It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security On Guard for Right-wing Extremists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Homeland Security On Guard for Right-wing Extremists

www.wnd.com

WASHINGTON – A newly unclassified Department of Homeland Security report warns against the possibility of violence by unnamed "right-wing extremists" concerned about illegal immigration, increasing federal power, restrictions on firearms, abortion and the loss of U.S. sovereignty and singles out returning war veterans as particular threats.

The report, titled "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment," dated April 7, states that "threats from white supremacist and violent anti-government groups during 2009 have been largely rhetorical and have not indicated plans to carry out violent acts."

However, the report goes on to suggest worsening economic woes, potential new legislative restrictions on firearms and "the return of military veterans facing significant challenges reintegrating into their communities could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I emailed the pdf file for this homeland security memo to World Net Daily this afternoon and they just posted the story to their site minutes ago.

Is this DHS memo written by PSYOPS with the hopes of rallying conservatives against the government while also poisoning Obama fans against anyone that disagrees with him? I've noticed that the Obama fans I know are completely intolerant to hearing ANYTHING that is negative about Obama. They like to just say, "SHUT UP."

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Why did you open two threads on this?
DHS 10 Page Memo on Rightwing extremists

I don't mean to point you out for it but it is curious at the very least. My reply to the substance of this thread is on the one I linked above.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
PLEASE NOTE TO ALL ATS MEMBERS...........

This document surfaced the other day and has yet to be proven NOT A Fake............

Although the document looks real there is a very strong chance that it is not to create more civil unrest

Read it with caution until its been proven.............we will all know during the first part of next week.....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What many of you are failing to take into consideration is the fact that the Department of Homeland Security is equally concerned about left-wing terrorism. They're concerned about terrorism period. That's their job.

The tiny little American Communist Party has been investigated more times than you could ever imagine. You may have read about the "Red Scare" in the 1950's when a person could go to jail just for failing to turn in a communist sympathizer.

It's only when the shoe is on the other foot that you scream.

top topics

join