It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Admit They Own FOX?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This stuff is sooooo old. How come I don't see 10 posts a week talking about how Dems own MSNBC? (Or CNN? Or the New York Times?) In reality it's probably because MSNBC has as many viewers as the Golden Girls reruns do. Fox only gets hit so hard because it's by FAR the # 1 watched tv network. But I'm suuuuure it's only #1 because sheeple and robo morons watch it. YAWN

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

I was searching for something I read it once on ATS that top 25 outlets are controlled by bilderberg, however I found this thas worth reading.

Bilderberg controlled media

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I hate to say it...but this is coming from the Daily KOS, it wouldn't surprise me if the Democrats ran this website (which...they do, actually, it is a very partisan site)

And Fox is a very partisan network. Too bad they aren't both made of anti-matter, we could bang em together and get rid of the entire bloomin' mess.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So what. Obviously it is a slanted republican station. You can tell their anchors also lean republican. Why shouldnt they have a station. Hell 95% of the newspapers and other media are run by democrats. The democrats also own hollywood. Not sure what the problem with them having a station is. If you dont like it, dont watch it.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Some people seem to want to find something evil in this station because it leans towards Republicanism, but these same very people say nothing about CNN being politically influenced by Communism?

CNN's owner himself admitted that CNN International was an idea which CASTRO gave him... Why do you think a known Communist dictator would want CNN to go international?....

I thank you very much for being here tonight. Let me also thank Fidel Castro. In the earliest days of CNN, when CNN was meant to be seen only in the United States, the enterprising Fidel Castro was pirating and watching CNN in Cuba. Fidel was intrigued by CNN. He wanted to meet the person responsible. So Ted Turner, who at that point had never traveled to a Communist country or knowingly met a Communist, [went to Havana]. It was big deal for Ted and during the discussions Castro suggested that CNN be made available to the entire world. In fact it was that seed, that idea that grew into CNN International, which is now seen in every country and territory on the planet.

ww w.nieman.harvard.edu

So I guess for some Americans, and other people around the world it is ok for CNN to have a leftist bias, and have been an idea by a known Communist, Ted Turner, who got the idea to make CNN International by a known Communist dictator.

BTW, Ted Turner's claim that this was the fist time he met a Communist is not true as recounted by none other than Jane Fonda.

Fonda Recounted Ted Turner's Atheism and Boasting of Communist Friends

By Tim Graham (Bio | Archive)
April 20, 2006 - 17:37 ET

There are a few other more personal notes in the Barbara Walters interview with Jane Fonda on PBS. Ted Turner's first words on his first date with Fonda are a little bizarre: "We got in the car. His first words to me was, ‘some of my best friends are communists. I’m thinking, ‘did he say that because he thinks I’m a communist, and it won’t get in the way’?" He named Gorbachev and Castro as his close friends.

Walters told Fonda "We all though that was a marriage that was pretty special." She asked "What broke it up? The rumor was that you became spiritual. You found religion. He didn’t like that." She also mentioned that Turner had adulterous relationships.

Fonda agreed that religion became a problem: "I did it while I was married to him and I didn’t tell him, which is not playing fair actually. But by then, we weren’t on the same team, basically. I felt myself being drawn to faith, very strongly, very viscerally, and Ted was the champion of the debate team at Brown. And I knew that if I talked to him about it, he who was an atheist, he would talk me out of it. And I was so raw and so new with this faith that I didn’t want to expose myself to that. So he found out and got upset, as well he should have. It was not a good thing for me to have done."

Walters: "Is it still very important to you?"

Fonda: "It is. I’m in theology classes in Atlanta, and I’m trying to...I was raised an atheist myself, so I have a lot of catching up to do, to find out what does this mean? So I’m studying theology, the history of religion, the history of the Bible."

Walters: "Do you go to church?"

Fonda: "I do sometimes. I’ve been traveling too much in the last year."

—Tim Graham is Director of Media Analysis at the Media Research Center

newsbusters.org...

Americans should be more worried about CNN, than from Fox News, unless Fox News was owned by the Corporation which President Obama and his administration gave a lot of power to with H.R. 1388.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Don't like Republican ideas? Don't like the Conservative slant? Nobody is forcing you to watch Fox. You are quite free to change the channel and put it on MS'___'...ooops!....I mean....MSNBC! Plenty of Liberal spin to be found there.

Now that I think about it, it seems to me that most of the media has a Liberal bias. I can't believe people are so upset about the fact that there is still one news channel that gives a voice to the conservative side of things. Seems to me that certain people are afraid of having their viewpoints challenged. Intellectual cowardice at its finest.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

i don't watch the news on tv, just posted this here for intelligent discussion ... so don't push this on me like i'm trying to bang up one party over the other, i could care less ...

if your post is not towards me then disregard this ...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

My post was not aimed at you. It was aimed at Fox-bashers in general. I probably should have been more clear on that. Sorry for any misunderstanding I may have caused.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

no problem, ... i figured it was more of a generalized statement ... just wanted to reassure myself ...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The sad thing is that we need any proof at all too come to a consensus on this.

FOX is about as fair and balanced as a tire rolling down a hill...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightmare
Don't like Republican ideas? Don't like the Conservative slant? Nobody is forcing you to watch Fox. You are quite free to change the channel and put it on MS'___'...ooops!....I mean....MSNBC! Plenty of Liberal spin to be found there.

Now that I think about it, it seems to me that most of the media has a Liberal bias. I can't believe people are so upset about the fact that there is still one news channel that gives a voice to the conservative side of things. Seems to me that certain people are afraid of having their viewpoints challenged. Intellectual cowardice at its finest.

Not afraid of different view points, just don't like Neocon lies, manipulation and propaganda starting wars, winning elections and the like... There is only so much spin you can apply before the original article of information is turned into a falsehood - LIE.

News should not have any bias, news should be information not pasted together by physiological profilers as it is on FOX.

Unamerican, Unpatriotic, Terrorist lovers, Real Americans etc... thats what I don't like on a personal level, likely make some FOX anchor jerky...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Not afraid of different view points, just don't like Neocon lies, manipulation and propaganda starting wars, winning elections and the like... There is only so much spin you can apply before the original article of information is turned into a falsehood - LIE.

News should not have any bias, news should be information not pasted together by physiological profilers as it is on FOX.

Unamerican, Unpatriotic, Terrorist lovers, Real Americans etc... thats what I don't like on a personal level, likely make some FOX anchor jerky...

Well that is just fine. But please understand that there are some people who don't like the Liberal lies, manipulation, propaganda, ect, that get passed off as news on most of the other networks.

Personally, I'm no fan of any of the cable news networks. I prefer talk radio, internet news sources, podcasts, ect. But even those are slanted to one side or another.

The fact is that you will be hard pressed to find ANY source of information where somebody's opinion doesn't slip in somewhere. It is just a matter of preference. Ultimately, it is up to the individual to use their brain to separate fact from opinion.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by Lightmare]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ok, I can see how msnbc is left leaning but why are cnn and the networks lumped in there? I don't see how they are leftist or pro-dem, just watered down corporate news. Must be some subtlety I'm missing, or has fox brainwashed viewers to just ignore everything outside their own little world?

I can tell you one thing, they have all been complicit in the left-right distraction generator. Maybe I don't get it because I don't believe it.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by CapsFan8]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Watched MSNBC lately?

Go to the front page on ATS and check out a few vids on the MSNBC ads.

I thought fox was biased....wow....MSNBC kills 'em when it comes to being in the tank.

Oh yeah...

The CEO of GE, who owns MSNBC, is an ECONOMIC ADVISOR to President OBAMA.

Where's the outrage? Everyone is always fixated on Fox News....like they are the only ones with an Agenda...or in the tank for a party.

It's a joke!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

chill out dude, we all know this, the only reason why i posted it was because the guy actually admitted it, chill.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join