It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Jackson

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Did anyone see MJ's response to Bashir ?

This reporter is scum, talk about twisting things for sensationalism. I wonder what MJ's secret videos will do for Bashir's career. This guy will never interview a celebrity again, once they've seen this 2nd program.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
wow.
er, yes, I watched the Jackson Rebuttal last night.
Frankly it was a pretty awfull piece of sensationalism in its own right and not half as well constructed as Bashirs own interview.

The gist was "I said I slept with young boys because Bashir kept telling me he was my friend and I was great with Kids"

er, Jackson, sorry dude, but thats what an investigative journalist does.

It also had a hideous American format, kind of like some sort of "WHEN INTERVIEWERS ATTACK!" piece of media clap trap.

I'm surprised your reaction was so strong, all I got was Bashirs interview, a fairly typical piece of investigative journalism, some good bits, some bad, obviously edited to make certain points, and then Jacksons Rebuttal mainly stating a glareing naevity towards the interviewers art.

Neither were exactly high brow television, though Bashirs at least had an air of credibility.

he'll work again, Probably more now than ever.....both of them probably.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I just have a dislike towards reporters when they haven't balanced the story.
It just goes to show what some creative editing is able to do.
Maybe Bashir could interview Saddam and turn world opinion against him.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Its true, everything is creative editing, but you sort of have to expect that.
I think if anything the two shows demonstrated not that either figure was satan incarnate, but simply that the media can twist the same story to two different ends. Somthing we should all be aware of whatever our individual opinions.

I have an Odd feeling Bashir did interview Saddam a few years back......somone did, anyone remember who?

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the dude dont even look like a due anymore. he looks like a skinny rodent. i bet michael and latoya are the same people.

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The way I see it, Martin Bashir is the kind of reporter who could make Nelson Mandela look like a serial killer if he wanted to. Bashir doesn't like MJ, so he made that documentary, simple as that.

I don't like MJ as such, he's a very materialistic person, but no ones perfect. The fact that people call him a peaodphile just because he lets children stay at his house is absurd. The kids love him, and he loves the kids. And no, I didn't say that sexually, he is just a loving person. If more people were willing to admit that they are kind and warm hearted like that, there would be less scumbags on the streets, thats a fact.

MJ is so sick for looking after a 14 year old cancer victim, even though the boy wanted MJ's support and his parents were fine with it, and the boy said that MJ has never sexually assaulted him, etc etc. wow, Micheal, you're so sick......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join