It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yorkshire Puddings-- help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I would be extremely grateful to anybody who would be kind enough to share their recipes and secrets for making these. I've tried and failed so go slow and use small words

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
britishfood.about.com...

Here's an instructional video!

I always just use popover recipes when I make mine, but maybe this will help you.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Brilliant! Thank you very much. The video is a nice touch-- visuals never hurt

*sigh* more characters needed....

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

You're welcome. Enjoy!
Recipes are my specialty. But shh... our little secret.

I've made yorkshire puddings twice. First time they were awesome, second time my mom let them burn a little because I was out when they were in the oven.

Tasty, though.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've tried them once and they weren't bad, but far from how they were supposed to be. They looked like big, thin, muffins.

So I'll give this a try. They just look too good to give up on. thanks again

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Put your batter mix in the fridge if you can and leave it for at least an hour. All ways put cold batter mix into hot oil.
The original way was to put your potatoes, meat, veg and gravy in the pudding itself.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thank you

I tried it and it worked! Yay! They tasted a little different than I had thought, but still good. I look forward to making them again. Thanks Ravenshadow and Kurokage.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is my family recipe for yorkshire pud:

1c milk
1c flour
3 eggs
S&P
1T water

Put milk, flour, eggs, S & P into large jug and whizz all up with electric beaters (leave out water for now).

Get a muffin tin and place 1/2tsp oil into each cup. Put into a very hot oven and heat up until oil is smoking.

When your ready to cook, add a tablespoon of water to batter and give it a final whizz.

Remove hot muffin tin, place on bench and close oven door.

QUICKLY pour batter into cups about 3/4 full.

Put back into oven straight away. After 10 mins turn down to a moderate temp and bake another 20-25mins until light, golden and crispy.

Yummy....

HTH!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks Antmar! Easy recipe-- just the kind I like

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
Thanks Antmar! Easy recipe-- just the kind I like

lol, me too

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My yorkshire pudding tips:

There's no such thing as too much whisking. The more you whisk your batter, the more air will be in it, and the better the puddings will be. Aching arm = tasty yorkshires!

and secondly, beef dripping is your friend!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul

Thank you, Paul

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks for the tips, especially the video! Reading this thread makes me want to go make Yorkshire Pudding now, but it will have to wait until next weekend. We like to make ours with sausage in it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
My yorkshire pudding tips:

There's no such thing as too much whisking. The more you whisk your batter, the more air will be in it, and the better the puddings will be. Aching arm = tasty yorkshires!

and secondly, beef dripping is your friend!

I could not agree with you more; now the next time I go to my mom's for roast I can say that I have resources that tell me to aching the arms for it makes a better bite; )

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
A little tip which I picked up is:

after you finish whisking the ingredients, empty them into a large tupperware box (or similar) with a firmly sealable lid. Then shake the arse out of it until your arms are tired!!!! This puts extra air bubbles into the mixture and makes the resulting pudding lighter and more fluffy!!!!

Happy pudding making!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
i can never seem to get them sunken in the middle, like the frozen ones.

top topics

join