It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows a prominent 62 million year mass extinction cycle - We are on the brink of the next one

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Originally posted by Heyyo_yoyo

Edit to add:

Ok folks - I've looked at info on Sagittarius A* and the link provided shows a picture of it shot by Chandra.

THE IMAGE SHOWS NO AXIAL PLASMA JETS ANYWHERE... TO THE CONTRARY IT APPEARS THAT THE PLASMA JETS ARE DIRECTLY FACING US!!!

This has GOT to be the smoking gun of all the damn silence. If this is indeed the case, this is beyond mind blowing!

those jets of exotic quantum energies and gamma ray energies pointing directly at us are what Paul Violette has been saying all along... that there will be a Cosmic SuperWave to hit Earth & this whole local bubble of star

we need to understand that the Wave/Jets/Galactic energy plane is something we will pass through in one theory
IOW this plane of exotic energies are a constant radiating phenomena from the galactic core

or else....some 26 thousand light years ago, the galactic core had a hiccup... and the galactic explosion from the central core source will radiate to all points in a 10 second to 60 second gigantic blast as the unhindered GRB expands to the edge of the Galaxy itself.....

we have possibly seen these explosions in distant galaxies and termed them magnetic star bursts or maybe SuperNova...

maybe in the near future a blast will flood our horizons with a electric blue light for (3) days-&-nights, (blocking out the natural yellow-white Sunlight)

then afterwards our Earth & Solar System as a whole unit will begin its travel towards the galactic center as all the galaxy collapses into the gigantic black hole of a instantly and rapidly growing small SaggitariusA into a hugemongus 10 billion solar masses black hole.

Then... if all this takes place.. it matters not if the mathematical & physical Galactic 'equatorial' plane is above or below our solar system. Its thought we are presently 2 LY_ above the galactic plane right now.
And this hypothetical 'Energy Plane'//'photon-belt' is only a theory by thinkers out-of-the-box, and we don't know where its sitiuated in Galactic space.

if the cycle remains... then after the GRB,
things will return to normal, and the solar system will contine the orbital wobble
which passes above then below the Galactic Equator plane every 62MY or 5 passes**
through the plane every Galaxy rotation which is estimated to be ~appox. every 250MY

** Isn't 5 one of the basic configurations of the mandebot series? (spelling) and one of the basic designs in Nature
++ its all interwoven, in the eyes of a CT person++
edit on 7-7-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Bingo! Thanks for the info St Udio... and thanks for the reply Phage, your input is valuable. my points of conjecture, please bear with me. While I don't see the xray referrence I could speculate that the lobes the harvard site points out are just that, however given that plasma matter shot out in lobe like globs in that image also look like matter being shot directly at us.

I mean think about these two points. 1 - we've seen these jets imaged by chandra from smaller black holes. In infra red they are quite visable. In the infra red shots of Sag. a*, a SUPER MASSIVE black hole, we wouldn't see just lobes, but super massive streams of ejecta with them. They're just not there.

Here's the chaos variable: 2 - We're part of the Sagittarius galaxy, NOT the Milkyway galaxy, which both currently are in collision mode. could the intertwining gravity wells of these two galactic cores be causing sag a* to wobble, thus creating a disruptive cycle of it's jets?

the 62 million year question, and the 26,000 year question can easily be answered by such a model.

your speculation, gentlemen?

This might just be the smoking gun behind all the silence...

To your credit St Udio, indeed the secondary conjecture of what I will instead term the blast ring from a galactic core HYPERNOVA from the ultimate mergance of these two galactic cores...

would definetly be something to go underground for...
edit on 7-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

You don't know the significance of x-ray jets yet you insist that no jets are seen from Sagittarius A?

1) The lobes and jets are seen from Sagittarius A.

2) Why do you say we are part of Sagittarius Dwarf and not the Milky Way? What difference does it make?

edit on 7/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Extinction cycles? Reminds me of Mass Effect.

(Hope I didn't spoil anything here)

However, I do think that if these calculations are correct, and the next major extinction is about to happen, it still is far away. If it happens every 62 million years, a few thousand years plus or minus won't really matter. But for mankind, a few thousand years are a rather long time.

So either way, it sounds a little more like sensationalism to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whipfather
If it happens every 62 million years,

It doesn't. Here's the main known extinction events. See a 65my pattern? I don't ....

Quaternary extinction event - 50 ka to now*
Middle Miocene disruption - 14.5 Ma
Eocene–Oligocene extinction event - 33.9 Ma
K-T extinction event - 65.5 Ma
Aptian extinction - 117 Ma
End-Jurassic extinction - 145.5 Ma
Toarcian turnover - 183 Ma
End Triassic - 205 Ma
P-T extinction event - 251 Ma
Olson's Extinction - 270 Ma
Carboniferous Rainforest Collapse - 318 Ma
Late Devonian - 360–375 Ma
End Silurian - 416 Ma
Lau event - 420 Ma
Mulde event - 424 Ma
Ireviken event - 428 Ma
End Ordovician or O-S - 440–450 Ma
Cambrian–Ordovician extinction event - 488 Ma
Dresbachian - 502 Ma
End Botomian - 517 Ma
End-Ediacaran extinction - 542 Ma

* though maybe this proves the theory right? Except no cosmic rays needed. Just good ol' man and his nasty pointy sticks ......

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh, I wasn't trying to defend this study. I was assuming it were true for argument's sake.

But thank you for the time line, seems like this theory is falling apart rather quickly.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

You don't know the significance of x-ray jets yet you insist that no jets are seen from Sagittarius A?

1) The lobes and jets are seen from Sagittarius A.

2) Why do you say we are part of Sagittarius A and not the Milky Way? What difference does it make?

The differance is in the angle we face the galactic plane at...

and like the jets shown in the youtube video are plain as day, I still have yet to see the jets you see. can anyone else see them? Do more, detailed images that actually show jets exist?

xray images do not define heat sources as clearly as infra red images do, which these jets possess more of than every other object in the galaxy, due to thier source. Therefore these jets would be as vivid in infra red as a tree right in front of your nose would be... And they simply aren't there.

That's what I'm trying to say.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

This thread can be safely saved for use by the next 2-3 generations, and still have a very,very low probability of occurring.

True we are chugging through the galaxy, specific potholes may exist, but the frequency is undetermined.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whipfather

No probs, I realised you weren't buying it
Yours was just a good post to link my list to (which incidently, I admit came from wikipedia and is only supported by geological science and not any youtube videos, so is probably completely ficticious

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

We are in (slightly above, actually) the galactic plane. How we got here is irrelevant.

When we look toward the center of the Milky Way we are looking through the disk of the galaxy, through light years of dust and gas. That is why a clear infrared or visible light view cannot be obtained. X-rays penetrate the dust and gas much more so than infrared. But infrared is not the best band to use anyway. The jets of a super-massive black hole are so energetic that they produce high levels of x-ray radiation. So much energy is released that it is sort of ridiculous to talk about "heat".

Here is an image of Centarus A in infrared.
No jets.

Here is the X-ray image of Centarus A.

chandra.harvard.edu...

The x-ray jet from Sagittarius A is there and it is not aimed in our direction.

Perhaps you can provide one of those clear infrared images of a black hole jet for reference.

edit on 7/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Great site on black holes...

Some examples of what I'm referring to:

Centaurus A

Centaurus A

HH 34

Additional jet images

These images are clear cut and obvious. Where are the jets for the Milkyway galaxy? It appears that they're facing right towards us!

Edit to add

OK... so here's what they're calling the Milky Way bubbles. They're saying the Milky Way galaxy has no jets. heh... ok.

the Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope (FGST, formerly named GLAST) announced the discovery of enormous bubbles of gamma-ray emission emanating above and below the Milky Way's galactic center and extending well beyond the central bulge, based on two years of observational data. Spanning about 25,000 light-years above and below the galactic disk...

Milky Way Illustration

Looking at this shot of Sag. A*... Looks like bubbles of plasma to me - agreed?

I believe we're entering this bubble now - the REAL reason for this solar system's recent pressurization, creating global warming on all our system's planetary bodies.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Who says Sgr A* has no jets?
I showed you the jet from Sgr A*.
Here are the lobes from Sgr A*. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd0015466e85.jpg[/atsimg]
I explained why the image is not as clear as those from other galaxies.
I explained that the Solar System is in the plane of the Milky Way.

Look at your own link, the illustration of the lobes. It shows you where the Solar System is. We are not entering the lobes. The jets are not aimed at us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join