It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Tomlinson: three-year wait for G20 death verdict

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Ian Tomlinson: three-year wait for G20 death verdict

www.guardian.co.uk

The family of Ian Tomlinson face a three-year wait for an inquest into his death, according to legal experts, who say that pressures on the coroners' system are "frustrating the grieving process" for victims' relatives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Just shows how the cover up continues, they know it is murder, and they are trying to deflate public opinion.

That man should be in prsion for the rest of his life, and he gets suspended. This is what they call justice.

I wonder what that clown gordan brown has to say on this subject, has anyone seen him comment on it?

thought please.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
you do know that when someone dies or badly injured at the hands of the police that they always delay announcing the death or any action to be taken so that the angry mob has no more fuel to feed the anger they feel...this will be pushed back until all those responsible are out of the police on a fat pension...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well all i can say is...

Disgusting... The Coppers are gloating on their forums, the public will be disinterested in three years and the family have an agonising wait ahead of them...

Makes me sick.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Well all i can say is...

Disgusting... The Coppers are gloating on their forums, the public will be disinterested in three years and the family have an agonising wait ahead of them...
Makes me sick.

Must be great being serial killers and always getting away with murder. At least society has this evidence as proof, and people can always remember the scum doing this to this man.

Like i said any killers in society and you want protection just join the police, and you can get away with any vendettas you want, and kill anyone you want.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If I were to assault a police officer in that manner I'd be up before the beak and fined / banged up in quick order. So what's the delay?

I can see that after 2 or 3 years, the crown will declare that witness statements are too fuzzy to be relied upon (except for police witnesses of course) and the whole thing will end up a whitewash, just like the Jean Charles de Menezes inquiry.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Well all i can say is...

Makes me sick.

What Forums?

If they are gloating this needs to be brought to medias attention, to show them they are not above the law....

3 YEARS!!!

What a joke. If I were his wife I would be pursuing this to make sure that Police Officer was put behind bars.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Pity he wasn't a member of a minority group, the government would be throwing millions at the investigation if that had been the case.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

exactly, if you can show us the forums, amybe someone can show that to the press, channel4, seem to want to push it further.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Laurauk

exactly, if you can show us the forums, amybe someone can show that to the press, channel4, seem to want to push it further.

I tried sending a U2U to lizard to see if he had a link, but I am not allowed to send private messages, until I have minimum of 20 posts, oh joy lol

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk...

There's the link... admittedly the thread has run the course and is now locked, but it seems some of the police are being cool headed on there and some are not accepting the fact that this man died and keep resorting to the 'he shouldn't have been there' or 'he could have easily just have spat in a coppers face' before he was shoved over...

Don't get me wrong... some of the coppers on that forum seem to know their beans, yet other reek of ignorance...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

"While you want to ensure there is a thorough investigation, a lot of the delays are caused by pressures on the coroners' system," Coles said. "The system simply does not have the ability to cope with the outstanding caseload."

Does this mean that the outstanding caseload is the problem? Do all cases have to wait 2 to 3 years? Is Tomlinson's case different somehow that make it's time more?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

"While you want to ensure there is a thorough investigation, a lot of the delays are caused by pressures on the coroners' system," Coles said. "The system simply does not have the ability to cope with the outstanding caseload."

Does this mean that the outstanding caseload is the problem? Do all cases have to wait 2 to 3 years? Is Tomlinson's case different somehow that make it's time more?

No it means that, they will close ranks, put obstacles in the way of this guys family from getting justice. If Those police officers invovled think the public will loose interest they need to think again. This is not going to go away.

Another thing If I were the wife of Mr Tomlinson, I would be asking for an independant Coroner to look at the evidence or carryout an independant post moterm, to decide what was the cause of death.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There certainly wasn't any delay in rushing this before the original coroner, who it turns out has a bit of a chequered past, having made a few questionable conclusions in the past.
Looks they hired him to rush through a verdict to get it done and dusted as quickly as possible.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

ye they have the net and the video is absolute proof that it is murder.

I just cannot believe the police get 3 years to do an investigation into murder. If this was a nomral person the police would be all over it, trying to get all the info straight away, and get conviction asap.

Total bull.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There certainly wasn't any delay in rushing this before the original coroner, who it turns out has a bit of a chequered past, having made a few questionable conclusions in the past.
Looks they hired him to rush through a verdict to get it done and dusted as quickly as possible.

If that is the case, I would be demanding someone else independant of the C/P, Or Police Force to do a further examination of the evidence, leaving this open for 3 years is a complete joke.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

There's the link... admittedly the thread has run the course and is now locked, but it seems some of the police are being cool headed on there and some are not accepting the fact that this man died and keep resorting to the 'he shouldn't have been there' or 'he could have easily just have spat in a coppers face' before he was shoved over...

Don't get me wrong... some of the coppers on that forum seem to know their beans, yet other reek of ignorance...

OMG I have only read 4 pages on that forum, now I can smell cover up, some of thier comments are absolutely ridiculous, especially with regards to Charles De Menezes.....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

OMG I have only read 4 pages on that forum, now I can smell cover up, some of thier comments are absolutely ridiculous, especially with regards to Charles De Menezes.....

They actually deleted the worse topics, after newspapers caught on, here's an article about one thread that was on there.

www.guardian.co.uk...

See this topic where they discuss why a g20 thread was deleted

[edit on 13/4/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is another police thread on the same subject . Some jaw dropping perspectives being offered up here too , like as Mr Tomlinson didn't tell the baton wielding officer before being shoved to the ground he was unwell, so the officer did nothing wrong .

Unless Mr T. had turned round to the officers and said "I'm having chest pains" or "I'm feeling unwell" then the officer in question did NOTHING WRONG in pushing him "

So, there you go . Next time you are unwell in the vicinity of the police , be sure to tell them that is the case . Be sure to tell every one of them , as without a working crystal ball there is no way of knowing from whom or where the next shove in the back to the ground is coming from . Perhaps make up a placard to drape over the shoulders with a description to that effect .

www.policeoracle.com...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Drexl]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
At least we all will know now, if you become unwell, do not rely on the police for any help at all. Something has seriously gone wrong with our police service nowadays.

Now it has come to light that there were CCTV camera operating, near and around this incident. Also 2nd post mortem is taking place. The officer who came forward, has been suspended. Until this case has been resolved.

BBC WEBSITE

top topics

<<   2 >>

join