It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two maximum elongations of Venus 2012 answer!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
1/ Transit of Venus across the disc of the sun June 8th 2004 start - June 6th 2012 ends
2/ November 13th 2012 Total Solar Eclipse 6th + 8th +13th = 27!
3/ 27th March 2012 first of two maximum elongations of Venus
4/ 13 last Zodiac being “The snake Handler”
5/ 2+7+6+6+6=27 = By counting the number of days after new moon, that one saw exactly the first quarter, and by knowing that a full 360° revolution took about 27 days, able to measure the angle as 87°. This meant the Sun was 1/cos(87°) = 19 times further away than the Moon.
6/ By similar triangles, since the Sun is 19 times further than the Moon (Aristarchus, 275 B.C.E.), the Sun must be 19 times larger than the Moon.

How odd!!! maybe its the two maximum elongations of Venus?.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by baalberith]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by baalberith

What in the world are you talking about? Can you break this down for people who aren't up to speed on this?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
OK, I'm bored, I'll take a stab in the dark at this one......

Originally posted by baalberith
1/ Transit of Venus across the disc of the sun June 8th 2004 start - June 6th 2012 ends
2/ November 13th 2012 Total Solar Eclipse 6th + 8th +13th = 27!
3/ 27th March 2012 first of two maximum elongations of Venus

Basically taking the dates of 6th June, 8th June and 13th November and adding them together to make the number 27. This number is then twisted, turned, shaken and run backwards through a washing machine to come up with the completely unrelated date of 27th March 2012.

4/ 13 last Zodiac being “The snake Handler”

I think he means Ophiuchus

Ophiuchus (pronounced /ˌɒfiːˈjuːkəs/ Óphiúchus, genitive Ophiuchi /ˌɒfiːˈjuːkaɪ/; Greek Ὀφιοῦχος) is a large constellation located around the celestial equator. Its name is Greek for 'snake-holder', and it is commonly represented as a man grasping the snake that is represented by the constellation Serpens. Ophiuchus was one of the 48 constellations listed by the 1st century astronomer Ptolemy, and it remains one of the 88 modern constellations. It was formerly referred to as Serpentarius (/ˌsɝːpənˈtɛəriəs/), a Latin word meaning the same as its current name.

Ophiuchus is a zodiacal constellation (meaning that the Sun passes through it during the course of the year), but unlike the other twelve, it does not lend its name to an astrological sign.

5/ 2+7+6+6+6=27 = By counting the number of days after new moon, that one saw exactly the first quarter, and by knowing that a full 360° revolution took about 27 days, able to measure the angle as 87°. This meant the Sun was 1/cos(87°) = 19 times further away than the Moon.

OK now I'm struggling a bit...

By counting the number of days it takes, after 'new moon' phase, for the moon to be an exact 'quarter moon' and for some inexplicable reason adding them together we arrive, again, at the number 27. From that we, again inexplicably, take the number of degrees in a circle and work a magic, secret formula to extract the number 87 from it. Using algebra we then arrive at the figure 19 which we attribute as being the distance of the moon multiplied to arrive at the sun's distance.

6/ By similar triangles, since the Sun is 19 times further than the Moon (Aristarchus, 275 B.C.E.), the Sun must be 19 times larger than the Moon.

How odd!!! maybe its the two maximum elongations of Venus?.

Now I'm stumped, a little flabberghasted and somewhat hungry at the same time. I'm off to go bash my head against a wall a few thousand times....

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by baalberith

I like your idea and research, but it only works in the gregorian calendar.

I highly doubt such an event is dependant on that.

new topics

top topics

join