It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Letter To President Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adrifter
I totally and morally disagree!

Government is not control, Government, especially American, or Democratic, is the closest thing to heaven man will EVER find on this Rock, we call EARTH. Shame on you.. Control.. WOW,, I suppose I am just one of the few that has seen communist rule.. On a lighter note.. Man, is not broken, he is just not trully understood, my brother...

First off Im not sure whether or not you are aware of this but our form of Government is a Republic not a Democracy. If our so called elected officials Governed strictly by the Constitution things would be alot better, but clearly this is not the case. I'm not sure why you bring up communist, I don't believe I made any reference to communism.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
good effort man! thats the #ing spirit lad!

s+f and you got my support!

but, obama is probably an alien himself?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

wow....get your god damn head out of space. we have some bigger problems to make known than some stupid space aliens. what the # is wrong with you people?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

I totally and morally disagree!

Government is not control, Government, especially American, or Democratic, is the closest thing to heaven man will EVER find on this Rock, we call EARTH. Shame on you.. Control.. WOW,, I suppose I am just one of the few that has seen communist rule.. On a lighter note.. Man, is not broken, he is just not trully understood, my brother...

First off Im not sure whether or not you are aware of this but our form of Government is a Republic not a Democracy. If our so called elected officials Governed strictly by the Constitution things would be alot better, but clearly this is not the case. I'm not sure why you bring up communist, I don't believe I made any reference to communism.

since I am getting drug into this...

I will make it worth it..

We were founded on a democracy, in essence we are still a democracy, the partied system, is just a mutation of such a design. Republic democracy, we are still free people here, with rights, and civil liberty's. I disagree with you because all you see is government as control, it should be viewed as civil intellect and contort towards evolving a nation as a whole towards living smarter and not harder, where laws and rules are adjourned by, not pressed up the soul of free men.. We are free here in America, we are still envy of the World whether you wish to walk in the sands of desolate wastelands where pharaohs dream of our lands, we are free! We have also bled for such a thing, and I will not agree with anger towards an establishment of freedom, whether it be tainted or not my brother, and you a brother.. Take pride in such a feat of achievement.. We are free, on a message board in the 21st century in America, talking about nonsense.. Without no worries of police coming to take us to jail for treason!! Profound!! Careful who you get mad at... Just try to keep it civil..
Prove me wrong.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thanks you all for your opinions and support.I apologize for the massive grammatical errors and the heavy laden emotion in the letter.

My point of this thread was mainly to judge member response and support,as well to hear arguments from both sides.I would in no way ever send that letter to the President.In a way I was judging members belief in a disclosure as well as faith in ATS being a pivotal point for that disclosure.I realize that in all logical likelihood this letter would not even be read,instead it would be scoffed at and ridiculed.My intent is not to send this letter anytime soon,like I said this thread was simply the first step,to judge public opinion.(since we here on ATS do run more of a Democracy than my US government)I am anxious to hear more of members opinions and support or non support for something like this being tried again to garner disclosure.I also want to point out a mistake about the 'millions of members',I meant millions of visitors,not members.Thank you all and I look forward to more responses~JKrog

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lorents

wow....get your god damn head out of space. we have some bigger problems to make known than some stupid space aliens. what the # is wrong with you people?

"We people" are looking way past your obvious narrow spectrum of reality and trying to fix these problems,which in root may be because of this secret.There is strong evidence of government occlusion and knowledge of ETs and advanced technology and doctrines,which would completely fix our ever growing problems.Sir I ask that you do what you do and I(we)will do what we do,since none of us are going to be able to solve the economy.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC

Originally posted by tallcool1

Your post is exactly what I am talking about. Ignorantly showing your intolerance for Christians while blindly spewing the false beliefs about Christianity that has been spoon fed to you - all the while hypocritically clinging to your religion of alien visitation.

Since you are clearly not a Christian you shouldn't be so small minded to assume what all Christians would believe if aliens were to land. Sorry to dissapoint all you hate-mongers, but if your magic little aliens land, many, if not most Christians would not even feel a ripple against their faith in God. The two are in no way connected, although I'm sure that there may be some cults that think they are rooted in Christianity that may be "shaken to the core", but the average Christian would be just fine.

Tell that to the pope. Because according to him, Aliens are "Gods" children as well. hes already prepped the masses of Roman Catholics. Though when will Shepard Preacher Father Brother etc... Whomever prep you for the imminent First Contact with everyone else who hasn't witnessed them.

Riddle me this Batman.....

Why would I tell anything to the pope? I'm not a catholic. Contrary to popular belief, Christians are definately not catholics. Catholics believe the pope is literally the mouth of God and that we need to worship dead "saints" and pray to Mary and other non-Christian activities. I do not need a pope or any other political person to tell me what to believe. The catholic church has a long history of adding rules and regulations to the Christian faith for the sole purpose of power and control.

Back to the topic:

Contrary to what you seem to believe, if the pope is saying that aliens are God's children also, how does that shake the foundation of their religion? Seems like you are making the same point that I was - that if aliens land, Christians (and catholics too) wouldn't have their faiths shaken at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I just don't think they know much more then us. Not to mention, I don't think they could explain it.. Just as we cannot.. For certain things I suppose it should just be worried about itself, we are but fragments in life as a whole, we should worry about our lives and the ones we love before we ask for more things unknown from the establishments that help maintain our ways of life is all I suggest. I don't think they understand it either bro.. Even if they give away all they're secrets.. They are secret because they have no answers... I don't think it would be fair... To call their bluff.. If they have the secrets that is... Yet we will still speculate, it is our nature...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

since I am getting drug into this...

I will make it worth it..

We were founded on a democracy, in essence we are still a democracy, the partied system, is just a mutation of such a design. Republic democracy, we are still free people here, with rights, and civil liberty's. I disagree with you because all you see is government as control, it should be viewed as civil intellect and contort towards evolving a nation as a whole towards living smarter and not harder, where laws and rules are adjourned by, not pressed up the soul of free men.. We are free here in America, we are still envy of the World whether you wish to walk in the sands of desolate wastelands where pharaohs dream of our lands, we are free! We have also bled for such a thing, and I will not agree with anger towards an establishment of freedom, whether it be tainted or not my brother, and you a brother.. Take pride in such a feat of achievement.. We are free, on a message board in the 21st century in America, talking about nonsense.. Without no worries of police coming to take us to jail for treason!! Profound!! Careful who you get mad at... Just try to keep it civil..
Prove me wrong.

LOL im not getting mad and I would like to know where you read Government is control. It certainly wasn't in any of my post.

BTW Does this sound familiar?

pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

We do not live in a Democracy! Their is a big differance watch the clip Plz.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As long as no one cares about spelling or punctuation, these posts will continue to appear as the ravings of the mad.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by XcLuciFer

Just look at it this way bud...

It is not our government talking about aliens, because well they would get laughed at won't they? It is us, who get laughed at instead.. So that right their proves their intelligence to me.. As far as proving Government origins, thats all you.. Don't get mad, I am wrong..
Does anyone else understand what I just wrote?

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

jkrog - I am sorry for my part in this thread somewhat derailing into a discussion of whether "alien disclosure" would destroy the foundations of Christianity. I feel that if you want to send the president a letter and however many others want to add their signature to it seeking disclosure - then why not. Worst case scenario it goes unopened and ignored, but at least you tried to uncover something you believe in. Who knows, even though I don't personally believe aliens have visited Earth, maybe they have and maybe there's proof and maybe your letter is the straw that breaks the camels back and Obama opens all secret files on the subject. Don't worry about what other people think or believe, do what you feel you need to do and maybe something will happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It is not our government talking about aliens, because well they would get laughed at won't they? It is us, who get laughed at instead.. So that right their proves their intelligence to me.. As far as proving Government origins, thats all you.. Don't get mad, I am wrong..

lol.. You ask me to prove something to you and I did! I'm not upset with you at all. Maybe you get laughed at but I don't. I hope you watched the clip it very educational.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcLuciFer

lol.. You ask me to prove something to you and I did! I'm not upset with you at all. Maybe you get laughed at but I don't. I hope you watched the clip it very educational.

I would rather not be part of the problem.. I have taken note to the video..

I am enlightened.. PEACE

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Due to obvious disagreements as seen in this thread we are not allowed access to what one might consider truth and disclosure. The small things and trivial pursuits of each individuals life and opinions are what separate the small from the many. The only way this will stand or even leave this website is with a mass amount of people supporting it. Sadly to say, Obama is a puppet and a pawn. If enough people can be unified in a single purpose and put aside their important perspectives for just once, then maybe we can get together enough minds to make this letter known and public, in that we might get disclosure. "MAYBE"

I am with you and will put aside my separate opinions as I like to realize how unifying disclosure could possibly be. Imagine the ramifications and possibilities if Obama addressed the subject in the MSM.

It would be something entirely different from the previous or current focus but through it we could find something better and use it as a standing point by understanding our human race is not the only intelligent beings in space. Could be used as a means of hope but likewise as panic.

So instead of dividing ourselves on the subject, just for the sake of seeing what will happen, I support this and hope many do the same.

S&F by the way. Where many have tried many will fail but with determination maybe someday we will have the illusive answers.

All of your draft, as stated above, will need to be edited and wrote very professionally just to be seen or be considered for viewing. Time will tell and I logically conclude this will get nowhere but I support it and hope.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Thank you for your reply and appoligy,it shows great intellect and maturity.Don't feel bad this is one of the reasons I made this thread;to see how the 'masses' would react to such a idea,as disagreement is inevitable in this type mass speculation in this type of topic.Your arguments are probably one major reason for no disclosure if the government does know anything(I think they do).

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I support it, but we should have someone write it in a professional and sincere manner. Anyone want to do it?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus
Who cares how it was written, how it is spelled, or how it is said. I want disclosure, don't you guys? Great idea and good post.

Dude, if you going to send a letter to the Pres. You gotta make sure its well written and thought out, or it will just get thrown out.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Really... and once they announce the existence of extraterrestrial beings, then what? Tell me?

Ill tell you: nothing. You dont even know why you want so badly that your government tell the truth officially. You don't need the government to "know" that aliens do exist, dont you? Or? no dont tell me that you actually are unsure of their existence, so you need your dear government to be certain of it? Seriously guys, maybe should i make a thread or someone else, even if all people on the world truly KNOW about aliens (exept for those religion freaks), what do you think it will change in your lives??? Don't you dare to tell me the aliens will show themselves to us, that aint happening. It would only create chaos in the world, you really like hopeless and pointless goals dont you? Alalala...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hell, I sign it. Have you checked out the site thepetitionsite.com. Check it out. It will let you start a petition then you can send it to whomever you want. Although I pretty sure it cant be 20 pages long, it still might be a good way to collect a bunch of signitures.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join