It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Tea Party Protest Fails to Boil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Liberal Tea Party Protest Fails to Boil

www.poligazette.com

Ed Frank went to the New Way Forward rally that Jane Hamsher helped promote and has this to report about the left’s answer to conservatives’ “tea parties” that have turned out tens of thousands of people to protest against Barack Obama’s massive deficit spending plan.

Frank says, "The group’s website claimed that 438 people planned to attend. But only about a dozen lonely souls showed."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.anewwayforward.org

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
From what I've been able to gather, "A New Way Forward" is the left's version to the rallies planned on April 15th. Rallies were planned to go on all around the country on April 11th and they were in supporting the break up of the banks and demonstrating outrage at the bank bailout plans.

At the DC rally, there were some 438 people that were supposed to show up but, only twelve did.

Is this going to happen come Wednesday? Are, these rallies which have been planned and hyped up for so long just going to fizzle out becasue the American people blow a lot of hot air? I sure hope not! Imagine how the MSM would treat it if all this amounts to nothing.

I think that it would completely allow the powers that be to further their agenda even more because those who do care and stood up will be made out to be kooks and on the fringe. No matter what your opinion is about the "tea party" idea, I don't think it will be good if it's only going to be more bark than bite.

I guess we will just have to see how it all plays out.

www.poligazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was thinking about going, so I went to the website (from a local sign). But, they wanted me to register saying I was going to show up. They wanted my name, address, and phone number. I don't think so! Also, this week is spring break for the kids. A lot of parents are staying home or finding daycare for their kids, so this tea party is the last thing on their minds. Poor timing for some.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

I thought that this week was a pretty bad choice too for a rally due to Easter, but, it was stated that they had some 438 people committed to showing up.

If many people will be finding day cares for their kids to stay in this week, I don't think that the upcoming rallies should be hurt that much because people wouldn't have to worry about their kids for a few hours. Maybe they'll bring the kids along to teach them a lesson about the amendments or something.

new topics

top topics

join