It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran welcomes nuclear talks plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Iran welcomes nuclear talks plan

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran has welcomed an offer of talks with six world powers over its nuclear programme, state television says.

Iranian nuclear negotiator Saeed Jalili spoke to EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana and discussed the proposals, Iran's news agency ISNA said.

"[Iran] welcomes discussion with the group of six for a constructive cooperation", Mr Jalili said.

Last week the six - US, Russia, China, France, UK and Germany - said that they were inviting Tehran for talks
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think this is good news? I'm not 100% sure though?

Iran said under NO circumstances they will halt their Nuclear Facilities and Israel states if Iran doesn't stop..

They will get attacked.

I mean, it seems it's inevitable? Yet, we all thought USrael would have attacked Iran's facilities by now? They didn't hesitate with Syrian facilities, eh?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Talk is always good. I see no major problem with it.

However, if the past is any indication of the future, talks will only buy Iran the time it needs to continue with its program. I also feel that the six powers involved in the talks would be less likely to take any NECESSARY action as long as talks are ongoing.

Advantage- IRAN

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Another day, another Iran thread.

Israel's response to these proposed talks is of course, diplomacy takes time and we're a very impatient people. If you don't talk soon enough and make a startling breakthrough we're gonna let the missiles fly: www.presstv.ir...

Do these idiots have long-term memory?

Do they remember how it long it took for the Palestinians and Israelis to just be able to face each other at Oslo, let alone talk to each other?

And now they're telling the rest of the world to "hurry up with diplomacy".
Utter hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

However, if the past is any indication of the future, talks will only buy Iran the time it needs to continue with its program.

Yes.

Continue with a programme of enriching a few kilograms of Uranium Hexaflouride to 3.5%
Which is utterly worthless for anything but isotope production and power generation.

So again, I fail to see the "sense of urgency" being impressed upon these talks.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well we should take a wait and see attitude. Talk is cheap. Lets see how this unfolds. I'm glad this has been presented. Let's hope they are serious Iran wants what everybody else wants, that's peace so if they are open & frank. then by all means let's talk.

I hate it when Israel gets dragged into the topic when it's not part of the story.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This will create some noise perhaps

Vague Russia pledge on no S-300 to Iran: Israelis
www.reuters.com...

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel has lobbied Russia to pull away from selling a strategic air-defense system to Iran but has received only vague assurances, Israeli defense sources said on Monday.

Last week Israel agreed to supply surveillance drones worth $50 million to Russia. The Israeli Haaretz newspaper said this followed a pledge by Moscow not to sell Iran the S-300, which could protect Iranian nuclear facilities against air strikes.

An Israeli defense official said he had no knowledge of such an undertaking by Russia in its talks with Israel on the matter. Moscow has given mixed messages on the prospects of Iran buying S-300s, a deal one Russian newspaper valued at $800 million.

I find it to be a fairly funny article haha

But i'm sure this will create some issues

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

MA, that article deserves its own thread

It's not really relevant here but it's another tidbit to add to the puzzle.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well we should take a wait and see attitude

That's the entire point here.

I hate it when Israel gets dragged into the topic when it's not part of the story.

Israel does not want to wait to even give diplomacy a chance. They've stated repeatedly they just want to solve this issue once and for all with military action.
Disregarding everyone else's wishes.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Israel does not want to wait to even give diplomacy a chance. They've stated repeatedly they just want to solve this issue once and for all with military action.

I'm not a big fan of Israel. But even they cant be that stupid to pull some sort of military action while Iran is in some heavy political discussions with the above mentioned parties.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

I'm not a big fan of Israel. But even they cant be that stupid to pull some sort of military action while Iran is in some heavy political discussions with the above mentioned parties.

slayer

your usually spot on with your comments

i find it funny that you give Israel that much credit , knowing their
history

they are the rogueist country on the planet

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

your usually spot on with your comments

i find it funny that you give Israel that much credit , knowing their
history

they are the rogueist country on the planet

There is no simple solution to the present middle east situation.

How do we eat an elephant?
One bite at a time.

Let's address Iran's concerns and then once they and all the parties involved are satisfied we can then work on the next issue. I know that may sound childish but tell me when was the last time anybody in the middle east acted maturely?

For everyone who acts out there is always another who over reacts.
It's pretty hopeless unless we start to address the situation with an open mind and start with one little step at a time.

That's one hell of an Elephant.

new topics

top topics

join