A Letter To President Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I like your idea but it will have to get his attention, we'll need a bunch of names on a petition, witnesses, and real good evidence to back it up. All of that might end up being like 25-50 pages. With a document like that being plopped on his desk I imagine it would be hard to ignore.

Something you might want to argue in your statements is that whatever is flying around in our skies is a much greater technology than we have right now and could be just the thing to pull us out of this economic nightmare.

I would try to leave UFO and ET evidence separate, we need to get him interested in benefit for society, like clean energy. We should come up with a list of the best disputed topics on ATS as evidence. Personally I'd of course put Roswell, Betty & Barney Hill, phoenix lights, the star child, various videos and eyewitnesses. Add a really long petition of names plus a strongly worded letter, it just might intrigue him to look into it, but I still wouldn't be overly optimistic.

We got to get him to think sacrificing national security by releasing these documents in return for the over all benefit of human kind and avoiding future problems like Global Warming, World Wars, Overpopulation, Running out of Resources, etc. He hopefully would listen to that, unless he's that corrupt.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Or unless the letter gets to someone else before Obama and just trashes it.
In this case, quantity > quality, which means many more letters would be better than one really long letter.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Alright,good replies people.....good suggestions......lets keep them coming.I will take care of the 'big names' on the letter,I just need this starting support first everyone!

So like I said either star and flag or u2u or just keep posting and tell me if your on or off!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
First off, you need to stop posting walls of text.

Second of all, if larger initiatives such as the Disclosure Project, etc, have failed to bring about disclosure, what makes you think that a Conspiracy Forum will do the trick?

Good luck, but it's not gonna happen.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Who cares how it was written, how it is spelled, or how it is said. I want disclosure, don't you guys? Great idea and good post.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
well put sir,
As an individual, an intellectual, and a citizen of this planet. I whole heartedly agree. The draw backs I see, are simple. Have you any idea what the effects would be? Let us say this does go through. President Obama reads this letter, and says to him self "This bloke is absolutely right" This one action will blow economy straight to hell, religious types will find that the possibility that they have been mislead all their lives is more prevalent now than ever before. Riots start becasud "F**k it thre is no god anyway" the citizens of the world decide to plunder and loot lawlessly and violently because now they KNOW their respective governments are lying to them, What else are they lying about. etc.
The older generation toting shot guns shooting Mexicans on the border because they hear the word "Alien" and possibly think Illegal Alien in defness (no not all oder generations) Yes, science would improve and all that once the riots stopped etc. even education may carry on.
Now.. yes, that is an absolute worst case scenario. I realise that. and yes I understand your retort before you say it "not all people are like this anymore" but mate, it takes only one cell to cause an irreversible cancer.
I simply state this because yes, I completely agree with you as an individual, and you simply throw out reasons, and good scenarios.. I feel it necessary to remind of the worst case scenario.
On that same note mate, I invite you with humility to retort a standing argument against my own response to you.
cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkCyrus
Who cares how it was written, how it is spelled, or how it is said. I want disclosure, don't you guys? Great idea and good post.

Dark cyrus. You certainly speak this opinion with utter gusto. This in itself is not bad. BUT if one is serious about contacting a government office with an argument as seriosu as TIHS.. one really does want to be taken just as seriously.. a letter written like this is tantemount to showing up in the white house demanding to speak to the president in torn jeans, no shoes, and weilding a bottle of mad dog 20/20... the result in both cases... .tossed in the sh** house for recycling. As serious as this author seems, it is strongly suggested to collect data, research, citation, and even learn APA, or MLA format to propose an intelligently written disertation, and argument on just why this demand should be met. The author must needs give a conserted effort to list every pro and con on the dissertation as well.
The author must needs keep one question in mind during this entire process as well. What if the president agrees to this and discloses a horrible fact that aliens are on the moon preparing for an intergalactic battle against the people of Earth? The author must also be prepared to visualise the ardent social chaos caused by such a statement. The panic, and the hell we will face because of it.
cheers.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
reply to post by asmall89

Or unless the letter gets to someone else before Obama and just trashes it.
In this case, quantity > quality, which means many more letters would be better than one really long letter.

someone does read the letter first. There is an entire staff of people that read presidential mail from the general public to the president as 90% of the letters are completely insane. Honestly they are things like "Bring back Elvis.. Bring back Hee Haw and the like. Make a national NASCAR day, seriously. Make a Husbands day.... you would be amazed. lol even letters like this one EVERY day

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Obama, huh?

What makes you think that the current pResident has any free will over his own decisions?

It's going to take a lot more than a letter to force disclosure... Perhaps, I could be wrong. It might take a lot less, provided a few people will one day speak the truth supported with evidence.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'm with you.

Aslong as this is your first draft, and you rewrite it, then you've got my vote.
But to be honest, if this gets to Obama, he'll just be stuck up and ignore it.
If you wrote all our names down, it'd just be a fraction of the population, and he'd dismiss it as not enough.
There's only one way to find out though!

Jacob

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
I know,it is only a 'pre first draft'...I want send this out for a few months...I am working on something(the evidence I referred to),plus the real letter will likely be around 5-20 pages.

If you really want anyone to read this letter you should keep it to 1 page max, 1 or 2 paragraphs preferably. You could submit an attachment that has details but you really should put EVERYTHING you want anybody to read in that 1 page.

Keep it level headed and non-confrontational. No all cap words, no words like "lies", etc.

[edit on 13/4/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Im not sure about this, its indeed a good idea but kind of poorly written and uhm can you imagine how many letters is "he" getting? And even if he would read it, I think he'd just ignore it... Good luck though. Peace.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Patox]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I am a new member although I have been reading and visiting the site for quite some time now. Anyways this would be a great idea in a perfect world and I do, would and will support in anyway possible. But in my opinion the leaders of the world have to much invested in keeping this well known fact of "aliens" a secret from mainstream society. So I believe you are on to something here the more people we get to back you up the better chance we have of making the change ourselves and having the truth revealed...Keep working on that letter I support you Brother...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

We have MILLIONS of members on ATS........

There are 165,790 people registered. Of those, there are many banned or who have stopped posting ... or who have never posted. I think the active list is something like 4,000.

You wanted comments .. here are mine.

- I'm glad you feel passionately and strongly enough to get involved.

- You need to rephrase your letter. You can't 'demand' something unless you are in a position of power or hold some cards in which you are able to do so. You aren't and you hold no power. Demanding is something you can't do.

- The letter is passionate but not professionally written. (sorry)

- One letter is nice. But many letters along with protests are better. Take note of the Tea Parties that have spung up and are gaining popularity. Model what you do after those.

- Nearly everyone in the world - except for some groups of Christian fundamentalists and the governments of the world - admit that there are ETs. It's pretty damn obvious that they have been/are visiting here. Perhaps taking the 'shame them' approach ... expose THEM for being ridiculous .... will work?

- Demanding that the government acknowledge that which a good chunk of humanity already knows to be true could take time. Look at how long it took the Vatican to un-excommunicate Galileo. It took hundreds of years for them to un-excommunicate the poor fella' and in the mean time everyone knew he was right.

(funny side note - now it's the Vatican that is taking the lead among governments .. they are the ones that recently said that there probably is life off of Earth and that it doesn't effect religious beliefs).

Anyways .. you wanted comments .. there ya' go.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
That would be nice, but its never going to happen. The power elite will always keep the sheep in line by giving them patitudes and falsehoods, to candy coat everything, then get your minds off on something else fast.
It is the way they operate.

cheers!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I know,it is only a 'pre first draft'...I want send this out for a few months...I am working on something(the evidence I referred to),plus the real letter will likely be around 5-20 pages.

Sir, with all due respect, I think you are wasting yours and our time. I understand the desire to know all about what Big Gov is aware of, regarding UFO's and other such secrets. Pres Obama knows little because he is not high on the "need-to-know" list, as was explained to Pres Clinton when he asked the CIA, several years ago.

Given the seriousness of the economy, Iran etc., your 5-20 page letter would go non-stop to the "round file", in my opinion. By the way, how many thousands of dollars did you donate to his campaign last year? It matters to a political operative who will be screening your letter, you know?

You even said, "We are willing to sign "non disclosure agreements" if we must but at least tell us all the truth." Oh, really! So if Obama tells YOU all he knows, you'll be willing to keep it from ATS'ers whom you represent? How arrogant of you as a representative of us to make such a statement.

Lastly, regarding the grammar and miss-spellings in your 'pre first draft', this would have been easy to run though a checker before being posted here. To not do so, raises questions of your abilities to be successful in your enterprise.

I don’t want to come across as dismissive of someone who has ideas and is proposing to do something. You are to be commended for your initiative. Unfortunately, you asked for our honest opinions, and that can be detrimental to your ego, sometimes. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I agree with the sentiment, however I have several reservations.

For example, I don't believe in Extra-Terrestrial life, it's a certainty. You cannot propose that of the hundreds of billions of galaxies each containing hundreds of billions of stars there is not just one star with planetoids orbiting at a distance and velocity which would allow for the development of life. There are lifeforms out there some more advanced and some much less so than ourselves.

As to the government owning up to this - not a chance. Even on the day they land and unequivocally voice their existence to the world the governments will admit contact for an extremely limited period, a year or 2 at the most, and take credit for 'coaxing' them down to show themselves.

These types of petition have failed time and time again. Disclosure project for example. Their petition contains the names, occupations and clearance levels of some pretty senior NASA, MoD, USAF, RAF and many many other civil servants who would reasonably be privy to this type of information in their roles and responsibilities. Did they ever get disclosure? So if this group of intellectual people in the know receive no response to their calls for disclosure, what makes you think anyone will submit to any evidence we at ATS can provide?

As for protesting, sounds like a plan; if you want to waste your time that is. Protesting changes nothing without action. It's been seen time and time again - the only time peaceful protesting has worked was when the Venezuelan people demanded (and rightly so) Hugo Chavez' release. But admitting to ET's just isn't that big a concern for most. Certainly not enough for even 10's of thousands to protest and see a result. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find even a few hundred.

OK so out with the negative. The most likely way this letter will work is if it's:

a) re-written in a short, concise executive summary.

b) supported by several levels of as yet undisputed evidence.

c) sent NOT only to the president, but to every parliament across the globe - you have to hedge your bet's with things like this i.e. the Peruvian government are more likely to admit to ET visitation than the US.

I'm with you, and I wish you all the best I just have seen this question raised and quashed so many times before that it's literally unthinkable that you would receive any kind of response.

I'll gladly help to write on behalf of the community, or offer any kind of time to research I can - I say it seems a waste of time, but time's all I have right now, so feel free to call on me, and sorry to sound so negative.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
First...I love the idea, but agree that it has to go through a major re-write, get a bunch of signatures and (in my opinion) needs to go to Obama AND the media.

However...there is more to the UFO/ET disclosure that meets the eye (IMO). If there are ETs visiting Earth...I believe it is more than the threat to religion etc. that keeps the information from being exposed. Something we haven't thought of. Something that would cause major, major problems for either the world...or the government. Some reason THEY can't let everyone know.

I'd love to see a thread discussing what that SOMETHING could be. For example..."They are us from the future...a future they need to save by killing most of us." Something on those lines, I believe, is a better reason for non-disclosure than religion or panic.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
PS: In addition to a general, stream-lined, concise letter...I would suggest a website with hyper-links (or popups) to reference items, and information. That would allow the letter itself to be brief and concise, but still provide all the needed, backing information.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Excellent idea, but we would have to get millions of signature's and then find a way to get it to the president's eyes only.
And only then we might be able to get to the truth, and finally get full disclosure...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join