It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant- What is it really?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
First off, it's good to see people adding in their own thoughts instead of only saying "S&F!!!1". It goes to show that SO's idea of a 100 character requirement is doing its job.

I've seen many videos and documentaries discussion the Ark of the Covenant. The only thing I know for sure after watching all these videos is that, whether it exists or not, the elite believe it exists. If it is true that it exists, you can bet it is in the possession of somebody very powerful and that it is so secretive and hidden that only the people in possession of it know of its existence. In that respect, save for the world blowing up or a massive change happening, it will never be found.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I believe it still exists. Where is the million dollar question?

I place my bets on the Vatican. However, i don't believe they have the power to use it like Moses did. I think it is sitting idle till Jesus's second coming.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A quick note on the OP's part about the meteorite ...

When Moses "spoke to God" on Sinai and came down with the tablets he had what appeared to be burns and his hair had turned white. This could also back up the fact that it was some kind of radioactive meteorite.

Where did you hear the theory about the London Underground and the Ark? This interests me as I live in London and have never heard of this during my research. I Google'd it but to no avail ... any body have any links?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I personally believe that the Jews know where it is or they have it somewhere ..although I could be wrong ....supposedly they asked this new pope to give back the artifacts from the last temple ...supposedly they think that the Romans ended up with all the gold artificacts including the ark ...

The Jews will need the ark in order to start sacrifices again (it is an important part of the ceremonies) ...they do not believe Jesus was the messiah so they feel the need to return to sacrificing ..so that leads me to believe that it will show up at some point ...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
“In the Ark of the Covenant was a pot of the Manna, and the stone through which God spoke to Moses. When Moses was up on Mount Sinai, he was smelting the Manna to the gold glass. Why do I say that? When you understand that in Old Kingdom Egypt these [hairy things over the eyes] were called bushes not eyelashes. These were bushes; check you're Egyptian literature. The burning bush was the enlightened Third Eye.”

“So, Moses on Mount Sinai, when he looked upon the burning bush... That was just a mistranslation. It was the third eye opening and God communicated to him through this stone. God didn't write on the stone. If he wrote on the stone, why would he put it in a box, seal it up and then let no one look at it? If God wrote on it, He would put it up on the wall where everybody could read it. When you realize that in Old Kingdom Egypt, on the holiest day in Old Kingdom of Egypt -- in the Sign of the Seal [by Graham Hancock] you read this -- they carried around an Ark on two poles, and in the Ark was a stone. Coincidentally what was in the Ark of the Covenant? A stone. The pot of Manna and the stone. The gold glass.”

“Around the Ark of the Covenant was the Meisner field. The strange thing about the Meisner field is that other Meisner fields that oscillate at the same frequency, can enter that field and not perturb it. So if you are a high priest, a Melchizedek priest, and you eat this Bread of the Presence of God every week, you are a light being, and you can enter into that field and approach the Ark of the Covenant and not perturb it because you're in resonance with it. But if you're an ordinary soldier or a person who thinks bad things, they have to tie a rope around your legs because as you approach it, it may have a flux collapse. Now if you can imagine several hundred thousand amps, and now you have voltage, it's like a bolt of lightning. It literally is energy of an unbelievable magnitude.”

“As long as there is no voltage, you could touch it, you could feel it, it's hundreds of thousands of amps, but no tickle, no tingle, because there's no voltage. As long as you're in resonance with it, you can approach it, you can touch it, you can hold it, you can feel it; Nothing! But if you're not in resonance with it, and enter the field, and perturb the resonance, and there's a flux collapse, and now you've got voltage... It'll kill you.”

“Remember in the Bible that the Ark of the Covenant actually levitated and floated along, and actually carried some of the people who were carrying it. The only thing to do that's a superconductor.”

This is from the site "the library of Alexander" here is the link www.halexandria.org...
I think this site is great and has many plausiable explinations on tons of alternative topics many of which after reading seem to all fit together like some grand puzzle that we are still missing a few pieces to complete it.
I'm sorry if I posted this improperly as I am new here and do not know how to post a snippet or embed links.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Despite the mythology that has grown up around the Ark of the Covenant there are some simple correspondences that give clue as to the nature of the Ark.

1.) The Ark of the Covenant is the *EXACT* same dimensions as the Giza Sarcophagus.

2.) Mosheh/Moses, according to both the Torah and the Christian New Testament, was an Egyptian High Priest.

3.) Mosheh/Moses was most likely the Egyptian Priest Akhenaten, who later became an unlikely Pharoah after his older brothers were systematically assassinated, and later failed in his attempts to convert all of Egypt to Monotheism. Such a theory, although quite old, is favored by modern prominent Archaeologists and Egyptologists such as Ahmed Osman, Kenneth Kitchen and Donald Redford.

4.) Another theory, going back to Ancient times with the Historians Manetho and Josephus Flavius, is that the Mosheh/Moses was the leader of the Hyskos (or Shepherd Kings) that invaded Egypt in the Twelfth Dynasty and were expelled from Egypt at the end of the Seventeenth Dynasty. The Hyskos were Semitic, just as the Jews, and worshipped Canaanite gods (such as Ba'al whose effigy is made during the Exodus and causes Mosheh/Moses to destroy the first Tablets he brought down from Mt. Sinai). The only time in Egyptian History that slaves were ever kept was when the Hyskos were overthrown. They were kept in servitude for an equal length of time that they kept the Egyptians in servitude.

When all points are considered, it would appear that the Ark of the Covenant was nothing more than the Sarcophagus of a banished High Priest/Pharoah of Egypt.

Over the passing of time, history became legend and legend became myth, and many theories have been posited since.

However, when it comes down to it, if one applies Ockham's Razor to this scenario, the simplest explanation is most likely the most probable...and that being that the expelled High Priest/Pharoah, who later became known to the Semitic Israelites as Mosheh/Moses, wanted to be buried in the tradition of his beliefs, and had his people carry his burial Sarcophagus through the desert during their Exodus.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Uh crystal meth...

Well anyway according to Scriptures we should get our answers in due time. The Ark will be rediscovered and placed back in the rebuilt Temple. Supposedly the AC will have the forgotten knowledge on how it works (as well as probably how a lot of the ancient artifacts work). I say we but I'm kind of hoping the Rapture gets me the heck out of here before the SHTF.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My personal opinion on the Ark is that Moses stole the design from the Egyptians. After all, Moses was a "magician" in Egypt and I think that the Egyptians had similar things (I have seen very similar Arks at the King Tut museum when it came to London) and Moses somehow, through a legitimate technology or meteorite, not God, powered the Ark.

This Ark caused burns and stuff to people who went near it and he used this to pretend that it had been powered by God to cause the Israelites to do what he said (recall that when they stood against him "God" slaughtered a load of them ... what a lovely thing to do).

Possibly the Ark was used to communicate with ancient astronauts but I think that the main question about this is not WHAT it was but WHERE it is ...

I do not believe that it is in Axum, because let's face it ... there are probably a lot of guerrilla's in Ethiopia and it would not be difficult for them to break down that little iron fence and steal the Ark from ONE guardian.

I do not believe that the drum is correct, because the tribe (Lemba) who claim they were descended from the Jews and had the Ark have no evidence to back up their genealogy claim. So Robert Mugabe went and stole nothing but a drum. Hope he is proud of himself, idiot.

A good call is the Vatican, of course. I am not sure that it is below Temple Mount (I believe that Wyatt found something but as of yet nothing proven?)

Ireland, Hill of Tara .... hmmmm not too sure. Interesting idea but I am not 100% sure on their translation of the tomb being Jeremiah's or whatever they claim (been a long time since I read that theory) because it just looks like nonsense scribbles.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
great post wastdown. i havent read graham hancock yet, its next on my list i think. The pineal is very misunderstood though and god did not speak to him through his pineal, the bush eyelash thing is a far out idea. Some of those writters can get carried away because they r such deep thinkers

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To follow up my previous post...to specifically address the presence of Angelic figures represent atop the Ark of the Covenant to form the "Mercy Seat", it was common practice to depict either the winged goddess of Isis and her sister Nepthys touching wings on the corners of Sarcophagus Boxes, or the four protectors of the dead, Selket, Isis, Nepthys and Neith, all in winged-form, one at each corner, touching their wings to protect the contents of the Sarcophagus Box.

Even the Sarcophagus Box of Tutankhamen, who ruled Egypt shortly after Akhenaten, had these same winged figures on his Sarcophagus Box of Brown Quartzite that was surmounted by a Golden Statuette of Isis with wings outspread on the lid. His Outer Sarcophagus (that was contained within the Sarcophagus Box) was made of Cypress Wood with a thin layer of gesso overlaid with Gold foil. (Sound familiar?)

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I don't think the Vatican has it... because I'm pretty sure the original doesn't exist anymore.

I like this theory:
www.time.com...

Parfitt started wondering about another aspect of the Lemba's now-credible oral history: a drumlike object called the ngoma lungundu. The ngoma, according to the Lemba, was near-divine, used to store ritual objects, and borne on poles inserted into rings. It was too holy to touch the ground or to be touched by non-priests, and it emitted a "Fire of God" that killed enemies and, occasionally, Lemba. A Lemba elder told Parfitt, "[It] came from the temple in Jerusalem. We carried it down here through Africa."

www.reporternews.com...

However, after studying the similarities, Parfitt concluded that the ngoma and the Ark of the Covenant were one and the same: Both were the dwelling place of God, carried on poles, forbidden to touch the ground and connected with death, fire, smoke and noise.

Lemba tribal lore says the ngoma exploded and destroyed itself, an idea Parfitt used to explain why his relic was radiocarbon dated to A.D. 1350. Parfitt believes the remains of the original Ark of the Covenant spawned the ngoma, an ark-junior, so to speak.

"It presumably is the son of the original," Parfitt said. "It had the same function. It was holy and had precious secrets kept inside and it was also a weapon. Then it disappeared, and all that was left was the legend."

But, that's just me, and we all know that Judeo-Christian specifications are not my specialty. But anthropologically and maybe archaeologically, I like this theory the best.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Very interesting documentary I saw yesterday. It backed every claim by scientific proof. The segment on the Ark of the Covenant is around min 4:30. If you have time, watch more, it was pretty mind blowing. I'm not sure if some of the claims made can be refuted.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Based on my own research over the years, here's what I can add. Some of my opinion is speculative, while other parts can clearly be authenticated.

First, let me say that the Bible is a cryptic book, encoded with rich symbolism that not many people in modern times can decipher. The keys ARE out there, but it takes a whole lot of reading from various source materials to grasp even a portion of what the Bible has hidden. Intrinsically, people know this, as it is still the most purchases book of all time, even if most never pick it up and read it. Many of those source materials include other eastern religious texts, astronomy, astrology, and even spiritual alchemy, not to be confused with satanic ritualistic magic and such....I'm talking about the practice of the prophets. They WERE alchemists! They were also scientists, astronomers, natural doctors, herbalists, and mathematicians. Only back then, they were called prophets, wise men, magi, etc. Like everything in life, this could be used for good and also could be used for evil. In modern times, however, any mention whatsoever into the esoteric "cult" realm, automatically deemed the material evil, so the masses have been content to not dare to look, otherwise they be labeled heretics and blasphemers. I do believe this is one of the biggest secrets of all time, and if people could just get past the indoctrination of their "doctrines of men" long enough to reach for it, much of the world's problems would cease to exist.

Current religions (take your pick), teach the Bible from a literal standpoint. While some passages may in fact be literal, it is my humble belief that much of it is intentionally allegorical, meant to deliberately hide secrets only for those "with eyes to see and ears to hear". So if you're not looking, you'll never "see", and thus live life out in a modern religion, happy with the literal translations within the texts, never knowing "true" salvation.

I found it ironic that you posted on one of my favorite topics, as I've long pondered the depths of what the Ark really was. One thing I've discovered, especially in the Old Testament, is that much of the symbolism is both physically real and also an inner representation of humans. (The "as within, so without" mentality). Take, for instance, the temple. Look at it's dimensions, it's contents, etc., and it is not hard to quickly realize that the temple represents an area of the human body....the brain, and more specifically, the pineal gland (the holy of hollies where only the prophets could enter). The 7 churches represent the seven chakra centers of the body, the 12 tribes represent the 12 zodiacal signs, with the 13th sign (Ophiucus) also being named in the Bible as Dinah - the sister to the 12 brothers. In the new testament, it is quite similar information, but "reworked" and rewoven into new stories. The 12 disciples again represent the 12 zodiacal signs, with the 13th (Ophiucus) being represented as Mary. The cherubim ALWAYS represent zodiac signs....the man, the bull, the lion, and the eagle are all ancient representations of the astrological "cross" in our zodiac. They didn't use the same symbolism that we do today, so a quick reference into how zodiac signs were represented in ancient times is all that is needed for the light to go on! But where the ark was used in the Old Testament, Jesus took it's place in the new. Notice that?
More on this in a moment....

Much of alchemy and ancient eastern philosophy has practices steeped richly in creating physical representations of the inner changes they wished to manipulate and control. By doing it physically on the outside, the change would also occur on the inside. Perhaps when the world rediscovers this hidden knowledge, the "temple" will be rebuilt....literally.

The Ark, however, was a little different to me...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is a great documantary about the Ark. The researcher has been studying the ark for more than 20 years.

He traced its journey from the temple to yemem and ethiopia then finally on to the the lemba in botswana.

For those who dont know, the lemba are a tribe of black african jews in botswana.
It has been proven through DNA studies that the Lemba are descended from 8-10 jewish men that left yemen in the 6th century.

The Ark of The Covenant was and is a war drum.
The hebrews were mercinaries and they carried a HUGE war drum into battle that was called the "voice of God".
It was considered a holy object and was never allowed to touch the ground and was carried on two poles just like the popular depiction of the ark.
And after the hebrews adopted the yewah cult as thier main religion the "voice of god" was used to carry the covenant as they roamed around the sinai.

Th orginal ark was lost thousands of years ago, but it was remade several times, the last being in the 1300's.

The lemba had the ark in their possesion until the turn of the 19th-20th century. It was then lost, but the research found it in a museum wharehouse in mozambique. He tried to get access to it but was denied by the mozambique authorities because the film crew was white.
so they hired a south african film crew and they were given access to the object and filmed it.

Some of the notable discoveries the researcher came across along his journey were;

Egyptian archeologists, have uncovered an eygyptian border outpost in the sudan, that was manned by mercinaries. At this outpost is a temple that has five doorways for five gods, one of the gods being yewah.

In jordan ancient semetic city has been recently discovered in the desert it dated to something like 2300 bc.
And this find has yielded a wealth of new information about the semetic peoples that became the hebrews.
Writings have been decipherd that say that the hebrews were part of a larger group of semetic peoples that worshiped 5 gods.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks09

Yeah... that's.... what I just posted about.
The drum theory.
That's what I would place my money on. But the one in the museum isn't the original, the original was destroyed. This is a copy of a copy of a copy, but the one in the museum dated 600 years old+ I think? Still impressive for a piece of wood.

Edit- I like the idea of it being a drum. It makes sense if you think about it. Used to strike fear, etc. Much less paranormal, but maybe still a little paranormal. But I don't think it has to be magnificent the way most people think about it.

Remember in Indiana Jones with the grail? And there are all the gold, beautiful grails? But the real one is the plain, old looking one.

Kind of like that.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahatmose

You're post reminds me of the Matrix.

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Great quote. Sometimes in order to change the world. You must first change yourself. The power to change the world is within us all.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

....continued.

So, having said all that, my belief is that the Ark was a device....perhaps also it represented something else, I don't know. It's contents and how it was made shed some light.

First, it was made of wood....a particular kind of wood. Then it was covered in gold. It's dimensions are specific. Kind of large for the few items it held, don't you think? But that is for speculation. We know that it held the Rod of Aaron, the 10 commandments, and a jar of Manna. We also know that it had two cherubs on it's lid, the middle place between them being called "the seat of mercy". We know that the entire unit carried an electrical charge, and that only prophets could enter into it's presence. When the Ark was housed within the temple, the prophets would place a chain around their ankle before entering The Holy of Hollies, which would allow outsiders to be able to pull the prophet out if he should be electrocuted. It was not prejudice in the way it disseminated it's charge, so we also know that it was an object that was not divinely controlled, but rather an object that sought to control the divine nature of electricity.

But today, we don't use the 10 commandments or a jar of manna to gain electrical currents, so what were these items used for? The rod of Aaron has great legend attached, in that it was said that this "rod" could generated an electrical charge all on it's own. One only needs to look at Egyptian hieroglyphs to see what this "rod" could have looked like.

So, why the need for the manna or the commandments? What were they, exactly, and what were they made of?

Well, therein lies the vast difference between alchemy and chemistry. Alchemy recognized and utilized the subtle powers and forces in the universe that modern chemists do not. We don't have miracle workers or prophets roaming the streets in modern times, because that knowledge was hoarded and secluded safely away from those who would use it for evil. Clearly, it was a far more powerful method than what we currently understand our electrical systems to be.

In order to "grasp" this concept, one must first acknowledge the power of the "word".....both the spoken, and the written words. "In the beginning was the WORD, and the word was with God, and the word WAS GOD". How much more clearer can the Bible be on this aspect? But not just any word....the words of God, himself. There are only two languages that are considered "pure".....one is Hebrew and the other is Sanskrit. Why, you ask? Quite simply, because when the letters of these alphabets are spoken into a machine which can generate vibrational designs based on the frequency of those letters, the geometric designs that are created look exactly like the letters when written. No other languages do this....hence, I believe, the "confusion of the tongues". So when the 10 commandments were placed inside the Ark, the power of the "word" was with the Ark.

Manna....nobody really knows what this substance is, except that it resembled coriander seed, fell from the sky and laid on the ground with the dew in the morning, and would go rancid quickly. Oh, it also tasted sweet.

My speculation, based on what I've read in alchemical texts, is this was quite simply nature performing alchemy. It has gone by many names.....the philosopher's stone, the opus magnum, etc. Luckily for the Jews, nature created it for them (or perhaps this was also an allegory). I won't go into the processes, but volcanic ash (which has been proven scientifically to have been a volcanically active region when the Jews wandered the desert), sea salt (which would be a likely combination if the volcanoes were in or around water), and dew were/are three requirements to make this....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

Continued.....

So, we have the jar of manna within the ark. Why? One must first comprehend the power of the subtle energies all around us first, in order to accept such a simple explanation. But along with the "words of God", this ark generated electricity....but not just ANY electricity.....electricity with intent and intelligence! Electricity with the impregnation of God's words carried on it's back. Moses WAS, in every sense of the word, a Magician, a prophet, a wise man, a magi....he KNEW things that the average person did not know. He was in touch with God. How could he have not been, if he gave the designs to build this ark? Folks who readily dismiss the ark as a "drum of war" are conveniently overlooking glaring facts about it's contents. Since when do drummers place objects, much less stones and liquids, into their drums? Why would an electrical rod be placed in a drum? I believe this is a disinformation tactic, as well meaning as it may be. Not only is it an absurd explanation, but I've seen those "drums", and they not only don't look anything like the drawings of the ark, but they also don't fit the descriptions or dimensions.

So does all this sound far-fetched? You have no idea! But research for yourself, and you'll begin to sound far-fetched too. This is exactly how these secrets have been able to stay secret for so long.....because people won't consider the possibilities that this was not only true, but a very real way of life, which is nothing like what we have today. Things seem pretty "off" in modern times, don't they? Like something is missing. Well, the answers can only be found within yourself, and as long as everyone goes about letting naysayers and debunkers dictate what they should and should not look into, and what they should and should not believe, then we'll never know the whole truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The Ark is not in Ethiopia or the Pyramids or anywhere here on earth. The bible tells us where it is especially in the last days when all of the signs are happening. I know some may say that people have been claiming all along historys great line that "these are the end days" and they would be correct, however, this is the only generation where all of the signs are happening at one time and in ever-increasing fervor. As for the Ark and where it is????

"Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant was seen within his temple; and there were flashes of lightning, loud noises, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail." [Rev 11:19 RSV]

The bible has spoken once again.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

Nice! And what is the temple? The HUMAN BODY!! The temple will be "rebuilt" and the "ark" will be placed within the temple once again.

Maybe perhaps the Ark represents the Pineal Gland itself!?! Currently, the human race is wandering around looking for the missing ark, wondering where it is, and WHAT it is. Science, as of late, has published a lot of material on the Pineal Gland, dubbing it the "God gland", which they think is responsible for our supernatural encounters with God. Along the same lines, much has been published on the effects of drugs and chemicals on the pineal gland, and rendering it hard, crystallized and virtually useless. So in a way, the human race is behaving like one large body, wondering where it's "ark" is....when all along, it is within us, and is up to US to reactivate it and rebuild the "body" or the temple of God. The Bible also clearly states that our bodies are temples for God.

Perhaps the story of the ark is trying to tell us how to reactivate it.....follow the simple commandments, and eat manna. Last I checked, my local grocer was clean out of manna....the recipes are there in the Bible in black and white!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join