It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter To President Obama

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
More food for thought to OP.

Here is a link to a letter recently written to our President.

Politics aside, others feel compelled to share their views and opinions in the hopes that he does really care.

Might be helpful as a reference for style, tone etc. Includes contact info.

www.dailykos.com...

I wrote this letter about torture, wiretapping, and Obama's approach to the economic crisis because I still believe that, in some small way, writing to the Obama Whitehouse can make a difference. I publish the letter here because I know that unless those of like mind raise up their voices as well then that "small way" will be inconsequentially small.

Hope you find it useful. Keep up the good work. I applaud your effort.

Regards......KK

[edit on 14-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

And you know this truth right?So you have some inside knowledge that contradicts countless accounts of ETs true nature.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I dont think the language you are using emphasizes the message you are trying to get across very well, try writing a little less out of rage/emotion and write in logic/reason. The way your letter looks right now tells me an whiny 8th grader wrote it.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by RichM]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I would support the letter however think there is more chance of Obama sproughting wings and flying into one of the engines of Air Force One than this letter getting anything other than a polite reply which can be sumarised into the following "Aliens dont exist" "If we knew anything we would tell you" and probably have change in it a couple of hundred times.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
As I tried to post yesterday, before getting side tracked, by a protrusion, of disillusion, I don't think it is that important, yet if was so, you would not even make a thread like you did you would just do it, in my opinion, if its your passion, bro write him a letter, just don't have high hopes of answers, their are things in the ocean we are discovering we cannot explain, how is it we think we can explain, or even or government can explain the notion of Aliens? Their are so many wonders to discover here on Earth, still I would rather wait, until all things have been discovered here at home and understand before we beg for things we won't understand if in existence out of our own realms of understanding. Yet we are all born for a reason, perhaps this is yours bro..
I support you, follow your heart.. Yet such a thing would change our lives so much. Not saying we should be ignorant, just saying we should be in the right position for such a disclosure if one exists..

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Not to be negative, but this will not work. Cool idea though.
First off, this will never get to Obama, unless you throw it at him. It's just not possible for an employee to walk into the oval office with a package and say, "Hey, here's some mail."
Secondly, in order for this to even have a chance, not only would the petition have to get noticed, it would have to be a threat to Obama. The petition would have to threaten Obama that none of the people who signed the petition will vote for him in re-election if real information is not disclosed. He would have to feel the NEED to release any info. A threat for few million less votes in 2012 would be the only way.
So if you want this to even have a chance, it would definitely have to be a couple year project.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by 1capone1]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
So then that means we would need a mojority of the "people" and I say people even though its the ones counting the votes that have the power. To sign the petition. That is a lot of names. Do you think we could get that done.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
So then that means we would need a mojority of the "people" and I say people even though its the ones counting the votes that have the power. To sign the petition. That is a lot of names. Do you think we could get that done.

Again, I think it would take at least a couple years to get enough signatures. You would need a mass marketing strategy and vast promotion. Maybe you can get ATS to advertise the petition on the homepage, or have C2C advertise it.
It would also have to be VERY simple to sign. Not more then 3 clicks.
You could also form a "street team" of people who don't look crazy. (dressed nice, etc.), to stand outside stadiums before sporting events and handout pamphlets.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
WOW,those are some great ideas I wonder if ATS would be willing to help?I need to come up with a game plan for this if I am to be taken seriously.I just don't want it to end up like the 'Disclosure Project'.Thank you all for continuing to contribute.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1capone1
You could also form a "street team" of people who don't look crazy. (dressed nice, etc.), to stand outside stadiums before sporting events and handout pamphlets.

Could you remind me once again how crazy people look? I suppose you mean like Ted Bundy, Timothy McVey, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ted Kacinski, John Wilkes Booth, Richard Jewel, John Hinckley, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahlmer? (sorry bout spelling.)

The last time I got a pamphlet from a "nicely dressed person" it offfered the chance to work from home and make $1,000.00 a day.

And to mis-quote Robert Burns "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

While I can relate to the advantages of being organized, writing a letter or two seems like a good start. Less complicated.

Regards...KK

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's an improved letter that includes supporting evidence. If anyone's interested in using this I recommend they go to this thread and also download the FOIA
documentation
. I've done most of the heavy-lifting. The political activism kit includes letter templates for senators, congressmen, and the President.

Hello [Senator, Congressman, etc] [Name],

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website (www.dod.mil...) that deeply concerns me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, two year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing-red object floating over the facility.

Not believing this Cpt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, to report that the object was approaching the gate. This time Salas instructed the guard to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were entering a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost six to eight missiles that morning. Each silo ran on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all ten of their missiles. The loss of one missile due to system failure let alone eighteen is so statistically improbable as to be unprecedented.

The factualness of this is verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled Faded Giant to broaden awareness on this matter. In it, he notes Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers’ reveal tests could not identify a cause for missile shutdowns; likely explaining why in one declassified correspondence SAC stated the incident “was of very grave concern to this headquarters." Mr. Salas has also gone before the National Press Club and stated he’s willing to testify before Congress to the truthfulness of this story.
(www.youtube.com...)

With all of this a matter of public record how is it that the DOD publicly states, "No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security?”

The defense implications are obvious and frightening. In view of this event we desperately need public congressional hearings to determine why Blue Book was shutdown. We need to understand why the USAF neglected to inform the Condon study of this case, especially since the findings of the Condon Report were one of the few justifications for closing Project Blue Book. In absence of congressional action we deserve a full report from the DOD and USAF spelling out how this does not constitute a national security threat!

I implore you to discuss this issue with your fellow Senators, the Congress, the Defense Department, the United States Air Force, and if possible the President of the United States.

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security!

Concerned citizen,

[Your Name]

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Maybe mail the petitions from one end of the country to another end hitting every major city in the US. which means we would probably need to start on either the east coast or the west coast. What say you???? Kind of network the petitions a little bit. just so we can be sure that we get enough signatures.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by 1capone1

Could you remind me once again how crazy people look? I suppose you mean like Ted Bundy, Timothy McVey, Lee Harvey Oswald, Ted Kacinski, John Wilkes Booth, Richard Jewel, John Hinckley, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahlmer? (sorry bout spelling.)

The last time I got a pamphlet from a "nicely dressed person" it offfered the chance to work from home and make $1,000.00 a day.

And to mis-quote Robert Burns "The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry."

While I can relate to the advantages of being organized, writing a letter or two seems like a good start. Less complicated.

Regards...KK

Oh don't get so defensive, you know exactly what I mean.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
S&F.

I think there is an opportunity in this letter to suggest the perhaps the UFO'logy' community will assist the govt's with disclosure in anyway possible.

We can't expect the president to just come out an say it without a plan or a process to assist those who will be affected, as this information will tear their belief system.

There has to be support networks, counselling, foreign language speakers etc.

I'm just saying that offering a solution to a problem usually helps the cause.

There is much we as a community can do to facilitate and spread hyoe about this.
Even if he doesn't come out with it now, lets begin by putting some framework together on how this should happen for the greater good of all not just the believers.

Good work

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You have my support. I am definitely in. Only thing is it needs to be extremely well written. Other than that great idea...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
First you'd have to start by addressing it to the angle grinder as opposed to the monkey - Obama is just a puppet in show.

Nice thought though.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I Deffinatly support this, ive been lurking this site for a year.. and this is the thread that made me actually make an account, i really hope this goes somewhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If the letter and signatures ever gets finished, you should send them to basically every country in the world with translated versions, as the US gov is the least likely that would be the first to disclose.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This being my first post I want to make it count...

I think that you have a well-based idea and the truth SHOULD be told. However, I don't think you're going about it the right way. In my personal opinion this goes waaay over the President's head. It kind of makes you wonder about how far this kind of conspiracy goes and how deep these things take root. A sternly-worded letter to the President isn't gonna do diddly-squat....

But then again, this is just me rambling on.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You have my support 100%, I would be proud to provide my signature to a letter to the effect of yours. Of course, you know the Illumanatti, Bilderburgers, Rockefellers, Rothchild's, and Black-Op Government behind the real government have to give their approval before the President can even go the mens room. So, I'm sure they will have to sign off on this as well.
Regards,
CBS

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join