It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant- What is it really?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occultech
Noah's Ark was the First Ark also Noah's Commandments of 7 was the first Commandments before the 10 Commandments of Moses. Then came the 10 Commandments & then the 613 Commandments
The Zohar is a mystical commentary on the Torah (the five books of Moses) has a interesting Volume on the 10 Commandments being of Sapphire Tablets of Cosmic/supernal Dew.

Zohar Vol 10. Yitro Section 21. "The Tablets were the work of Elohim"
We hear how the tablets of the Ten Commandments were of sapphire, and the letters were visible on both sides and composed of both black fire and white fire, from the left and the right. The rabbis are in some confusion about whether Elohim made the tablets specially or whether they were really 'just' sapphire as any other sapphire. Rabbi Shimon says the tablets were formed of the supernal dew which flows from Atika Kadisha, and that they pre-existed the creation of the world but were perfected on the sixth day of creation especially for this purpose. The miracle was that one could read one side from the other. We are told that the Torah actually literally restored the souls of Yisrael after they had flown away at the time that the people heard the words of God. The text now turns to the rule of Solomon, during which time the moon was full. When Zedekiah came, the moon waned and remained thus, so Malchut was removed far from Zeir Anpin, and became dark. The moon shone when Yisrael stood by Mount Sinai, and it shone when Judah was found worthy to receive the kingdom.

Notice how it's of Black & White Fire from left & the right & Hebrew is from left to right.
Now the part that puts this Gem! heh to real use here is the other story of the Kabbalah The Story of the Hebrew Letters of Creation

Individual energy forces, which express themselves as Hebrew letters, came before the Creator requesting that they be the instruments by which the world is created. The Creator eventually agrees to utilize the letter Beit ?, as this particular letter begins the Hebrew word Brachah [Blessing]. The Zohar then depicts the unique attributes of each of the twenty-two letters and the spiritual energy they emit. All these forces and their power of blessing are transferred to us when we visually scan the Aramaic text and learn the lessons it holds.

To Confer on this story of creation the Meru Foundation has some interesting research on the hebrew language being the letters of the flame using some interesting science as well as a Video of it here called Dance of the Hebrew Letters with Stan Tenen

This adds to the Enjoyment of the Tablets in the Ark, Cosmic tablets wrote in the same language as creation itself it provides a story of interest to those on the same track

& that track is Da'at btw

Ah yes in the later times when the Ark was in Solomons temple only the Kohen class could go into the temple upon the Ark of the Covenant & this is what they Appear like in the temple when upon the Ark of the Covenant Example of the Kohen Preist here

This Kohen would go into the temple with the secret Kabbalah knowledge of the 72 names of god formula. According to the Jewish tradition there is a formula or a name that defines g-d in a total way. The name is made of 216 letters. The origin of the name is in Exodus 14: Dividing the 216 letters of the sentence (in Hebrew) to thirds will give us 72 combinations of 3 letters

Just recently started researching the link between the hebrw letters sacred geometry, really riveting stuff, ans confirms a lot of my thoughts on what it is that drives life.
Gonna keep looking into it with an open mind, as I always do.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Revelation 11 (New International Reader's Version)

Revelation 11

19 Then God's temple in heaven was opened. Inside it the wooden chest called the ark of his covenant could be seen. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings and thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm.

Text

Also to add, if this is on earth then Israel will one day find it. It will be used to create the new Jewish Temple on Temple mount which is in the way of endtime fullfilment and prophecy. Which in a way is a good indicator that if it remains the time is not ready yet.

Also during these end times Israel will be attacked from all sides as prophecised in the Bible, and fire will devour their enemies. Persia-today's Iran will end up like Sodom and Gomarrah and that could be done in two ways. God's own hands or Israel's power of the found again Ark. But some say the Ark is heaven now. Some also say that there is a heavenly Ark and and Earthly one in which heaven and earth is joined like a spiritual portal for Godly powers to come through in.

If you want to know more about Bible prophecy concerning Iran and Syria and Russia with surrounding nations please read the post i made some time ago.
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 14-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

er, maybe you misssed my point - I was saying that the 'mana' which grows in deserts today probably isn't the same mana as impressed the Jews because they would have known about it before hand, however if the salt which formed in the Arc (assuming its an old egyptian thermalogical or alchemical device for creating essential oils and psychoactive compounds) then that would explain why the Jews were so wrapped in awe at the 'holy spirit'

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
wrong forum, sorry.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Beautiful, you hit on a number of the scriptures I had in mind. The "sons of God" as well as the "giants" reference, exactly. The advanced ages of the old testament characters was always a puzzle. Adam at 930 years and Methuselah at 969. (Imagine social security with those life spans. Oy Ve!) That there was an interbreeding with the "race of gods" if you will, might also be a good explanation for the "chosen people". Did the hybrids become the Jews? Again I digress but that's the danger and the fun of this.

Amagnon, I suspect that you were raised in a religious household. You're too familiar with the scriptures to have been a skeptic from birth. "Not that there's anything wrong with that" as they would say on Seinfeld. Just a guess.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

The Ark has nothing to do with the Jews, necessarily. They simply wrote a popular story discussing their experience. Yes, a son of God bedded down a Jewish girl, but he shouldn't have...she ultimately betrays him and participates in his murder. He nailed a Christian woman too...she ultimately betrays him and participates in his murder. Just to be certain, he had a Muslim woman...she ultimately betrays him and participates in his murder. See a pattern?

He only did these things because because he got separated from his wife...a man has needs, right? Anyway its not reasonable to expect anything in the future as has occured in the past.

All three of the big western religions are playing the game of obtaining the Ark throne. By doing so they think they can postpone the inevitable. But the Ark is also a person, and as such owes nothing at all to the religious community.

Think of the Ark in this fashion...Quantum Mechanics talks about four fundemental interactions. The Ark is a Graviton, when it obtains his Electromagnetism and Strong and Weak Nuclear Forces...ie his wife and daughters the temple is rebuilt and complete.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Perhaps the Ark is gone, and God only knows where.
It's maybe better that the mystery remains to give the Vatican the credit it needs to continue the hypocrisy of a religion with churches and priests. The true religoin is in ourselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Just curious what you are doing on this board ? Isn't there a minimum IQ ?

Emhotep
Don Barone

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Laurence Gardners book the lost screts of the sacred ark suggests the ancients understood the properties of monatomic gold and that the ark was a device which created it by means of electricity. I am intrigued by his theory and would love to see what others have to say about it.

video.google.com...:*:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBS&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv&ei =zlDlSZ7QFp6utAOq3qCsBA&oi=property_suggestions&resnum=0&ct=property-revision&cd=1#

sorry bout the old school copy and paste but this is a video of his lecture.

"Spread the word! The King is Dead!!!" 8)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So the ark's legends about being a holy superweapon came from something highly radioactive inside... hmmmmmm... I'm stumped

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by emeraldzeus

New-agey? - That was just a term that I heard somewhere, hmmm, where would I hear a term like that, oh yeah on a conspiracy website like ATS. Anyway, I can appreciate all of the copying that you did from the Princeton.edu website, I never once questioned your intelligence. As for the church taking over and usurping the ideologies of religeon and arifacts etc. That would be the Catholic church. I may offend many here but any church that has accrued one of the top percentages of the world's wealth while letting starving people continue to starve so their churches can be decorated like they are and so they can attain the wealth and power and influence as they do is not really considered Christians in my book. I don't blame the followers, but I think they are being duped. You speak of the aforementioned theology and apologetics in this case should be just that, an apology. As per all of your references to the Princeston webpage and Dictionary/Encyclopedia, please stop, the Princeston college was Est. in 1746 and I am quite sure the literature you copied from them, by derivation, is even younger. I am pretty sure that it is not 2000+ years old as where I got my sources, the Holy Bible. Besides Princeton's informal motto is: “Princeton in the Nation’s Service and in the Service of All Nations."(Source , bottom of page) It Sounds like part of the problem if you ask me, sounds like they may be on the side of the New World Order. Man can make up any word he wants and add it to the dictionary or encyclopedia...even the word `DOH` is in there. As for the Wikipedia,...hardly a source, I have even edited that myself. As I was saying, man can take a term these days and append it to a list of terms and throw it in a dictionary as quick as he can put his pants on in the morning. It doesn`t make it right though. In case you haven`t noticed, the world is getting worse, there are more liars, more people attacking christians, more politicians pissing on our backs and telling us raining, and more scholars printing lies to fashion our beliefs. It is interesting to note that in the Bible (Genesis 41:8) Pharoh sent for all the Magicians in Eqypt to interpret his dreams, they were powerless to interpret Pharaoh’s dream, prompting Pharaoh to send for Joseph who interpreted it correctly because he spoke the words God gave him. You see, my source is over 2000 years old and mentions magic 5 times, magicians 15 times, another example: The Book of Exodus speaks of magicians practicing what is called "secret arts" (Exodus 8:7), as they brought up frogs and thereby replicating God's plague on the land of Egypt. Magic in this case was used in an attempt to mock God by mimicking the miracles God performed through Moses. Magic and sorcery played a major role in the pantheistic religion of Egypt. Its ancient documents record the activities of the magicians, one of the most prominent being the charming of serpents. These men were also self-styled “wise men” and “sorcerers,”— the learned men of the day and the religious as well. Two of these men, named Jannes and Jambres are mentioned in 2 Timothy 3:8. Any supernatural power they may have had came from Satan (2 Corinthians 11:13-15). If not supernaturally inspired, they simply practiced their trade by optical illusion, sleight of hand, or the learned physical manipulation of things such as snakes. In either case, deceit was their aim, and they were sufficiently skillful to completely fool Pharaoh and his servants. The difference is magic from a magician or any other name from the learned men of today, is a form of trickery. God`s Prophets were Holy Men inspired by God himself and were of no capability without him. The magicians come in their OWN name.....Prophets who do miracles for GOD, come in HIS name.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahatmose

I could ask you the same thing!
have you actually read anything about the Ark, or are you just stabbing in the dark to get ATS-points?
I apologise for taking the piss out if the analogy that the Ark should maybe be compared to ones cerebral hemispheres etc; we are actually talking about a device. Being described in Exodus 25, which gives dimensions, materials used, even the context of how and why constructed!
Interested?; pick-up the Old Testament and at least maybe we can discus the fundamentals.
I have no interest in arguing with you - which will just prove to destroy this thread; obviously there are already a few people interestedenough to inquire and comment, not just yourself and me.

The enigma of the Ark appears three times in the old testament:
1) Noahs' Ark; Gen 6:14
2)Ark of God; (the one we are focusing our discussion on), Ex 25:10
3) Ark of Bulrushes; moses was set afloat, Ex 2:3

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SoundTheory

Monatomic Gold, white powder Gold- or as the Egyptians called it: Mfzkt (they didnt use vowels) is quite an interesting item!
They say that in the Great Pyramid, no mummy was ever found in the supposed King burial chamber; which explains that it was most likely a temple of ceremony, and not a mausoleum.
Interesting fact; White powder was found in the empty sarcophagus. When analyzed, this was found to be Monatomic Gold.
Loads of this substance was found also at the Temple Of Hathor,(said to be used as some kind of foundry).
Some scholars also attribute this stuff as being the original Manna, or Shewbread.
It was said to be taken as a dietary supplement (by the regal only), to feed the "Light" body.
Light Body??
I guess that is similar or same as the Aura/Chi energy field etc.
Any thoughts??

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahatmose

Just wondering if you have mis-spelled one of your signatures Emhotep on purpose?
Is that supposed to be one and the same as the high priest of Heliopolos (On),
Or a Emo permutation ?
I've heard of this priests name spelt a few different ways, but never like that.
Though you should know or enlighten me!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
The Ark in the Great Pyramid?

The size of the Ark as described in the Bible is the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in heights, by one-and-a-half cubits in width. Oddly enough these are the same dimensions as the stone chest coffer in the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. Just like the Ark was the only object in the Temple (while it was held there), so was the coffer in the Kings chamber. The pyramid was built and sealed before the days of Moses, so it isn’t easy to assemble a logical explanation for these dimensional oddities.

In his book Armageddon: Appointment With Destiny (1988), author Grant Jeffrey writes (Page 233):

"The word ark comes from the Hebrew word aron, which means a chest, box, or coffin. Its dimensions are described by the Bible as 2.5 cubits by 1.5 cubits by 1.5 cubits (45 inches by 27 inches by 27 inches). Curiously, this is the exact volume of the stone chest or porphyry coffer in the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid in Egypt. This coffer was the only object in the King's Chamber, as the Ark was the single sacred object within the Holy of Holies, in the Temple. Also, the laver, or basin, that the priests used to wash their feet had the identical cubit dimensions.

In addition, the cubit dimension of the inner chamber of the Temple, the Holy of Holies, are precisely identical in size to the King's Chamber in the Pyramid and the same volume as the molten sea of water on the Temple Mount as prepared by King Solomon. Since the Pyramid was built and sealed long before the days of Moses, when he built the Ark and the Holy of Holies, and had remained sealed for over twenty-five centuries until the ninth century after Christ, there is no natural explanation for the phenomenon of both structures having identical volume measurements. The coffer in the pyramid contains exact measurements representing tremendous scientific knowledge as does the entire Great Pyramid. A small example of this data is that the height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun."

Is this information correct? Most readers of Jeffrey's book lack either the resources or the ambition to check out his data. Many people take such claims on faith, but let's check (the linear dimensions are given in inches and the volume in cubic inches):

The Ark W=27.0, H=27.0, L= 45.0, V=32,805
Coffer (inner) W=26.8, H=34.4 , L=78.1 V=72,002
Coffer (outer) W=38.5, H=41.3 , L=89.6 , V=142,468
Laver* V=56,115

*Described in I Kings 7:38 (one bath equals 6.073 gallons).

Obviously, the dimensions of the Ark and the coffer differ markedly.

The Holy of Holies in the Temple measured 20 cubits by 20 cubits by 20 cubits (I Kings 6:20). Moses did not build his Holy of Holies in a Temple as Jeffrey implies, but in his Tabernacle (Moses' Holy of Holies measured 10 cubits by 10 cubits by 10 cubits). The molten sea was round and is described in I Kings 7:23-26.

Holy of Holies (Temple) W=360, H=360, L=360, V= 46,656,000
Holy of Holies (Tabernacle) W=180, H=180, L=180, V= 5,832,000
King's Chamber W=206, H=229, L= 412, V=19,435,688
Molten sea W=180, H=90, V=2,805,726

The dimensions for the Holy of Holies and the King's Chamber are far from being "precisely identical" as Jeffrey asserts.

What about Jeffery's claim that "height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun?" The height of the Great Pyramid is 485 feet:

* Height of the pyramid times one billion = 91,856,061 miles
* Distance of the earth from the sun = 92,960,000 miles

Okay, so what's a million miles or so? The numbers may be close, but is this similarity meaningful, or even interesting.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by prevenge
it's not a magic chest.

it's your skull.
the wings are the sphenoid bones.
mt. sinai is the "sinuses" plural.
the "tent" of the tabernacle = tentorium cerebelli.
The tentorium of the cerebellum is the tent-like portion of the dura mater, the outermost of the three membranous connective tissue coverings of the brain

holy = hole-ey the holes in our head.. the ventricles that fill with kundalini when we break the waters from the stone of our "sacrum" when we resist orgasm during sex.

it's activated using byssus.. the same threadlike hyphae that falls from modern day clouds as "fiery serpents." (mogellons)

the "washbasin" is the third ventricle.

the grail isn't an actual cup either.
it's the uterus.

you can look at all these legends with the mind of a child and imagine the superficial descriptions of a gold box..and wonder about their magical powers...

or

you can read between the lines and see the intellectual diagramatical instructions as to how to re-arrange your genome (the word)

Or you can ask your self... "did these words I'm using like "tentorium" even exist back then?"

I like your imagery, but the words you used to say "it really means this"... well most of them didn't exist back then.

Like the sinai sinuses connection...

[edit on 14-4-2009 by HunkaHunka]

I... I don't think you're following entirely..

the linguistic parallels are placed accordingly in time to match up properly by those that chose the words to label them with the pre-existing knowledge of their relevance.
english is the world language
the etymological application of the roots and compound structure to the english terms used to label them are done so with the relevance in mind..

by people that knew.. FOR people that WILL know. that discover it NOW.

the OT was translated to greek then latin then english
it wasn't in english back then

we can get caught up in the scemantics of it all or we can look at the modern day parallels between the Elohim's instructions of how to build the Ark (arc = second ventricles) the tabernacle tent membrane, and the lamps.. and the method as to which humanity will metamorph into a higher being. through kundalini activation..

or you can sit there and stare at the four walls of your self imposed five sense prison all day: CNN on one wall, beer, sex, and skepticism on the others.

have fun playing party pooper during the Grand Treasure Hunt.

-

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaguar23

Originally posted by serbsta
The Ark in the Great Pyramid?

The size of the Ark as described in the Bible is the dimensions of two-and-a-half cubits in length, by one-and-a-half cubits in heights, by one-and-a-half cubits in width. Oddly enough these are the same dimensions as the stone chest coffer in the Kings Chamber in the Great Pyramid. Just like the Ark was the only object in the Temple (while it was held there), so was the coffer in the Kings chamber. The pyramid was built and sealed before the days of Moses, so it isn’t easy to assemble a logical explanation for these dimensional oddities.

In his book Armageddon: Appointment With Destiny (1988), author Grant Jeffrey writes (Page 233):

"The word ark comes from the Hebrew word aron, which means a chest, box, or coffin. Its dimensions are described by the Bible as 2.5 cubits by 1.5 cubits by 1.5 cubits (45 inches by 27 inches by 27 inches). Curiously, this is the exact volume of the stone chest or porphyry coffer in the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid in Egypt. This coffer was the only object in the King's Chamber, as the Ark was the single sacred object within the Holy of Holies, in the Temple. Also, the laver, or basin, that the priests used to wash their feet had the identical cubit dimensions.

In addition, the cubit dimension of the inner chamber of the Temple, the Holy of Holies, are precisely identical in size to the King's Chamber in the Pyramid and the same volume as the molten sea of water on the Temple Mount as prepared by King Solomon. Since the Pyramid was built and sealed long before the days of Moses, when he built the Ark and the Holy of Holies, and had remained sealed for over twenty-five centuries until the ninth century after Christ, there is no natural explanation for the phenomenon of both structures having identical volume measurements. The coffer in the pyramid contains exact measurements representing tremendous scientific knowledge as does the entire Great Pyramid. A small example of this data is that the height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun."

Is this information correct? Most readers of Jeffrey's book lack either the resources or the ambition to check out his data. Many people take such claims on faith, but let's check (the linear dimensions are given in inches and the volume in cubic inches):

The Ark W=27.0, H=27.0, L= 45.0, V=32,805
Coffer (inner) W=26.8, H=34.4 , L=78.1 V=72,002
Coffer (outer) W=38.5, H=41.3 , L=89.6 , V=142,468
Laver* V=56,115

*Described in I Kings 7:38 (one bath equals 6.073 gallons).

Obviously, the dimensions of the Ark and the coffer differ markedly.

The Holy of Holies in the Temple measured 20 cubits by 20 cubits by 20 cubits (I Kings 6:20). Moses did not build his Holy of Holies in a Temple as Jeffrey implies, but in his Tabernacle (Moses' Holy of Holies measured 10 cubits by 10 cubits by 10 cubits). The molten sea was round and is described in I Kings 7:23-26.

Holy of Holies (Temple) W=360, H=360, L=360, V= 46,656,000
Holy of Holies (Tabernacle) W=180, H=180, L=180, V= 5,832,000
King's Chamber W=206, H=229, L= 412, V=19,435,688
Molten sea W=180, H=90, V=2,805,726

The dimensions for the Holy of Holies and the King's Chamber are far from being "precisely identical" as Jeffrey asserts.

What about Jeffery's claim that "height of the pyramid is precisely one billionth the distance of the earth from the sun?" The height of the Great Pyramid is 485 feet:

* Height of the pyramid times one billion = 91,856,061 miles
* Distance of the earth from the sun = 92,960,000 miles

Okay, so what's a million miles or so? The numbers may be close, but is this similarity meaningful, or even interesting.
I have this book as well as 'Prophecies of Heaven The Last Frontier' and 'Messiah War in the Middle East & The Road to Armageddon'.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I'm currently searching for the title of a book published in Amsterdam, Holland in 1648. The book contains twelve records. It begins 'These records were written by five righteous men. They are, Shimur the Levite, Hizkiyah, Aidkiyah, Chaggi the prophet and Sechariah son of Ido the prophet. They concealed the vessels of the Temple and the wealth of the treasures that were in Jerusalem which will not be discovered until the day of the coming of Maschiach, son of David.' The 1st record 'These are the vessels dedicated and concealed when the Temple was destroyed. The Tabernacle and the Curtain, the Holy Menorah, the Ark of Testimony, the golden forehead nameplate, the golden crown of Aharon the Cohen, the breastplate of Judgment.' The 2nd record 'They were inscribed by Shimur HaLevi and his companions, on a copper scroll with all the vessels of the Holy of Holies that Shlomo son of David made. Together with Shimur were Hizkiyah,Zidkiyah, Haggi the Prophet and Zachariah son of Berachiah son of Ido the Prophet.'

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
continue: The 3rd record, 'These five inscribed these records in Babylon together with the other prophets that were with them, including Ezra the Cohen, the Scribe.' 6th record 'All these treasures were hidden from Nebuchadnezzar by the fittest of Israel.'

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The similarities between the ten commandments and the Book of the dead, Moses and Akhennaton, the dimensions of the ark and the box in the pyramid, and many others similarities, may be due to the possibility that the bible is just a recounting of ancient Egyptian events and pharaohs, which themselves were recorded from a previous civilization...........cant quite remember where I heard this but if anyone can back it up that would be nice

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join