It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov Buckles under pressure releases 244,966 documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Just like it says I had to do some searching to find out of it was true it is Im still looking for a link to where to find the 244,966 documents though I have a news story link I am posting here.

Documents Story

How many of them will contain information about UFO and other things we will just have to wait and see

Falcon

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I certianly hope there will be some UFO documents without blacked out lines, but i'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Reguardless, I applaud President Obama, which I rarely do, for getting these out in the open.

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Michael Regan is going to have a baby over this, and an ugly one at that. I wonder if he will again wish death upon Mark Dice out of rage.

I am curious what secrets.... Would this make it onto wikileaks? My conspiracy theory is that Reagan is not dead, he's in some underground bunker pulling the strings.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Finally, some more good news about Obama. If he keeps this up I might have more respect for him! Now this news needs to be publicized from the rooftops until the government makes the documents easily accessible. I want to start searching for UFO documents, like yesterday!!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
An interesting note from the article:

The Obama decision does not address the consequences of another executive order that George W. Bush signed on November 1, 2001. That order gave former presidents and former vice-presidents, and their families after they die, the right to continue preventing the release of their papers. Not only that, but, according to Bush’s executive order, even if an ex-president wants to release his papers to the public, the sitting president has the right to bar their release anyway.

I believe it's more important for Obama to do away with that Order. In it Bush clearly demonstrated that he lacks the comprehension of the line that exists dividing the person who is President and the Office of the President. Not surprising I suppose all things considered, but that should be corrected out of respect for the Office itself.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I agree. If it ever came about that something in those protected documents needed to be released because of a new issue, there needs to be some program in place to do so. Because dead presidents cannot know if those documents will be necessary or not in the future.

top topics

join