It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs to Report Near Record Profits?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well folks its just a rumor as of now but I totally believe its coming....

market-ticker.denninger.net...

What can I say these banks are taking taxpayer dollars and making record profits off of them. The only way they can do this is by gouging people. Borrow interest free money and lend it at 5% and 20%+ on credit cards. Its either that or these banks were in NO where near as bad as shape as the government claimed and this is just one big F***ing theft.

I tend to think its the latter. I feel the banks were not in as bad of shape as they made it out. I feel this is just another example of how the parasites known as the international banksters bleed our prosperity dry.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by mybigunit]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The only way to stop them would be to burn down Goldman Sachs. Voting doesn't work, as proved in the last elections. Most of congress is being reelected even if they are as corrupt as the devil. Senate same thing. President same thing.

The people need to take the matters into their own hands. The more you wait the more money they steal. If you wait for the next election in 2012, they will steal over 100 trillions $$$ or about 25.6 trillions / year at the current rate.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Don't you think it is a possiblilty they made a killing on the gold market the past couple of months?

That's alot of scratch made off the free taxpayer money...

Anybody run the numbers to see the possible gains made from an investment last NOV to the recent highs...

Just brainstorming here

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
The only way to stop them would be to burn down Goldman Sachs. Voting doesn't work, as proved in the last elections. Most of congress is being reelected even if they are as corrupt as the devil. Senate same thing. President same thing.

The people need to take the matters into their own hands. The more you wait the more money they steal. If you wait for the next election in 2012, they will steal over 100 trillions $$$ or about 25.6 trillions / year at the current rate.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

Yup they really do own both parties. It is one big circle jerk between the politicians and the bankers. We were warned about this by not only our founding fathers but even people like Andrew Jackson, Lincoln, and Louis Thomas McFadden. I guess American Idol is on Ill see you later

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Don't you think it is a possiblilty they made a killing on the gold market the past couple of months?

That's alot of scratch made off the free taxpayer money...

Anybody run the numbers to see the possible gains made from an investment last NOV to the recent highs...

Just brainstorming here

No doubt they did well on gold I know this indeed is where they made some good money. Thats now where they are getting their near record profits. These guys were double dipping in a major way and the taxpayer had to pay the tab BOTH times.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I thought they needed bailout money? I guess I'll keep paying my taxes in order to contribute to their bottom line. I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Does anything really surprise any of us anymore? Just wondering, really. I kinda expect it to all catch up to us any time now...

Somehow though, the concept of 'budget' always escaped these Neocons... It wouldn't make much sense now to consider that spending our way deeper into dept, might not be our way OUT of debt?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, Goldman Sachs is an insider dream...with it's former personel serving as Secretaries of the Treasury. There exists massive potential for profiteering thru inside information and policy-making influence is enormous. This corruption and profiteering can also easily escape detection via partners in foreign markets where oversight is missing, and political influence is all-powerful!

And this is evidenced by a soon to be report of near record profits!
???

One man has apparently had enough...and started his own campaign against Goldman Sachs. I'd say he is serious, and seriouly onto something.
He could be the tool to break this thing wide open. Check it out!

At the head of the American money-banking oligarchy sits one of the premier international merchant banks, Goldmann Sachs. Its influence on markets and monetary policy is clearly enormous. In effect, Goldman Sachs alone is a quasi-governmental agency – i.e., a private preserve of public power and government bond-dealer influence.
We should remember that not only is insider information generated and used by the likes of a Goldman Sachs (working two sides of trades, and paying the fees of the "independent" bond analysts ) but its influence amongst the coterie of large bank owners of the "Federal " Reserve is also enormous. This private ability to know and to direct "governmental" monetary and fiscal policy is then a Fed insider’s dream, and bond dealer’s paradise.

Goldman Sachs hires lawyer to shut down investigative blogger!

www.goldmansachs666.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Reply to Burntheships

Yeah I know about Mr Morgan already I actually posted on that thread. Why would Goldman want anyone talking about their theft of course they are trying to off his site......

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
guys..

gold has nothing to do with GS profit/loss this qtr...

this week of trading will be quite interesting

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
guys..

gold has nothing to do with GS profit/loss this qtr...

this week of trading will be quite interesting

Well they did make a killing off gold but I agree that is only a small part of their profits. The majority of their profits came from theft or swindling.....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
$9.4 billion dollar profit and more than double the earnings than the analysts had predicted. Alls I have to say is this...

Government welfare to banks...... $700 billion
Federal Reserve plunge protection.... $8 trillion dollars

Banks making record profits off hardworking Americans tax dollars while they sit and watch American Idol.....priceless....

top topics

join