It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who were the ancient gods?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
i think, based on the physical and other evidence, there are a couple of possibilities.

1. Elongated skull - types one and two. (there are two different 'types'). Creepy alien looking elongated skulls with much larger brain capacity than normal humans have been found at ancient sites worldwide, most notably, where also have been found amazing ancient ruins that it seems impossible that primitive humans had hte technology to build. Not a mention of them in my history textbooks tho.

Skulls found at: Malta; Omec; Egypt; Siberia; Marquesas Islands; Peru (Nazca and Paracas). and probably elsewhere too.

Links to some info. (just a starting point for those curious).

english.pravda.ru...

www.crystalinks.com...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
anw.com...
www.puppstheories.com...
www.diagonal-view.com...
users.on.net...

Books which touch on this are: underworld, by graham hancock (malta skulls); and the mystery of the olmecs by childress. (olmec elongated skulls - photos)

The current explanations are that they are deformed (same deformity, all over the world involving a large brain capacity?), when they have no signs of skull binding. I am not here referring to the skulls that do show signs of skull binding, as the local peoples bound their children's heads in IMITATION of this alien race. Maltese archaeologists are on record saying that they are 'a different race'. i.e. NOT human. [Please note: i am NOT referring to the bound skulls of ordinary humans which SHOW clear signs of head binding. I am only referring to the anomalous ones labelled as 'deformities' cuz there are NO signs of head binding.]

2. The Blue/Green Skinned Ones. Many of the ancient gods are depicted with blue or green skin. e.g. osiris, green skin; indian gods, blue skin. Tuatha de danaan of ireland were remembered in some accounts as having green skin. Did the green man of england have anything to do with this? Fairies i think were also sometimes said to have had green skin. Witches, we all know, have always been associated with green skin. (as well as shapeshifting and other magical arts). Is there a link between witches and an ancient alien race? Do any people today still have the blue skin gene? Yes. There is a family living in the appalachian mountains of USA that still have VERY blue skin. Is this where the idea of 'blue blood' for royalty comes from?

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

theres a better photo of the appalachian blue people - one of them was almost purple, but i cant remember where ive put it, maybe a google search would find it eventually.

3. The skinwalker/superman race.
This one's good. Okay. Chinese myths and legends say their gods (some of whom also have blue/green skin) came from the land of snow in the north, and these 'gods' (aliens or another race) could run really fast. as in REALLY fast. Now think about Achilles, who was an ancient greek demi god i.e. half god/half human. Could he not also fight really fast - there was something 'superhuman' about his speed and fighting ability acc. to legend. Now turn to North American Indian legends of skinwalkers, or beings who can run at the speed of a car on a freeway. they also have incredible superhuman strength. A good book on this topic if interested is Hunt for the Skinwalker. It includes modern day sightings and the ufo phenomena connection. These beings are also sposed to be shapeshifters. Actually, the idea of aliens who can run faster than a 'speeding bullet' and can throw cars around is not unfamiliar to us - think Superman. Also, another parallel i've noticed, is the movie Twilight - i.e. vampires, for those who have seen it. I wonder...? Yep, also note that Zeus, a greek god, was also a shapeshifter (turned into a bull, a swan you name it, he turned into it) and swam across the mediterranean apparantly. I wonder if maybe cuz their gravity on the home planet is different, that perhaps they SEEM superhuman in our gravity, but on their home planet they would be 'normal'.?

4. The shapeshifter race. (who may also be the skinwalker/blue skinned race). Shapeshifting is rife across mythologies. The skinwalker could shapeshift into a wolf, or a person with the head of a dog. Egyptian gods were depicted as having human bodies and dog heads (Anubis). I.e. they were associated strongly with animal counterparts. Greek gods like zeus were always shifting into different animal shapes for immoral purposes. Werewolf legends exist in england and europe, as well as 'hound of the baskerville type legends, of giant dogs/wolves that terrorize communities e.g. the one in france that the king sent after to be killed; and seem to be larger than a normal dog/have supernatural type abilities. Refer to Hunt for the Skinwalker book - the giant wolves that bullets had no effect on. (another vampire property supposedly). THe were-jaguar gods of mexico who were supposed to turn into jaguars. Also known for their shapeshifting were witches and wizards (had green skin too, and were often burned at the stake, like vampires). Vampire stories often have dracula shifting into a werewolf or a bat.. One of the roman cesears was said to have shapeshifted in front of someone. (account of this somewhere).

5. A vampire race? I am quite interested in this one. Vampires seem to have a lot of characteristics of an alien species to me: e.g. superhuman abilities - speed, strength etc : result of diff gravity on their planet? But more concretely: look at the statues of gods at st augustin, columbia - they have fangs. Fangs also feature on demons/dragons in asian mythology. Kali was a rather unpleasant indian god. I wonder if this is where the associating with religion and blood drinking/sacrifice came into being. Mexican gods needed blood to sustain their life; Golden woman in russia - blood sacrifices; (golden = shining, in some interpretations). Shining ones of sumer? (you need to see the movie twilight to get this bit). Ishtar always associated with a lion; achilles said: no pacts between lions and men.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Other potential alien races:

the dropa of china. who interbred with the locals who now have odd genetic makeup. Little yellow skinned aliens apparantly. stone disks found and bodies.

The starchild skull - a grey type race? Book on the starchild skull is available. Its LOOKING like it MAY not be a deformity. i dont think it is, just looking at it; way too weird looking. Especially in light of the local legends of the area which talk of aliens impregnating human women, letting them bare a child, then returning to collect the child at age 7 or so. the indigenous people called the aliens star people or something - people from the stars...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Th Dropa look pretty normal, actually.
That they look any different is part of a myth.
www.crystalinks.com...
As for the rest of the skulls, skull deformation is still in practice today, in some cultures of the world. most of those skulls could be explained as earlier examples of skull binding.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Blue Skin can be caused by drinking water with high concentrations of Silver in it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Elongated Skull:

There are various diseases that cause such deformities as mentioned before and throughout the web.

Blue Skin/Green/Shapeshifter/Superman/Wonderwoman/Vampire:

Legends are just what they are: Legends, myth. There is no scientific evidence to back them up.

However, I've done my fair share of biblical and gnostic readings and stumbled upon the book of Enoch. As an Abovetopsecret poster, I believe that you are familiar with it. There are mentions of giants that consume blood and such things. But again, these are mere writings that only people with Christian gnostic leanings will probably believe in.

We're a diverse folk with different beliefs that will unfortunately only be settled with scientific evidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You should look at some of the eastern religions, how simple forces of nature are turned into divine beings like a river "goddess". After many generations these belief become cemented in the psyche of any particular culture.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

An interesting thread on the possibility that the ancient gods and goddesses were based on real entities or genetic conditions. I think this should be explored more and am open to all possibilities. The stories of the myths are fascinating anyways, and provide a look into the cultures that provide them.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I would suggest the Fallen are the source of the ancient gods.

Genesis
6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face
of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they
were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

And again

6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after
that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men,
and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men
which were of old, men of renown.

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Hecules was a "mighty man" as were many in the patheon of pagan deities and lessor gods and goddesses.

It is clear today that the same is occuring yet again. We call them now Aliens, ET'S or Greys, and they are doing what they did in the "Pre-Flood world. Christ even suggests this would occur during the End Days.

Matthew 24
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

www.jesus-is-lord.com...

Noe = Noah

So, (like the days of Noah were), this is discussed specifically in Genesis 6.

As for Skull Shapes and Sizes specifically, I would expect diversity would also be found in the sons of God, much like we find in the Recreation on Earth. Many peoples, Many speicies of Birds, Fish, Mammals Etc. Many different Aliens/Fallen.

just my humble opinion

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Hello.. yeah, i am aware of the answering arguments you pointed out.
i still like my theory tho.

Re: dropa, yeah - im not saying the modern dropa look abnormal, im not sure bout that; but i did read that geneticists studied them and found some abnormalities. which if thats true, would corroborate the myths. supposedly there were actual finds of bodies/disks too. (there is probably a link to this somewhere = sorry im too lazy to find it..)

Oh, another possible race: normal caucasian type race in sumer that eats pretty much what we do.
statue of "goddess with a vase" which sitchin uses as a piece of evidence in the 12th planet. This statue is amazing FROM THE BACK- the full length view. you really need to look at it from behind - and you'll see, it looks just like she's wearing a spacesuit and helmet. a beautiful statue as well, even without any connotations. (goddess is ishtar i think).
modern ufo myth: in accounts of alleged abductions/ufo occupant sightings, a race of greys is often mentioned but so is a race of caucasian looking people who are quite tall.
?? cue spooky music..

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Oh, yeah, and the giant race of course.
i didnt put that cuz im not sure if they were an actual alien race or what.
but there's a lot of stuff about giants out there.

*large giant bones on utube: said to be hoax
*fossilized giant in ireland: said to be hoax
*accounts of early sailors who stopped in argentina of meeting 9 foot humans. (this one i think is pretty convincing, altho wikipedia doesnt).
*rumours/reports of giants bones 12-13 ft being unearthed in usa north and being reburied or being taken by a museum etc.
*the canyon cave story in north america with alleged giant bones discovered.
*tombe de giganti - in sardinia etc. (giants graves); hunnenbedden; hunnengraber: in holland and germany: giants' beds/graves; -they're dolment type alignments of megalithic stones
* very LONG tumuli in france and elsewhere
*historical accounts of king og of bashan being about 12 ft, and size of his bed 13 ft which was apparantly an ancient tourist attraction for a time
*i have a photo of a guy in military uniform standing in front of a very LONG coffin. about 13 ft. probably on the net somewhere
*david and goliath: biblical accounts of giants: "there were giants on the earth in those days" etc etc.
*herodotus speaks of the bones of orestes was it? who was sposed to be 10 ft.
*hercules the giant who supposedly built tiryns (a megathilthic fort you can see the big stone ruins on megalithic portal website i think)
*ajax the giant in the illiad (homer)
*many indigenous cultures will swear to you that the first inhabitants of their lands were giants: e.g. legends of australian aborigines - who i read somewhere say that the first people there were giants
*ruins fit for a giant: doorways of ruins in petra, jordan have doorways large enough for a giant. so do ruins of baalbeck, which according to some ancient accounts, was built by giants. (massive stones in baalbeck)
*ruins of gigantia on malta (a megalthic temple w massive stones). said to have been built by a giant. (looks like it too).
*accounts of giants said they had 6 toes and 6 fingers and double row of teeth. see genetic abnormalities of certain tribes of sth american indians who have 6 fingers/6 toes/double teeth.
* 6 fingered hand prints on ice age cave paintings - there are a couple
*modern day giants : look up the tallest people in the world: they regularly make it to 9 feet or so. A genetic throwback?
and many many many more stories as well.

Possible answer: either they come from a diff planet where gravity different - enabled them to grow larger;
or gravity /magnetic field perhaps? on earth was different at one time and everything, including humans, grew to a larger size: e.g. big reptiles (dinosaurs, crocs) big sharks, big trees, big insects, big mammals (first mammals in australia etc were massive), and so on..

??

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Unregistered

"Legends are just what they are: myth"

Just like the Legend of Troy? I think it is o.k. to assume that some of the things in the o.p. could be true just as they could be untrue. I don't know of any evidence to validate the legends, nor have I seen evidence to refute them.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
Witches, we all know, have always been associated with green skin. (as well as shapeshifting and other magical arts).

Really? Can you back this up? I think the idea of witches as having green skin owes a lot more to the production values of the Wizard of Oz rather than anything else.

Much of the western take for witches owes a lot to Germanic mythology and folklore and green skin isn't something that appears to often there either. Even the 'crone' archetype which has influenced a lot of preconceptions of witchcraft - and certainly inform the idea of the 'ugly old misfits' among us might be witches - aren't related to green skin.

Seriously, you'll struggle to find many examples of green witches, certainly enough to suggest the idea of green skin being more prevalent than any other colour, prior to the Wizard of Oz.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My ancestors had the "luck" to be baptized into christians before they developed their own pantheon of gods. Their gods before that were personifications of natural forces like water, fertility, death, and such. I guess that's the beginning of every pantheistic religion.
Nordic pantheon was one of those which developed more, they had many stories about their gods. And that's how it starts, you make a lot of stories, tell them for generations, and they become real. I bet vikings could smell Thor, just like greeks could feel power of Aphrodite, or Ares.
So, my point is, to have your own gods, you just have to know how to write, and to tell the stories to future generations like they are solid facts, and there you go, in 100 years or more, there is a pantheon of gods for you.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This has been discussed before.
Links
are ancient gods aliens?
ancient gods aliens?
ancient technology by the gods?
aliens the gods and angels of the ancients

Next time please try a quick search before starting a new topic. These are just a few of a very large number of topics existing on this subject already.

thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
nice thread.

Enki and Enlil are 2 names associated with the gods. man was made as a slave to them and to help them to work the land as to the gods it was a menial job to be doing.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
well, it may have been discussed before, but i dont think they said exactly the same thing as me, so i think im entitled to start a new thread if i want.

re: the green skin of witches. well i just find it interesting that in popular culture green skin is associated with witches - in light of the other stuff on green/blue skin. for an older association, i havent really looked into it; but i did read something about the green tuatha de danaan in ireland who may have been associated with witches - occasionally took people/abductions etc. green skin was assoc w fairies i think.

top topics

join