Nothing will happen.

Now you see, how do YOU know THAT? Don't tell me you have some kind of time machine and have traveled into the future to determine that THIS TIME our planet will NOT experience some catastrophic events as we cross that galactic plane and transit through all that debris? You're just making that up, aren't you?

Do a little research, look at all the past major changes that have occurred upon the Earth during the last two times our solar system experienced this equinox. The evidence can not be denied. The galactic equinox is a REAL event.

What is a complete mystery though is how them Mayans knew this stuff, when most people alive today haven't a clue about this stuff. How did those primitive people know about galaxies, our galaxy, our solar system, and our position and movement through our galaxy? THAT is the only part of this which remains a mystery.

Do yourselves a favor and spend a couple of months researching this, read everything you can find about this. This is a REAL cyclic event, and there is sufficient proof to convince anyone that is willing to dig into this. Of course, you won't find this stuff printed in school text books, this is something that our government has known about since 1910 and have been attempting to cover up ever since. It wouldn't surprise me if the government had shills out on the Internet discrediting those that KNOW, such as what you're doing. "Nothing to worry about here folks!" Yeah, right, let me see your crystal ball, ha. There is absolutely no way that YOU could possibly know whether we'll all survive this or not, and so I must question YOUR credibility and motive for saying something nobody could possibly know. I've read just about everything I can find on this event and not even I can say NOTHING will happen THIS TIME! All I can say is that terrible disasters have happened upon the Earth during the last two galactic equinoxes, and that is enough to convince me that this is a real and dangerous upon coming event. Check it out for yourself, don't merely believe me.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I'd like to ask you a question. When you were doing all this research on 2012, did you just read stuff that agreed with the opinion you already held, or did you read a variety of stuff from various sources?

I ask this question because you mentioned the extinction of the dinosaurs and your belief they were killed at the time of another galactic equinox when the Earth passed through a "debris field". I find that interesting since, from what I know, nobody knows the exact date of the event that killed off the dinosaurs, so how could you possibly conclude it coincided with the date of a previous galactic equinox?

I've been trying to keep an open mind about this issue, and I'm willing to accept that the Mayans were well ahead of their time in the field of astrononomy, and this poses some interesting questions about where they came by their knowledge and whether it has any deeper meaning. It muddies the waters of serious scientific inquiry when people begin making claims without offering a shred of proof.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charis
I'd like to ask you a question. When you were doing all this research on 2012, did you just read stuff that agreed with the opinion you already held, or did you read a variety of stuff from various sources?

I read everything I could find, from the ridiculous to the credible.

I ask this question because you mentioned the extinction of the dinosaurs and your belief they were killed at the time of another galactic equinox when the Earth passed through a "debris field". I find that interesting since, from what I know, nobody knows the exact date of the event that killed off the dinosaurs, so how could you possibly conclude it coincided with the date of a previous galactic equinox?

That was the more difficult thing to figure out. First of all, there doesn't seem to be that many astronomers that know beans about our solar systems procession through and around our galaxy. Some claim that the galactic equinox happens every 26,000 or so years. Others claim that it happens every 33 million or so years. Based upon a bunch of archeological evidence related to dramatic Earth changes, I subscribe to the once every 33 million years or so cycle. If you dig into the archeological evidence, you'll see that SOMETHING dramatic happens on and to our planet roughly every 33 million years. The dinosaurs disappearance seems to coincide with one of these equinoxes, two equinoxes ago (or rather, one complete up/down cycle ago).

I've been trying to keep an open mind about this issue, and I'm willing to accept that the Mayans were well ahead of their time in the field of astrononomy, and this poses some interesting questions about where they came by their knowledge and whether it has any deeper meaning. It muddies the waters of serious scientific inquiry when people begin making claims without offering a shred of proof.

That is a big mystery .. how on Earth did the Mayan people know about this event. There are a few ideas I've come up with that might explain how they knew.

The first thought that came to mind concerning how they knew is that maybe the galactic equinox does happen every 26,000 or so years. If this were the case, then there could have been a great civilization on Earth before ours, and they got whacked bad 26,000 years ago. And, it's possible that the survivors knew what happened and tried to make it a point to pass this knowledge down through their descendants. Of course, over the many years and changes humanity went through, that knowledge could have been mostly lost, or turned into a myth.

The other though that came to mind is that visitors from out there came to Earth to warn life on Earth about the impending doom that lies ahead for us and our planet.

It really is a perplexing mystery how the Mayans knew about this stuff. I doubt they figured this out on their own given their lack of technology back then. They didn't even have telescopes. So, either this information was passed down from generation to generation, or someone that knew told them.

This is not an easy topic to research, because if this is true, that every time our solar system passes through the galactic plane it gets whacked bad (and not just by rocks, but by passing through that gravity wave which IS our galactic plane), this is information that you can bet your LEEEEEADERS do not want YOU to know about, especially us that will be alive when this happens again. Imagine what would happen if it was announced that BIG DOOM was coming to Earth in 2012? Would you go to work tomorrow? Would you pay your bills any more? Would you worry about committing a crime that could get you life in prison if we all only had a few more years to go? Total chaos and madness would break out if it were known and proven without a doubt that the end of life and civilization as we've known it is just a few years away.

I remember finding some documents dated way back in 1910 that I found in some NASA database that described our solar systems procession through the galaxy which seemed to confirm the indeed we are approaching the galactic equinox in 2012. Those documents had nothing to do with what will happen, it was merely a highly technical and mathematical calculation of when it will happen. It does seem that someone out there in our world KNOWS the truth, and for the reason I mentioned above, are keeping it a secret. Now .. with this in mind .. sit and wonder WHY our government has supposedly built some kind of underground survival bunker under that new Denver airport. First, it's located at a high elevation. Second, it's far from both coastlines and it's built in solid rock. Third, it's quickly and easily accessible during an emergency if you have an airplane. Think about this. Think about all the past Earth changes, changes that has sunken continents, split continents, created mountains and valleys, shifted our poles, brought about ice ages, and massive extinctions, etc. Think about all those secret underground bases and tunnels that governments around the world have been building during these recent last number of years. Think about that seed vault in Norway. Think about what is causing global warming upon Earth and our other planets as we approach 2012.

It's a LOT to think about .. but once you've spent a hell of a lot of time like I have reading about all this, it sure does seem to come together to form a pretty alarming story. Of course, not everyone has the time to dig this deep into all this, but I've been retired since 1996, so I've nothing but time on my hands, and so I've had the luxury of being able to spend that much time digging into this. After gathering so much information about everything possibly related to this, it's hard to form any other kind of picture. The galactic equinox is a REAL up coming event .. and even if we do not get clobbered by a bunch of space rocks .. passing through that gravity wave that holds our galaxy together and keeps it spinning is an ALARMING thing to think about. Even if the only thing that happens is that our poles suddenly flip as we pass through to the underside of our galaxy, that alone is alarming enough. Think about it .. SOMETHING must explain all these dramatic cyclic Earth changes .. and if it's NOT the galactic equinox, then YOU tell me what causes all those changes. ??

I've spoken with others that have dug into this even deeper than I have, and those that are much brighter and more educated than me, those that have a good understanding of celestial dynamics, and they too have come to the same conclusions: the galactic equinox is NOT going to be a typical days for any of us! What will happen this time is anybodies guess, but based upon what has happened before I'm glad I decided to retire back in 1996 when I was just 39 .. instead of waiting until some time after I'm dead in 2012.

Enjoy what time you have left and live each day as if it will be your last. It's what I am doing because I am quite convinced that something will happen in 2012 (or slightly earlier or later) that will change EVERYTHING as we know it now. And, be prepared for the worst, just in case you do survive this. I'd hate to survive the Earth changes that are coming yet end up dead from of starvation because I failed to stock up on provisions. Really, I have already prepared and have stockpiled a boatload of freeze dried food in case I do survive this. Imagine if the worst to happen was worsening global warming and a severe food shortage. I may not be able to stop an asteroid, but I certainly do not want to die because of a lack of planning and preparedness.
Be prepared. It's like auto insurance .. I don't expect to have an auto accident tomorrow .. but I will be prepared never the less just in case!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

The very most LOGICAL answer, look at us for example we don't even print calenders until it's actually that year now LOL...

I'm sure they felt accomplished then they reached 2000 years also because after designing one so accurate,one everyone could understand and conform to why keep on going when the people of that last year carved could finish what you started?

That year of changing might possibly just mean a new date timetable just like how we have went from B.C. to A.C. 2012 marks the time for a new timetable most likely something called "P.C." since everything is suppose to go digital lol hello 4g network!!!

and there's already a thread on here that the world might even be older than 6000 years and I don't care if all this universe has been around for 200, Trillion Earth Years and 'One Million Lightyears, just 2000 years is enough to convince me this actual "universe" ain't going nowhere, look at the other planets and don't even mention Pluto being dis-counted that was to make you believe in a new planet coming into the atmosphere (Planet X) lol omg A Generation X B-Movie Rip off this time we've named the follow up Planet X. heh.

And then you all must ask yourselves this, why would the Creator get rid of something he began himself? That would be like him committing suicide, whether you want to look at it as that or not.

And as far as the "Holy War" that goes hand in hand with the New Time-Table Change the Mayans were referring to, just like the flood civilization will be wiped out the same way the Cavemen and Dinosaurs were, and all the life that was previously here whether be positive souls or negative souls they all return to the life stream which nothing more than the very essence of where we came, it's same resting place of where the thought of Adam and Eve's creation came into existence, that same very place we all consider Heaven.

We will be returned to our Creator in the end, the source, the life stream.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hezekiah

And here's some food for thought

There was a time when we ALL use to refer to this place as "Mother Earth", What is the earth mainly filled with more continents or water?

Most will agree water, the very same will also recognize our bodies are made up of 78% water when born and the same very place we exit from the "Womb" is form those we call our MOTHERS which also has water within, Jordan Maxwell has explained the importance of water,the womb, and the purpose of birth certificates in detail plenty of times.

When you are baptized, you are baptized in water, only it's labeled "Holy" and its the most famous Biblical place for this is Jordan River, but never the less you are being re-entered into the same substance you wash your body with daily and the same substance you came out of, the main component of your body, and not only its that which is the source of life in itself.

Women's role and essential essence in life has been censored for centuries ever since Mary Madgalane (real name Mirium) was chosen to continue the message of the Divine son in the flesh which is that of the sole Creator of all himself.

Many wont tell you that the actual creator given when decides to take a human form is just like actual Angels, they are Androgynous

I mean surely you've thought such things? Especially given the VERY VERY old B.C. pictures depicted of Angels were naked but had no genitals not that they didn't want to show if they had them or not for pervasive artwork given that there were of course artists who have always made rather "explicit artwork" before the thought of the Porn Industry came into existence and Playboy was put on newstands..

But NO they painted them Androgynous because these creations of that of the VERY sole creator had no genitals.

The rebellion of Lucifer gives you detail that Angels were made from things such as water,air,and famously Lucifer was made from fire. Not only that even Churches preach he was the most "Beautiful" of all the Angels and he was also Chief before he rebelled.

And I'm sure you can accept the fact that there were Androgynous beings once you remember Adam and Eve were both created in that of the deity's very own image.

So either we have very very beautiful possibly with feminine features MALE God and league of Angels or we have both a God and the Creations co-existing as both counter-parts (male/female) just without the actual "features" of what makes the opposite genders.

That explains the reason why there was a 2nd rebellion in Heaven with the Fallen Angels from the Book of Enoch lusting after the daughters of men and creating the offspring known as the Nephilim basically giants (David vs Goliath)

It's also noted in the Book of Enoch when the descended from the Heavens (which we call space) they took form of humans, same way demons can appear as apparitions of whoever you wish them to be.

And there's the cold hard thought through truth that some never want to admit but is really the only most logical answer.

But some would rather believe in evolution, they really need to watch
"A Trip Into The Supernatual: With Roger Morneau" and take some demonology lessons.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by hezekiah]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just remember all that the Gregorian calendar is off, by how much we can only guess. My family has a friend in Homeland Security that has been briefed that it will be 2010 when the solar storms that could wipe out the power grids occur. Is that the big event? Who knows, it could just be a precursor to polar shift, climate change, major natural disasters, concentration camps, socialist dictatorship worldwide, etc.........It's all speculation but it's better to be reasonably safe than sorry. If you think that someone who has bought land quit their job, is studying the Amish way of life and has pretty much gone off grid is crazy maybe you're right or maybe you will be one of the people that is getting shot at on that person's land because you're hungry, because YOU were unprepared. Like I say it's all speculation but let's all be reasonably prepared, not everyone is going to leave there day to day life to hide in some abandoned house hundreds of miles from civilization or in a cave for that matter!!! However it may be smart to get atleast a trailer or something on a small piece of land away from the city and put away a small amount of food, just in case and then if things don't work out rent the friggin trailer out as a rustic retreat or sell the land for a higher price than you bought it for and make a profit. And as for the extra food if nothing happens, well at least you won't have to make many trips to the store for staples like flour, sugar, baking powder, oil, wheat, (depending on how extreme you are) gasoline, water, etc.......Keep up the good work ATS!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think there is nothing at all to this. Just because the Mayans had to end their age SOMEwhere, doesn't make that timeline the end of the world as we know it.

Not saying nothing will happen though. Nothing like self-fulling prophecies. I can see everyone going nuts because something is supposed to happen, causing something unpleasant to happen, even when nothing was GOING to happen in the first place.

Even the creator of this silly theory is pushing the date back. Probably is still expecting royalties from his books after 2012, and nothing occurring would probably put a slight damper on sales.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
One thing I do not understand, is how the solar calender year 2012 AD, is somehow equivalent to the end of the mayan calender? Wasn't that supposed to be in 1998, when the "galactic alignment" really occurred, and nothing happened?

Again, this is not the first time we hear about the end of the world.. nor will it be the last.

IC

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If, like I'm lead to believe the Mayan calendar was written on stone walls couldn't it just be a case of them running out of space when they reached 2012? If they had had more room perhaps we would be saying that the end of the world, according to the Mayans, is centuries away?
I've read the OPs theory fully and no one can say that they haven't done their research but I still believe that nothing will happen. At least I hope nothing will happen!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

I think you hit the nail on the head. I want to agree with this. I honestly think everyone made great comments, and truly we won't know till it happens. Although it would be nice. It's is funny to think about though, just imagine what future generations might think of us.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, aside from the annoying hype of 2012 and the people making money off of this much like any religious leader who makes ridiculous end-time date, I think the History Channel had a doc on this stating mostly that the earth's poles would rotate or the earth would be aligned with the sun or something, but other than that, I think we can all bet the government is preparing for this much like the over-hyped Y2k thing. If anything earth-changing really happens, it'll be started by man. Nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join