It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Admit They Own FOX?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Republicans Admit They Own FOX?

www.dailykos.com

The fifth thing that Republicans have to do is understand the problem of communicating in a world where much of the television media, particularly, is hostile...If I had to recommend one single thing that the Republicans should be doing to help articulate the message, it is to acquire another television network so that there is not just FOX, but multiple sources of alternative information that will do a much better job than we did in 2008 to keep things honest.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Video Of Statement Here

I'm not pro-repub or pro-dem ... completely neutral ... i know this is from a blog, but the statements from C-Span, which is a news source ... it's the only place i could find that said anything about this statement ... so is this proof that the GOP owns Fox? what are your thoughts? i think it's good proof imo ...

www.dailykos.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The hell? I always thought that the news was corporate news not government news. This is messed up. We need answers.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, disregarding the obvious nature of Fox "entertainment" News, it is evident that the political parties have an undo influence on media for years now.

While this is not shocking to hear them admit, for many people, it is scary that they want ANOTHER outlet to peddle their ideology.

Anyone still wondering if it doesn't matter that the corporations controlling our media are owned by something like, 5 people?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Maxmars]

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I hate to say it...but this is coming from the Daily KOS, it wouldn't surprise me if the Democrats ran this website (which...they do, actually, it is a very partisan site)

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

true it's by the daily kos, but i posted the video from C-Span that shows the guy actually making the statement plain as day ... not beating around the bush or anything ...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
C-SPAN is the only non-slanted source.
Why?
Because it's basically just a camera watching everything going on and I don't think they have any talking heads.

Fox? Really? I thought everyone knew it has very strong GOP influence.
Not sure if they own it, though. Good question. Probably endorse it monetarily.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
DailyKos....

Who gives a dern if the Republicans "own" FOXNews? I mean really, MSNBC, the New York Times, ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, Media Matters, Daily Kos, etc., etc., etc., to include "most all" major and mainstream media outlets are either owned by liberal Democrats or lean left.

To think, you, as with others, are astounded by this?
zOMG, one less mainstream and major media outlet that liberals can control or own. Smells more like fear to me than a new revelation.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

i wasn't surprised at all by the message ... the only thing that surprised me was the fact that the guy actually came flat out and said it... just thought it was worth posting here as solid proof

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Also let's ignore the fact that the CEO of GE (who OWNS NBC and MSNBC) is one of Obama's economic advisors.

I know everyones likes to nail FOX on this stuff...and much of it is justified...but everyone seems to ignore what the other stations are doing.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Obviously this isn't news to most reasonable folk.

But I think there is a more significant point from this statement that is being missed ...

What this Republican gentleman is actually saying is that the issue for the Republican party isn't its platform or message, but that what the Republican party needs to win future elections is more biased exposure to even out what he and others perceive as a marketing imbalance.

I'm afraid that if this remedy is what the party is counting on for future success they can look forward to being the minority for a long time.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Alright I know we all learned as kids not to listen to cartoons and follow their examples... but it's funny I read this article tonight right after watching the episode of Family Guy where Lois becomes a reporter for Fox News and Brian is opposed to it because they have a biased opinion to everything...siding the Republicans.

en.wikipedia.org...

Might be all in my head, might be a coincidence.... or it might be a hint for us all

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

And?

Fox News is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Is he a Republican? Probably. Is that illegal? No. They're no different than any other news organization. All of them are owned and operated by members of one of the two major political parties and most are Democrats.

So BFD. The only reason some people are up in arms about it is because they don't like the message, but its just fine if everyone else is biased, apparently.

And good grief, using Daily Kos as a source for an article about media bias...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by vor78]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

true it's by the daily kos, but i posted the video from C-Span that shows the guy actually making the statement plain as day ... not beating around the bush or anything ... i just posted because i thought it was interesting he just came out and said it ... have any other people of a certain political party actually came out and admitted it?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm not surprised whatsoever it is blatantly obvious what FOX has been up to all this time. I think the problem was that during the Bush years it was almost like Orwellian double-speak when they used to keep telling you how Fair and Balanced they were when it was obvious they were just a neocon mouthpiece.
That was scary!

Name one liberal show on Fox.

These days it seems they have dropped the "fair and balanced" thing to just now claim that every single other news source is so completely blatantly liberal that they HAVE to be conservative to "show the other side". Fair enough. At least admit it!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Also let's ignore the fact that the CEO of GE (who OWNS NBC and MSNBC) is one of Obama's economic advisors.

I know everyones likes to nail FOX on this stuff...and much of it is justified...but everyone seems to ignore what the other stations are doing.

I couldn't agree with you more

-E-

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
To "report" something like this just plays into the false left/right paradigm. The left/right is theater for the sheeple to make it appear there is a choice. The media is all owned and controlled by different factions of the PTB. Each "side" must have an outlet for its partisan view to keep the illusion of choice alive.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think it is called freedom of speech, why should we only have left wing liberal news?

Why is there more then one political party?

How do we keep one another in check?

Why is there a defense attorney and a prosecuting attorney?

There is so little pro christian and pro right, would you silence the last vestige?

Of course you would.

Ma'at

The pendulum can only swing so far one way, before it swings back the other.

Places your heart on the Scales of Justice.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

you're using kos as a source? the only reason "the guy" said what he did on c-span is that no other major media outlet gives time to conservative ideology.

there's more than one way to think in this country than liberal/progressive/democrat.

are you endorsing pelosi and holder's views that guns should be banned?

or chu and browner's views that we must pay european prices for electricity and gasoline?

or kellogg and monsanto's views that there should be no more small farms?

deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The fifth thing that Republicans have to do is understand the problem of communicating in a world where much of the television media, particularly, is hostile.

MSNBC tried conservatism for a while and it was found to be unmarketable so they changed. For a time most of their commentators were conservative. They have/had Joe Scarborough, Tucker Carlson, Dennis Miller, and Michael Savage. Even Don Imus was at least conservative enough to have John McCain on his program on MSNBC regularly.

Today there are less conservative commentators on MSNBC, but only because the public would not accept it. Thus the station went more liberal in an attempt to maintain viewership and advertising dollars.

The free market spoke. Social/fiscal conservatism can only prop up one cable news station.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join